Cisco RNG200N (comcast xfinity) 30 sec skip? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 12-18-2011, 01:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just got a cisco RNG200N from comcast. I would like to enable 30 second commercial skip functionality on the device (the comcast remote does not have this option). I believe my problem is I do not have the correct EFC (extended function code. I have been trying to follow instructions for motorola HD DVRs at the "motorola how to use dvr wiki"

The code for the comcast remote that controls my device is 01982, which is allegedly the same code for a motorola DCX series box. I can use this code to control the cable box with the aux button, but when I try to remap a button on the remote using the EFCs provided on the motorola dvr I get no response from the box. The EFC I tried for the commercial skip is 0173. The remote light blinks twice suggesting it accepts this code, but it doesn't function. I tried using a different code to a function that the remote already has like 0172 (page down) and while the the remote accepts the code, it does not affect the box. My hunch is I just don't have the EFCs for this box. Does anyone know where I could get one or how to figure it out? I have a couple universal remotes (a logitech harmony 300 and 600) I could use but I don't have any code to give them.

Thanks
-j
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2011, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy4cable View Post

I just got a cisco RNG200N from comcast. I would like to enable 30 second commercial skip functionality on the device (the comcast remote does not have this option). I believe my problem is I do not have the correct EFC (extended function code. I have been trying to follow instructions for motorola HD DVRs at the "motorola how to use dvr wiki"

The code for the comcast remote that controls my device is 01982, which is allegedly the same code for a motorola DCX series box. I can use this code to control the cable box with the aux button, but when I try to remap a button on the remote using the EFCs provided on the motorola dvr I get no response from the box. The EFC I tried for the commercial skip is 0173. The remote light blinks twice suggesting it accepts this code, but it doesn't function. I tried using a different code to a function that the remote already has like 0172 (page down) and while the the remote accepts the code, it does not affect the box. My hunch is I just don't have the EFCs for this box. Does anyone know where I could get one or how to figure it out? I have a couple universal remotes (a logitech harmony 300 and 600) I could use but I don't have any code to give them.

Thanks
-j

Having the same issue here! Let me know if you find a solution!

B
Old 01-17-2012, 08:36 PM

ME TOO! Old Comcast DVR died yesterday. New RNG200N today does not respond to old skip code! My TV suddenly seems so... shall we say... commercialized! My tech was not aware of a code for this box.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:48 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Had a Comcast Cisco DVR in Florida last year and the 30 skip would not work.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:24 PM

I'm wondering if anyone has come up with a solution to add the 30 sec skip to this dvr. Thanks.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:34 PM