Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

post #601 of 623 Old 10-27-2014, 05:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Non Working Moxi

for $250 you can send in the moxi dvr and get another 1yr warranty they will swap it out for you. Non working mate $$120 to swap out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 623 Old 10-27-2014, 06:46 AM
QuadMersed in bass!

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post
As far as I understand it he booted the drive using the previous owners setup, then unlinked the account, wiped the drive and put a new hard drive in. So it was never registered to a new owner before the FFP was tried.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz2k View Post
I see what you're saying. we would usually unlink the account and go thru the setup gui. it's not good the drive was wiped when that drive wasn't going to be used in the moxi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post
So he doesn't even have the original failing drive with a working install to use to boot it up.
Quote:
and it doesn't seem that even the original hdd will do an ffp as it stuck with 3 lights and checking your hard drive? I read thru all the posts in the past but forgot a bit, sorry. these factors seem like a bad/incompatible hdd and/or network problem but he has tried different networks too. I think we need the full story and not just 1 line q&a from firemanret at this point.
Robert got it up and running after receiving it, but it took several reboots for this to occur; it was probably processing the location change at that point. Note: I had not yet deleted my account. He did receive a confirmation of a channel line-up change, so I think at that point, Moxi recognized that my box had changed locations. Once I heard that he had it up and running, I deleted my Moxi account.

Next he heard some slow ticking sound, as if the drive was running slow, I presume. Because I had pointed out in the listing that the drive showed signs of early failure--occasional random reboots--he was thinking this a drive issue. I never noticed any signs of mechanical failure like drive noise. Thinking the drive was problematic, he pulled it out and connected it to a Windows computer to try and run some diagnostics (NFI). Windows presented a message that the drive needed to be formatted, and he clicked on it. He told me he realized after clicking that it was probably not a good idea.

I think if he had created a Moxi account before wiping the drive, we would have been OK with the FFP procedure. Alternatively, if he had cloned the drive before wiping it, I think he could have registered it under his own account.

Had I known, I would have ensured this process happened differently. I think we are learning for the first time that the FFP does not work unless you have a working box on an active account.

Mark
post #603 of 623 Old 10-27-2014, 06:46 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by miked1960 View Post
for $250 you can send in the moxi dvr and get another 1yr warranty they will swap it out for you. Non working mate $$120 to swap out.
not in his case my friend.
post #604 of 623 Old 10-27-2014, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giomania View Post
Robert got it up and running after receiving it, but it took several reboots for this to occur; it was probably processing the location change at that point. Note: I had not yet deleted my account. He did receive a confirmation of a channel line-up change, so I think at that point, Moxi recognized that my box had changed locations. Once I heard that he had it up and running, I deleted my Moxi account.

Next he heard some slow ticking sound, as if the drive was running slow, I presume. Because I had pointed out in the listing that the drive showed signs of early failure--occasional random reboots--he was thinking this a drive issue. I never noticed any signs of mechanical failure like drive noise. Thinking the drive was problematic, he pulled it out and connected it to a Windows computer to try and run some diagnostics (NFI). Windows presented a message that the drive needed to be formatted, and he clicked on it. He told me he realized after clicking that it was probably not a good idea.

I think if he had created a Moxi account before wiping the drive, we would have been OK with the FFP procedure. Alternatively, if he had cloned the drive before wiping it, I think he could have registered it under his own account.

Had I known, I would have ensured this process happened differently. I think we are learning for the first time that the FFP does not work unless you have a working box on an active account.

Mark
Thanks for the response!

Last edited by dz2k; 12-07-2014 at 11:50 AM.
post #605 of 623 Old 11-17-2014, 04:12 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Problems With Moxi Not Recording

I have a 3 tuner Moxi which I got in 2010. A year and a half ago, the 500GB internal hard drive failed and I replaced it with a 2TB Seagate Barracuda drive. I also added a second, identical 2TB drive in a Rosewill fan cooled external hard drive enclosure as the external hard drive. The enclosure has a converter that converts the SATA connection on the hard drive to an ESATA connection for the Moxi end of things.

That arrangement has worked fine except that on occasion the Moxi seems to lose the external hard drive (the activity light on the external hard drive stays on solid when this happens as well). To recover, I have simply disconnected the external drive and powered it off, powered it back on, reconnected it then reset the Moxi. The drive works normally after that, usually for many months before the problem it recurs.

This past weekend, the Moxi stopped recording programs scheduled for recording at a particular time. It would just ignore the program schedule and pass by the scheduled start times without starting the recordings at the scheduled time. Also, I could not start recording a program manually. If I selected a program on the guide which is currently playing and press “record once”, I only get the grey/blue “scheduled” button next to it but it never changes to the red button which indicates recording has started. The only way I could get the Moxi to start recording at this point was to select a program, actually start it via “watch” then select record. In this case it would start recording.

On one occasion when I was trying to record, I suddenly got a message out of nowhere on the Moxi saying “external hard drive ready for use”. That led me to suspect a problem with the external hard drive. Also, after I got that message however, the Moxi started operating normally once more, recording scheduled programs and allowing manual recording.

After about a half hour, the external hard drive activity light stopped again and once again, I could no longer record normally. This time, I disconnected the external hard drive, left it powered it off and disconnected, reset the Moxi and it operated normally with no problems at all for an extended time (several hours). After several hours of operating normally, I powered on, reconnected the hard drive, reset the Moxi again and it to operate normally and record normally for about another half hour at which time the recording problem recurred yet again.

I continued this cycle of removing the external HD, resetting the Moxi, letting it run for several hours with no problems then adding the external HD back in and resetting the Moxi. After the last time I did this, the Moxi has run for quite an extended time on the external HD without any recording problems. This is the longest by far that it’s run without problems since the recording problems first occurred.

I first suspected that I had a bad external HD but now I am not so sure. Here are the reasons why:

- The HD has been both reading and writing normally at times since the problem first occurred. This obviously means that there is no hard failure on the HD. I suppose there could be an intermittent one though.

- All of the recorded programs on the external HD have remained intact on it through all the disconnections and reconnections since the problem first occurred. None of them have been lost.

- Right now it is recording normally on the external HD (and has been for many hours) as if nothing had ever happened.

One last point I will make about something else strange that has been happening during all of this. With both HDs connected, the Moxi shows 39-40% full of programs, which is normally about where it keep it at all times. With the external HD disconnected (which has a LOT of programs stored on it), the Moxi still shows 39-40% full. I would expect it to jump up to a higher number such as 60-70% etc. (or at least change since it is now running with just one HD) with the external HD disconnected and back down to 39-40% with it reconnected. This is the way it behaved when I first installed the external HD. The fact that the percentage of HD full never changes regardless of whether the Moxi runs with the ext. HD disconnected or reconnected is very puzzling to me.

Does anyone know what to make of all of this? As I said previously, I first suspected the ext. drive itself but now am not so sure. I am leaning more towards the electronics in the Rosewell enclosure or even in the Moxi itself. I sure hope it’s not the latter. I would appreciate any feedback or ideas about what may be going on here. Thanks.
post #606 of 623 Old 11-17-2014, 05:24 PM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Based on your space available, it seems the external harddrive isn't even being used or causing some sort of conflict. If your only using 40% of the primary drive do you even need the external. I suspect Moxi support would tell you your rosewill external drive enclosure is not "approved" although I know users have had success with the external enclosures. I believe the list of approved external DVR drives is small.
post #607 of 623 Old 11-17-2014, 05:58 PM

I am leaning more towards the electronics in the Rosewell enclosure judging from my experience with external hard drives. The hard drive that is in the enclosure is probably fine. It is odd that your space meter doesnt change when you disconnect the external hard drive. What we would do is push disconnect in menu and reboot moxi with the connection still plugged in your case.. that way moxi will recognize all space on the checking the hard drive screen. When moxi boots, then do a disconnect external in menu and unplug the esata connection and you should see program shrink and the space meter adjust. You could also delete an internal program to see if the meter changes.

Last edited by dz2k; 11-17-2014 at 06:02 PM.
post #608 of 623 Old 11-18-2014, 03:31 PM

Thanks for the responses.

>>Based on your space available, it seems the external hard drive isn't even being used or causing some sort of conflict. If your only using 40% of the primary drive do you even need the external.<<

That thought had occurred to me also. The Moxi seems to be using not just the internal HD but is also regularly using space on the external HD however. I base this on the fact that the activity light on the external drive has been flashing regularly and frequently meaning that the MOXI has been writing to/reading from it at a pretty good clip. Also, there are both very recent programs and also earlier programs stored on the external HD, all of the above indicating to me that programs are regularly being stored on the external HD instead of just being limited to the internal HD. I lean more towards your theory of some type of conflict with the external HD although I'm not sure why it would take a year and a half to show up if that were the case (unless it were triggered by the HD's reaching a particular threshold of space used).

>>I am leaning more towards the electronics in the Rosewell enclosure judging from my experience with external hard drives. The hard drive that is in the enclosure is probably fine. It is odd that your space meter doesnt change when you disconnect the external hard drive. What we would do is push disconnect in menu and reboot moxi with the connection still plugged in your case.. that way moxi will recognize all space on the checking the hard drive screen. When moxi boots, then do a disconnect external in menu and unplug the esata connection and you should see program shrink and the space meter adjust. You could also delete an internal program to see if the meter changes. <<

The Moxi has been running fine and error-free for over a day now with both HD's connected and in use. This is the first time that has happened since last week and the only thing I have done to try and correct it has been to disconnect and reconnect the hard drive (and reset the Moxi) several times (I have in fact been using the the "disconnect" feature on the menu that you mentioned during each of these attempts). I agree with you about the external HD and am pretty convinced at this point that there is no problem with the external HD itself. I too am suspicious of the external enclosure however or some type of highly intermittent conflict with the external HD as was mentioned earlier. Right now, I am going to just let it run as it is (since it is again running fine), hope that it keeps doing so without problems and if problems do re-occur, I will start by replacing the enclosure.

That still leaves no explanation for why the space used indication has never changed however. This entire situation has just been bizarre.
post #609 of 623 Old 11-19-2014, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_111 View Post
Thanks for the responses.

>>Based on your space available, it seems the external hard drive isn't even being used or causing some sort of conflict. If your only using 40% of the primary drive do you even need the external.<<

That thought had occurred to me also. The Moxi seems to be using not just the internal HD but is also regularly using space on the external HD however. I base this on the fact that the activity light on the external drive has been flashing regularly and frequently meaning that the MOXI has been writing to/reading from it at a pretty good clip. Also, there are both very recent programs and also earlier programs stored on the external HD, all of the above indicating to me that programs are regularly being stored on the external HD instead of just being limited to the internal HD. I lean more towards your theory of some type of conflict with the external HD although I'm not sure why it would take a year and a half to show up if that were the case (unless it were triggered by the HD's reaching a particular threshold of space used).

>>I am leaning more towards the electronics in the Rosewell enclosure judging from my experience with external hard drives. The hard drive that is in the enclosure is probably fine. It is odd that your space meter doesnt change when you disconnect the external hard drive. What we would do is push disconnect in menu and reboot moxi with the connection still plugged in your case.. that way moxi will recognize all space on the checking the hard drive screen. When moxi boots, then do a disconnect external in menu and unplug the esata connection and you should see program shrink and the space meter adjust. You could also delete an internal program to see if the meter changes. <<

The Moxi has been running fine and error-free for over a day now with both HD's connected and in use. This is the first time that has happened since last week and the only thing I have done to try and correct it has been to disconnect and reconnect the hard drive (and reset the Moxi) several times (I have in fact been using the the "disconnect" feature on the menu that you mentioned during each of these attempts). I agree with you about the external HD and am pretty convinced at this point that there is no problem with the external HD itself. I too am suspicious of the external enclosure however or some type of highly intermittent conflict with the external HD as was mentioned earlier. Right now, I am going to just let it run as it is (since it is again running fine), hope that it keeps doing so without problems and if problems do re-occur, I will start by replacing the enclosure.

That still leaves no explanation for why the space used indication has never changed however. This entire situation has just been bizarre.
upon connection of the external hard drive, you should notice the number of recorded programs grow. upon disconnect of the external hard drive through the menu, you should see the number of recorded programs shrink.
Note: it may take up to 5 seconds after the disconnect message disappears for moxi to update recorded programs and the space meter.
post #610 of 623 Old 11-23-2014, 01:24 AM

Well, I had it running without problems all of this past week until yesterday when the same problem recurred. I disconnected and reconnected the external hard drive as I had done earlier in the week and that corrected the problem for another day. Tonight, I had another problem except that this time, I could continue to record scheduled programs normally but I lost access to all of the programs on the external hard drive. During all of the problems earlier, I never had lost access to the programs recorded on the external drive.

