Motorola DCX-3200 Firewire Capture - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-28-2012, 08:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everyone.

Just wanted to report that I'm successfully capturing/recording from two of these units via firewire. Using win7 32bit / xp 32bit, CapDVHS and the firestb drivers floating around on the net. It won't work with any 64bit os. No drivers available yet that I know of. Make sure you roll your win7 IEEE 1394 driver back to the legacy driver BEFORE you connect your stb to your PC, or else you will have to reboot everything before it will work. Other than that, really no tricks. Been working without a single hiccup for a few months now.

Lastly, I've been reading a lot of people saying you can't pass digital audio over a DVI to HDMI cable. This is false. I am doing it as I type. All that's required is an audio capable video card, and an HDTV with HDMI ports to connect to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-29-2012, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDelPaPa View Post

Hi everyone.

Just wanted to report that I'm successfully capturing/recording from two of these units via firewire. Using win7 32bit / xp 32bit, CapDVHS and the firestb drivers floating around on the net. It won't work with any 64bit os. No drivers available yet that I know of. Make sure you roll your win7 IEEE 1394 driver back to the legacy driver BEFORE you connect your stb to your PC, or else you will have to reboot everything before it will work. Other than that, really no tricks. Been working without a single hiccup for a few months now.

Lastly, I've been reading a lot of people saying you can't pass digital audio over a DVI to HDMI cable. This is false. I am doing it as I type. All that's required is an audio capable video card, and an HDTV with HDMI ports to connect to.

Not quite true. 64 bit OSX works fine with firewire devices. I use it every day and actually got an Apple Pro in order to be able to program with their Firewire AVC framework which allows you to talk to, control, emulate, stream (playback & record) together with other firewire consumer electronic devices on the network. Up until about 2 years ago I was strictly a Windows user, but now have both......
post #3 of 3 Old 01-23-2015, 03:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
DCX-3200 driver problems.

RedDelPaPa,

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit with PCI usb/firewire card with legacy driver. How did you install the firestd drivers? I have tried every combination but I can't get CAPVHS to capture anything. I got the drivers from ExDeus. I followed the instructions, but in my case I had to force install (by selecting them using the "let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer") the drivers with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders