Novice ques on PC to Tv viewing - - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-22-2012, 08:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I need help w/choice on how to play some discs that will Not play on my Panasonic dvd player. I could send signal to my tv using my pc, I have a rudementary idea how to do that. Or I bought a cheap Curtis dvd player that will play the discs and just have two dvd players.
My questions revolve around which choice would give me the best picture/sound quality.
Additional info: the discs were recorded on TDK dvd+R discs and it's an Analog tv show that was recorded legally, a tv show from the late 80's. Was recorded using a pro. dvt recorder. I do have a HDTv.

The friend I got the discs from said I could ALSO just put the discs on a Flash Drive, but again, I am wondering about which way to go. I am not very technical. My PC has a NVIDIA GeForce 8300 GS graphics card if that makes a difference. sigh. Hope this helps, appreciate your patience, I just want to play my discs! I wish they did play on my Pany, as it is pretty good quality.

My thanks ahead of time and please ask if I need to add more info. lol, I know it's wordy already.

the impossible happens everyday
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-22-2012, 09:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
"I'm guessing here" that your current Panasonic dvd player simply doesn't recognize the TDK dvd+R disk format.
If your PC has a DVD burner [don't most these days?], you should be able to copy the disk and burn it to another DVD-R disk [notice the + verses -] which would play in your Panasonic.

A.K.A. VOS
post #3 of 4 Old 01-22-2012, 10:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
VOS : thanks for the quick reply. Hadn't thought of that, I will def try. That's why these forums are super, people like myself can get the ideas and help. Not sure why my friend didn't suggest that, he's techie. Do you have a preference on the other "ways" I mentioned, as far as quality results?? Meanwhile, I will try your suggestion, thanks!

the impossible happens everyday
post #4 of 4 Old 01-22-2012, 10:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by debnova View Post

VOS : thanks for the quick reply. Hadn't thought of that, I will def try. That's why these forums are super, people like myself can get the ideas and help. Not sure why my friend didn't suggest that, he's techie. Do you have a preference on the other "ways" I mentioned, as far as quality results?? Meanwhile, I will try your suggestion, thanks!

If I understand what you meant by an old Analog TV show, by the time it was put on the disk, the quality was fixed, so it's an old SD recording that will pretty much look the same no matter what you do.

A.K.A. VOS
Reply HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page