I tried disconnecting the drive again (using the Moxi menu external disconnect command as I usually do) but this time, the activity indicator on the drive continued to flash brightly, rapidly, and continuously even though the Moxi no longer thought the Ext. drive was connected at this point. I tried reconnecting the drive and resetting the Moxi several more times but it never picked up the external hard drive and whenever I went to the external hard drive “disconnect” command under “settings”, it showed no external drive being connected during these times.

Still, each time I did this the activity light on the external drive kept flashing rapidly as it had been earlier even though the Moxi clearly didn’t think that there was an ext drive connected at these times. It is a mystery to me why there was so much apparent read/write activity continuing to take place on that drive during those times however (when Moxi thought that there was no ext. HD attached).

Finally, I made another attempt to have the Moxi detect the drive during a reset operation. This time, after the Moxi had completely rebooted, I got a message saying “Moxi has detected a drive which may need reformatting. You can try to recover the programs on it by turning off the external drive for a few seconds and turning it back on. If that doesn’t work, you can try repeating the process several times. If you are unable to recover the programs that way, your programs are probably corrupt and the drive needs to be reformatted”.

I tried that several times with no luck and finally powered off the drive and just left it without making any more attempts at trying anything else with the Moxi for the time being. About 15 minutes later, with the drive still powered off, I got another message from the Moxi saying “Moxi has detected an external hard drive which may not be supported. Please disconnect the drive”.

I’ve had this hard drive operating without any problems for over a year and a half now and if it is not supported by Moxi, why has it taken that long for it to finally tell me that the drive is not supported? It would have been a heck of a lot better if it had told me that in June of 2013 when I first connected the drive rather than letting me load a whole lot of programs on it only to lose them later, as it appears I have done now? Even though I knew back then that I was using an HD that wasn’t on Moxi’s approved list, the fact that it ran for a year and a half after that without any problems puzzles me. Right now, it looks as if the programs on that drive are gone for good.
post #611 of 623 Old 11-23-2014, 07:24 AM

did you try the method stated in a previous response? we see you've reset moxi a few times in your responses.
post #612 of 623 Old 11-23-2014, 05:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Well, I had it running without problems all of this past week until yesterday when the same problem recurred.
I replaced my stock internal drive with a 2tb when my external drive died so its been a while since I used an external....but. Wasn't it said originally when the Moxi came out, that you needed to use an SATA only external enclosure? That's what I used I still have the blue esata cable around here somewhere.

I'm thinking people have gotten USB/esata enclosures to work because it was difficult for me to find sata only. But I wonder if you've thought of this.
Dave
post #613 of 623 Old 11-25-2014, 04:40 PM

Quote:
did you try the method stated in a previous response? we see you've reset moxi a few times in your responses.
I’ve also been trying to use the methods you mentioned previously. The “external HD” menu command no longer shows that there is an external HD connected (even though one is), so I obviously can’t use the “disconnect” command. If I leave the Moxi in that state long enough (with the ext HD powered on and with me taking no other action on the Moxi, it DOES go on to give me a message saying that it has detected an "external HD which needs to be formatted” (which of course I haven’t been doing).

If I leave that message open for a while, I get another message saying that it may be possible to recover my programs if I “close the message, power off the ext. HD, wait a few minutes and power the ext. HD back on”. It goes on to say that if the programs haven’t been recovered within a few minutes, repeat the process. I’ve repeated this process a number of times now without success. I’ve also stopped resetting the Moxi when I have been trying this latest procedure. Also, the percentage of storage used now rises MUCH FASTER with just the internal HD only in use for a while, even though there wasn't really change in that figure when the external HD was first disconnected.

This situation is the biggest problem that I have with Moxi, that is that the file/program management system leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion. There is NO way to back up the programs stored on the hard drives (as I can do with my Magnavox MDR513’s). Furthermore, if you DO use a Moxi external HD, there is no way to know which program is stored on which drive. On the other hand, we all know that ANY hard drive can fail at any time, regardless of age.

