Official Moxi Hard Drive Replacement Thread - Page 23 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 16Likes
post #661 of 664 Unread 08-14-2015, 05:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
My 5 year old Moxi started to freeze up frequently and became unusable about a month ago so I read through this thread and got a new drive and tools with the intention to replace the existing drive. However, when I opened up the Moxi case and noticed it has terrible ventilation for the internal drive and the drive was super hot. So, instead of replacing the drive, I drilled some holes in the top of the Moxi case and put a pair of inexpensive cooling fans (AC Infinity) on top of the holes. My Moxi has been running fine without any issues for several weeks now and it's also more responsive than before as well. My conclusion is that many apparent drive problems are likely due to the poor ventilation design instead of actual drive defects.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #662 of 664 Unread Yesterday, 06:26 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
WD30EURX - success or failure?

My Moxi with replacement drive crapped out about a month ago. It had been running with a WD20EURS-73TLHY0 for about 2 years. I put in an older 1 TB drive and sent the WD20EURS back to Western Digital for warranty repair. They sent a free replacement, but the new drive is a WD30EURX-63T0FY0. I don't see any comments on that drive in the thread, but figured it was worth asking. This is a bigger (3TB vs 2TB) drive with 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s (as opposed to the WD20EURS with SATA 3.0Gb/s). Anyone know if this should work with Moxi? Unit has done well with current 1GB drive.
post #663 of 664 Unread Yesterday, 06:02 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I've been using a 2 TB EURX in my 3 tuner since December and it's working well. Very quiet. my last drive a 2 TB Pipeline was loud.
Dave
post #664 of 664 Unread Yesterday, 08:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrons View Post
I've been using a 2 TB EURX in my 3 tuner since December and it's working well. Very quiet. my last drive a 2 TB Pipeline was loud.
Dave
The 2 TB worked great for almost 2 years. My problem is that Western Digital sent me a 3 TB to replace the 2 TB when I sent it in for repair.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders