Playing multiple shows at once - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 06-16-2011, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I have a very ill family member who can't use their hands and have a very weird sleeping schedule.

What would be really great would be if I could set the DVR to just play EVERYTHING on it and leave it be. Rather than have to play each taped program individually.

So does anyone know of any method to do this? Not sure I would try a hack, since it's not my equipment.

I have a Motorola DCT3412 I and a Motorola dcx3400m, both from Comcast.

You know, this is definitely something DVR developers should have thought of a long time ago. I mean, it's something that VCRs have over DVRs.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-16-2011, 07:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
No, there's no feature to accomplish this. It has also been discussed in the Motorola DCX thread (look for a post by George-O and a reply by me). Motorola and the cable companies should be able to add a "playlist" feature very easily, but they evidently haven't had many requests.

You should reach out to both Motorola and your cable company and let them know how useful it would be (and describe the situation, they may not have the elderly/special needs customers in mind when hearing the request). The more people ask for it, the higher up the priority list it'll rise.
post #3 of 8 Old 06-16-2011, 10:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergioQ View Post

So I have a very ill family member who can't use their hands and have a very weird sleeping schedule.

What would be really great would be if I could set the DVR to just play EVERYTHING on it and leave it be. Rather than have to play each taped program individually.

So does anyone know of any method to do this? Not sure I would try a hack, since it's not my equipment.

I have a Motorola DCT3412 I and a Motorola dcx3400m, both from Comcast.

You know, this is definitely something DVR developers should have thought of a long time ago. I mean, it's something that VCRs have over DVRs.

Thanks.

Chances are that an IPG firmware update could handle this.
post #4 of 8 Old 06-17-2011, 10:11 AM

Liked: 10
does anyone know if the DISH VIP722K can do this? thanks
post #5 of 8 Old 06-17-2011, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I know DirecTV can play a whole folder of shows in a row.

For example if you have the entire season on Game of Thrones recorded on your DVR, all of those shows will show up in one single folder in your DVR playlist. If you highlight the folder and press play it will start at the first episode and play them all in a row, one right after the other. I believe it usually starts off wherever you left off last though. So if you've already watched the first episode, and half of the second episode, it would start playing from the middle of the second episode.

As far as playing a bunch of different movies, or TV shows, I don't believe the DirecTV DVRs can do that (or at least I don't know how to if it can).
post #6 of 8 Old 06-17-2011, 01:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerstalker View Post

As far as playing a bunch of different movies, or TV shows, I don't believe the DirecTV DVRs can do that (or at least I don't know how to if it can).

Well, just the ability to play a folder of shows (even if you don't have much ability to edit the folder's contents) is a lot better than anything else I've seen.
post #7 of 8 Old 06-17-2011, 02:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerstalker View Post

I know DirecTV can play a whole folder of shows in a row.

For example if you have the entire season on Game of Thrones recorded on your DVR, all of those shows will show up in one single folder in your DVR playlist. If you highlight the folder and press play it will start at the first episode and play them all in a row, one right after the other. I believe it usually starts off wherever you left off last though. So if you've already watched the first episode, and half of the second episode, it would start playing from the middle of the second episode.

Hell, my SA DVR running Passport on Cox can do that! I've got 50 "David Letterman" shows recorded. Press one button on the remote, and all 51+ hours will play back.
post #8 of 8 Old 06-17-2011, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNO821 View Post

Well, just the ability to play a folder of shows (even if you don't have much ability to edit the folder's contents) is a lot better than anything else I've seen.

A standard feature on many DVR firmwares.
Reply HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page