I’ve already lost all the programs on the Moxi internal hard drive once when the drive failed after only 2 years use. Now it appears I’ve probably lost all of the ones on the external HD as well, and only after a year and a half. Even if I replaced this external HD with one that is “supported” by Moxi or is “DVR certified”, there is no guarantee that it wouldn’t fail just as quickly. I am not very familiar with Tivo but I suspect that their file/program storage is pretty much the same way.

Update - 11/25/15 - 11:10 pm EST

Well, I’ve given up trying to figure this thing out. After messing with it for what I had decided was the last time earlier today (after trying every conceivable solution I could think of for it), I had given up on it, was ready to throw it out and was trying to decide on a replacement for it. I forgot to disconnect and remove it however and had just let it sit there for about 6 hours or so connected and with power on.

I happened to look over later in the day and noticed that the activity light on it was flashing at what looked like its normal speed. I then checked and all of my programs on the external HD were back, programmed recording was still proceeding normally and the External HD Menu “disconnect” was operating normally once more as well.

Like I said, I have given up trying to figure this thing out but I think what I am going to do is get a new enclosure and Esata cable for the drive, keep it offline except when I really need it and replace it with a 1TB DVR external HD like the WD My Book DVR Expander. With a 1TB drive you at least won’t lose as many programs as you would on a 2TB or greater external HD if it should happen to go bad.

Last edited by Scott_111; 11-25-2014 at 09:10 PM. Reason: update
post #614 of 623 Old 11-25-2014, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrons View Post
Wasn't it said originally when the Moxi came out, that you needed to use an SATA only external enclosure? That's what I used I still have the blue esata cable around here somewhere.

I'm thinking people have gotten USB/esata enclosures to work because it was difficult for me to find sata only. But I wonder if you've thought of this.
Dave
Thanks for the response. The only way to connect an EXT HD to a Moxi is via an Esata connector:

• >>Huge Storage
  • 500 GB storage means 75 hours of 1080 HD recording or 300 hours of Standard–Definition recording – and Moxi is expandable with up to 6 additional Terabytes of external eSATA drive storage**<<
http://www.moxi.com/us/moxi_dvr.html
post #615 of 623 Old 11-25-2014, 07:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Thanks for the response. The only way to connect an EXT HD to a Moxi is via an Esata connector:
Maybe you didn't understand. I own a Moxi and have for a long time. I'm well aware of the connection as I wrote about it in my post.
What I was talking about was the suggestion that you use an enclosure that is ESATA only. Meaning no USB, no firewire, just an ESATA.

There was quite a long discussion on this subject some years ago in the main Moxi thread.
post #616 of 623 Old 11-25-2014, 07:47 PM

Even the moxi dvr supported Lacie Quadra4 6tb had a few types of connections like USB 2.0, FireWire 400 & 800, and eSATA. As stated, only esata is used for moxi though.

Last edited by dz2k; 12-07-2014 at 12:30 PM.
post #617 of 623 Old 11-25-2014, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_111 View Post
I’ve also been trying to use the methods you mentioned previously. The “external HD” menu command no longer shows that there is an external HD connected (even though one is), so I obviously can’t use the “disconnect” command. If I leave the Moxi in that state long enough (with the ext HD powered on and with me taking no other action on the Moxi, it DOES go on to give me a message saying that it has detected an "external HD which needs to be formatted” (which of course I haven’t been doing).

If I leave that message open for a while, I get another message saying that it may be possible to recover my programs if I “close the message, power off the ext. HD, wait a few minutes and power the ext. HD back on”. It goes on to say that if the programs haven’t been recovered within a few minutes, repeat the process. I’ve repeated this process a number of times now without success. I’ve also stopped resetting the Moxi when I have been trying this latest procedure. Also, the percentage of storage used now rises MUCH FASTER with just the internal HD only in use for a while, even though there wasn't really change in that figure when the external HD was first disconnected.

This situation is the biggest problem that I have with Moxi, that is that the file/program management system leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion. There is NO way to back up the programs stored on the hard drives (as I can do with my Magnavox MDR513’s). Furthermore, if you DO use a Moxi external HD, there is no way to know which program is stored on which drive. On the other hand, we all know that ANY hard drive can fail at any time, regardless of age.

I’ve already lost all the programs on the Moxi internal hard drive once when the drive failed after only 2 years use. Now it appears I’ve probably lost all of the ones on the external HD as well, and only after a year and a half. Even if I replaced this external HD with one that is “supported” by Moxi or is “DVR certified”, there is no guarantee that it wouldn’t fail just as quickly. I am not very familiar with Tivo but I suspect that their file/program storage is pretty much the same way.
Did u disconnect the esata connection and plug it back in? U need to get a raid external hdd so at least your external hdd programs have protection. Robert suggested using an 80gb internal hdd to minimize program loss. Most dvrs we've come across dont allow one to select where programs are stored internal hdd or external hdd. U could take the hdd out and try to clone it an put it in another enclosure but again it seems if the current enclosure fails..youre out of luck.
post #618 of 623 Old 12-07-2014, 01:11 PM

I bought a moxi from DigitalKnight here. I seem to be having trouble and am wondering what others think? He stated a few issues and thought it needed a 3rd hard drive so I didn't think it'd be a problem at all. i did a "remove from account" and went thru the procedure. it hung up at some point because the moxi guided setup wasn't on screen and it sat there with "no signal" on the tv for at least 30 minutes. that's another story. At this time, we have it activated on our account with a hard drive already on the hdd replacement list (and we've used the same model hdd in the past with a moxi unit) but upon placing power into the unit, i get "no signal" on screen via hdmi 9 of 10 times. The tv keeps saying "no signal" and doesn't show the MOXI logo. The 10th time it actually boots and the rightmost led comes on(i guess finally recognizing the hard drive), it shows the MOXI logo, and goes to the menu with several categories like channels, setup, etc. there is no picture but only because i haven't activated the cablecard and am afraid to at this point as i can't get the moxi to boot properly 9 of 10 times. i believe this remove from account process erased all the previous owners recorded content and started me over with a fresh install already. I'm going to try some composite cables and see what it does then maybe try a 4fp. i didn't configure tv settings yet but think it default to a high resolution 1080p judging by how it looked on screen. any suggestions?

Last edited by dz2k; 12-07-2014 at 01:14 PM.
post #619 of 623 Old 12-07-2014, 06:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 504
Quick remedy for a no signal is the front panel video switch.

1. On the front panel, press and hold the Moxi and Up arrow buttons until the LED flashes (about five seconds).

2. Then press the right or left arrow button until the LED flashes. Continue this until you see video.

Given that it boots occasionally it sounds like the problem is somewhere else though.

post #620 of 623 Old 12-07-2014, 06:13 PM

Thanks, but ive tried that without luck. I was just informed by the seller that power needs to be very very tight to boot up. I'll try this and report back.

Last edited by dz2k; 12-07-2014 at 06:17 PM.
post #621 of 623 Old Yesterday, 01:44 AM

I was able to get it to boot the first time with power cord very very tight. The problem is the next 14 times it didnt boot to even the first moxi logo. It came on but just to no signal on the tv. I knew if possible software issues like it may skip during a recorded show, which could be signal or hard drive related but had no clue about the moxi has issues booting altogether. A serious hardware issue. There is some type of ir cord that is connected to the interior front panel i found out upon delivery. When the moxi did boot, we tested the reset button on the front panel on the left and it reset to a "no signal." This isnt going to work. This box has had it. Im gonna try for a full refund.
post #622 of 623 Old Today, 06:13 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Non Working Moxi

Quote:
I was able to get it to boot the first time with power cord very very tight. The problem is the next 14 times it didnt boot to even the first moxi logo. It came on but just to no signal on the tv. I knew if possible software issues like it may skip during a recorded show, which could be signal or hard drive related but had no clue about the moxi has issues booting altogether. A serious hardware issue. There is some type of ir cord that is connected to the interior front panel i found out upon delivery. When the moxi did boot, we tested the reset button on the front panel on the left and it reset to a "no signal." This isnt going to work. This box has had it. Im gonna try for a full refund.
For $249 Moxi will send you a repaired one they pay to ship back the old one. The power surges we were having for several months after a summer storm took it out couldn't get any internet connection. Contact them see if they will do it for you. If the other person changed anything on the system they may not, FULL Refunds are best!
post #623 of 623 Old Today, 06:58 AM

The system was already changed in the ir sensor connected to interior front panel and going out a drilled hole in the back.
Reply HDTV Recorders