Replace Cox HD-DVR box with Tivo? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 10-09-2011, 08:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Cox has recently changed the UI on their DVR for the worse. I can no longer review my future recording list. Looking for an alternate recorder but really don't know what my options are. Reading some of the posts informs me that to use Tivo I will need a Cablecard. I really don't know about this stuff and would appreciate a link that explains it. I'm in Rhode Island and am a captive Cox customer: satellite is no go because of blocked view to the southwest. Any help will be appreciated.
Fred
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-09-2011, 10:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredephriam View Post

Cox has recently changed the UI on their DVR for the worse. I can no longer review my future recording list. Looking for an alternate recorder but really don't know what my options are. Reading some of the posts informs me that to use Tivo I will need a Cablecard. I really don't know about this stuff and would appreciate a link that explains it. I'm in Rhode Island and am a captive Cox customer: satellite is no go because of blocked view to the southwest. Any help will be appreciated.
Fred

First, what DVR and software are you using that prohibits you from viewing your future recording list? I know of none.

As far as a CableCARD goes, yes you will need one for proper channel mapping and encrypted services reception.
post #3 of 4 Old 10-11-2011, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

The new Cox guide(Passport/ROVI) doesn't probit you from viewing future recordings. I think it's "List" button you have to hit(the one that brings you into the DVR recordings menu), while in the DVR recordings menu, and then scroll up to "Scheduled recordings" Yes it's not as easy as hitting the "B" button directly on the remote like before, but you can still view what is scheduled to record in the future.
post #4 of 4 Old 10-21-2011, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak3883 View Post

The new Cox guide(Passport/ROVI) doesn't probit you from viewing future recordings. I think it's "List" button you have to hit(the one that brings you into the DVR recordings menu), while in the DVR recordings menu, and then scroll up to "Scheduled recordings" Yes it's not as easy as hitting the "B" button directly on the remote like before, but you can still view what is scheduled to record in the future.

Yeah, it's still there (as described above). MUCH worse than before (not sure what they were thinking!), but it's there.
Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page