Moome EXT-FULLHD V3 3D: Universal HDMI 1.4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 04-26-2012, 08:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Can anyone tell me if the Moome EXT-FULLHD V3 3D: Universal HDMI 1.4

HDMI to component/VGA converter will allow/pass thru/strip copy protection on a HDMI source? Eg do the same as HDfury?

I emailed who i thought was the maker but they could not give me an answer.

This whole HDCP thing is so confusing and i dont understand it.

If a product has in its specs that it is 'HDCP compliant' does this mean that it shuts down component out puts if CP is detected or does it mean it allows the HDCP singnals to pass through?

It is so confusing when some products say they are HDCP compliant and are not affected by copy protection, but then i also see some products saying they are HDCP compliant and therefore will not pass through signals that have copy protection as if it means if something is HDCp compliant it is conforming to the industry standard to not allow transfer of HDMI with HDCP to component.

So i am totally lost now and need a definitive answer. Do i need to find a device that is or is not HDCP compliant if i want to convert HDMI to component?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 04-27-2012, 04:59 AM

Liked: 11
You need a device that will decypher the 4 letters.

Top quality one is the latest HDfury4 (or 3Dfury), moome device will also do the work.
post #3 of 12 Old 04-27-2012, 03:34 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
Why not just get the HD fury 2 or 3 - unless you need 3d.
The 2 and 3 will do everything you want, trust me.
post #4 of 12 Old 04-27-2012, 03:35 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
Must be compliant to output over 480 over component.
post #5 of 12 Old 04-28-2012, 02:46 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah i am getting a HDfury3, i know they will work but thought i would also get a Moome if it will do the same thing which to me is unlcear.

Not sure about the Fury4 though as some have said that wont strip CP but the 3 and lower will.

Quote:

You need a device that will decypher the 4 letters.

By 4 letters do you mean H-D-C-P?

Anyone here use a Moome?

What does 'compliant' actually mean? Thats the bit i dont understand. Do i need a HDMI to component device to be 'compliant' if i want to bass through bluray or DVD or anything with CP protection?
post #6 of 12 Old 04-29-2012, 06:11 AM

Liked: 11
Any HDfury including latest HDfury4 will do what you need. Latest one comes with upgradable firmware so a 5sec operation can set you free anytime.

Compliant does not mean much basically it means a hdcp encrypted signal is accepted what is done with that signal is another story. That is why i told you to look for "decypher" which means descramble.
post #7 of 12 Old 04-29-2012, 12:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
AFAIK complient means that it will not accept HD HDMI content if it is capable of recording it or in passing it to another currently connected device that is not complient.
post #8 of 12 Old 05-01-2012, 04:39 AM - Thread Starter

Still a bit confusing. Not sure if i am game enought to looki it up on Wikapedia. Will probably be confused even more.

But basically what your saying is the Moome EXT can be considered the same as the HDfury and ViewHD devices?
post #9 of 12 Old 05-04-2012, 06:48 PM - Thread Starter

Well Moome got back to me and the answer was a little vague but it appears it WILL strip CP. I just got the answer 'It will do what you want it to do' Actually Curtpalm emailed me too and said the same thing. It seems everything is hush hush with this device and no ones to come and and say it straight up that it will strip CP. They just tell you 'It will do what you want it to do'
post #10 of 12 Old 05-04-2012, 10:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone82 View Post

Well Moome got back to me and the answer was a little vague but it appears it WILL strip CP. I just got the answer 'It will do what you want it to do' Actually Curtpalm emailed me too and said the same thing. It seems everything is hush hush with this device and no ones to come and and say it straight up that it will strip CP. They just tell you 'It will do what you want it to do'

Uh huh. And, when dealing with such activity, this vagueness surprises you how?

Obviously, if it didn't do what you asked, he'd tell you. Otherwise he's just gonna have to refund it or deal with your credit card company reversing the charge.
post #11 of 12 Old 05-05-2012, 07:38 PM - Thread Starter

I dont know why it was hard to get a simple easy answer but i got one in the end so thats good. To be honest, i very rarely return things. If i am not happy it usually will sit there doing nothing and i would feel sorry for myself. I am really surprised at the modern culture of returning things a lot of the time because buyers dont read the manual to work out how to use the product, especially electronics things on here. Might be a US thing i dont know. Usually its far too much of an inconvienience for me to retun things anyway but i rarely need to anyway as i do a lot of research on products BEFORE i buy so i know that its going to be right for me.
post #12 of 12 Old 05-06-2012, 09:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Yeah, maybe it's more of a US thing. Back in the HD DVD Vs. Blu-ray days, I would routinely buy open box returns from Best Buy and I never once got a defective unit. I find that most electronics returns are not because of defects, but rather because the person changed their mind.
Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page