DirecTV Multi-Room Set-Up - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-09-2011, 10:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am trying to upgrade my DirecTV system to a multi-room set-up. I have two HD-DVRs (HR22-100) one in main viewing room and one in bedroom. I also have a basic HD DTV satellite receiver (H23-600) in the kitchen. I would like to set up for Whole Home DVR service from DirecTV.

Weaknees website says I need three DIRECTV DECA Adapters as well as a DIRECTV Band Stop Filter (BSF) ....because my equipment accessories are not green label.

One:
Is this correct??

Two:
Connecting all three devices to the receivers...as well as the BSF...is all thats needed to do?? Except of course calling DirecTV to activate the service.

Three:
Now the bedroom HD-DVR is also connected through a wireless router to my Apple wireless system in my home...how does that help or hurt the situation?

Four:
The Kitchen TV is connected to a basic HD receiver...when the system is up and running correctly...I will be able to view programs from my saved playlist...on this TV?????

Five:
Is there a instruction video I can watch???

If this has been covered before...I did not see it and apologize...but suffice to say...I need help....

...And lastly....

Five:
The new Whole Home DirecTV DVR....thats coming very soon...how does this help or hurt this set-up??

Thank you in advance....for all your excellent advice!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-09-2011, 12:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel-28 View Post

I am trying to upgrade my DirecTV system to a multi-room set-up. I have two HD-DVRs (HR22-100) one in main viewing room and one in bedroom. I also have a basic HD DTV satellite receiver (H23-600) in the kitchen. I would like to set up for Whole Home DVR service from DirecTV.

Weaknees website says I need three DIRECTV DECA Adapters as well as a DIRECTV Band Stop Filter (BSF) ....because my equipment accessories are not green label.

One:
Is this correct??

Two:
Connecting all three devices to the receivers...as well as the BSF...is all thats needed to do?? Except of course calling DirecTV to activate the service.

Three:
Now the bedroom HD-DVR is also connected through a wireless router to my Apple wireless system in my home...how does that help or hurt the situation?

Four:
The Kitchen TV is connected to a basic HD receiver...when the system is up and running correctly...I will be able to view programs from my saved playlist...on this TV?????

Five:
Is there a instruction video I can watch???

If this has been covered before...I did not see it and apologize...but suffice to say...I need help....

...And lastly....

Five:
The new Whole Home DirecTV DVR....thats coming very soon...how does this help or hurt this set-up??

Thank you in advance....for all your excellent advice!!!!

1. Yes, but maybe not complete. Do you have a SWM setup? You may need a 4th DECA to plug into your home network if you do not have a phone line connected to at least 1 receiver (maybe all 3, I am not sure as I didn't have a phone line).

2. You need to configure each device to see the others in the whole-home setup.

3. I assume it is connected via ethernet to the wireless router? If so, once you hook up the DECA, that will no longer be possible.

4. Yes.

5. Here is some useful info: http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=178068

5. The HR34 will have 5 tuners and be able to serve 4 total TVs. I am not sure how/if it is compatible with the old whole-home setup.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-09-2011, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the info....

Yes...I do have SWM set-up presently...

I would go through DirecTV directly...but if I do myself it comes out cheaper...

Plus the guy they farm it out to here in my area....well lets just say...their knowledge leaves a lot to be desired...and if they do not get it right...i kill another day waiting around...

That link is very informative!
Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page