Channel Master TV CM 7400 HD DVR - OTA, Clear QAM, Internet Content - Page 68 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #2011 of 2014 Old 12-20-2015, 05:53 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by P Smith View Post
well ...

- welcome to bring your own expertise here

- the factory was the same; just look at marks/labels of all components the TR-50 aka dvtpaldvr aka cm7000pal dvr include plastic parts

- I've seen on eBay sells of non-working both models

- by my count I did fix many of both models

- what is your beef in differences of SW/FW in case of all HW problems with the device ? Bring your expertise, not guesses or opinions.

As to patronizing you ... you did write "I personally prefer the CM7400 over the previous CM7000 clone of the DTV Pal." and right after wrote 100% truth facts supporting your first phrase: "If you read enough user complaints, it seems the CM7000 had more failures than its DTV Pal predecessor." which does show support of your personal preference.
It was your choice to present the flawed Entone Amulet DVR aka CM7400 as better box, throw in mad a better device, TR-50.
Adding to the pile, I'm not posting in all related posts - that's your personal misrepresentation.
Last thing is - yes I could fix many of TR-50, can you do that ?

I have no such "expertise" on anything..... I've been reading your posts here since the original TR50 was released.
AND.... I acknowledge the fact that you're some kind of electronic/computer genius that's been able to repair the DTV Pals, whom everyone turns to when it comes to advice regarding them. What I do object to is your attitude,
in that this is a forum for sharing ideas, knowledge and opinions. To write such things as "false statements" is quite unnecessary. You should be more concerned about giving advice to newbies, which you've been reluctant to do.

You didn't emphasize that I wrote "it seems", which clearly states my opinion, not as "fact". I personally
prefer the DTV Pal over all my other recorders, but I'm sure as hell not going to buy or recommend a CM7000, when broken units have been all over Ebay for years.... not to mention how many CM7000s Antenna Logic was selling that they couldn't repair soon after they had been selling refurbished Channel Master clones. There had to be some minute difference between the two, as I don't recall Antenna Logic selling broken DTV Pals after they were discontinued.

And, NO, I cannot repair broken units as you do, and never presented myself as an "expert". I have the right to post my opinions and observations just like anyone else on this forum. Just as it's your right to disagree with what I wrote... but you post your comments in such an obnoxious manner, I have to object to this adolescent behavior. Grow up already !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2012 of 2014 Old 12-20-2015, 07:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
+1
post #2013 of 2014 Old 12-20-2015, 08:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 223
OK, we got our sides.
My posts shouldn't be treated so touchy, it wasn't my intention, perhaps I'm impatient to some words and opinions ...but your last phrase came too late. Or I should take it as a compliment to my age.
post #2014 of 2014 Old 12-20-2015, 12:56 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by P Smith View Post
OK, we got our sides.
My posts shouldn't be treated so touchy, it wasn't my intention, perhaps I'm impatient to some words and opinions ...but your last phrase came too late. Or I should take it as a compliment to my age.

I agree. We should just agree to..... disagree. Doubt if you're older than I am, a 67 year old cancer patient, who has basically lost patience with Internet abuse. Whenever I post anything here, it should be interpreted as simply one person's opinion.... never fact or expertise. I've
always deferred to your postings when it comes to the Echostar/Channel Master forums, and
in the past have suggested your name as one who can readily solve problems or provide assisstance with repairs. Maybe on ocassion, we both wake up on the wrong side of the bed...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page