ePVision PHD-VRX & VRX2 Owners Thread - Page 15 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
First ... 13  14  15 16  17  ... Last
HDTV Recorders > ePVision PHD-VRX & VRX2 Owners Thread
DB100's Avatar DB100 02:31 PM 07-03-2012
Hardware question:
What is the difference between a BestBuy external HDD and an internal drive in a case with a usb connection, that's being used as an external drive?

morc258's Avatar morc258 03:56 PM 07-03-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuFootballTim View Post

HaHa! That pretty much sums it up.
Brother I almost fell out of my chair laughing at that one.
videobruce, please tell me you at least got a chuckle out of that. biggrin.gif
HDTV1080P24's Avatar HDTV1080P24 10:46 PM 07-03-2012
System Information screen in the PHD-VRX gives incorrect information and needs a firmware update

The “System Info” menu option (System Information) screen only gives accurate information for the incoming Audio/Video Stream but the “Video Output Info” data in the PHD-VRX is not working at all and is stuck at 1920 X 1080P at 60Hz even when the PHD-VRX is outputting a 720P signal. For example when the “V-MODE” on the PHD-VRX remote is toggled to 720P output, my 1080P Pioneer PRO-101FD monitor correctly detects the incoming HDMI signal is 720P but the PHD-VRX System Information screen always says the HDMI output is 1920 X 1080 resolution with a video scan rate of 60HZ.

A firmware update is needed so that the System Information screen displays the HDMI output resolution correctly. Also it appears the PHD-VRX is upconverting everything to 60Hz including native 1080P/24 material with no 24Hz menu option. When VUDU is offered in the future on the PHD-VRX there hopefully will be a menu option to offer 24fps for 720P and 1080P. When I feed a native 1080p/24 signal from an OPPO BDP-93 Blu-ray player into the PHD-VRX HDMI input the PHD-VRX incoming Audio/Video information screen correctly reported the signal was 1920 X 1080 progressive with 23.97fps. But the “Video Output Info” screen claims the output is 1920 X 1080 at 60Hz. There should be an option in the PHD-VRX that allows it to output native 24Hz (23.97fps) on both 720P and 1080P signal sources that are native 24Hz. When VUDU is offered in the future the 24P feature will be important.
HDTV1080P24's Avatar HDTV1080P24 11:06 PM 07-03-2012
I received the following email from EpVision just a few minutes ago:
“Thank you for your email today and yesterday. We will internally discuss your suggestions and get back to you shortly for the reply of your emails. Thanks.

Sales Team
ePVision.com”

The following was one of my emails

Hello,
Here are some ideas to improve the PHD-VRX clock so that it will always restore the exact time after a power outage:
There is ways to make the PHD-VRX know when it has lost time after the initial setup has occurred by changing the programming code.
The PHD-VRX remembers the channel database settings, time zone settings, and many other features during and after a power outage. Items like the front panel lock settings and time are lost during a power outage or when the “Master power switch” on the front is pushed.

The PHD-VRX firmware already knows if the unit has never been setup before or when a factory reset occurs by bringing up a special menu that asks the consumer to enter language information, time zone info, etc. A programmer could make firmware that tells the PHD-VRX to check to see if the initial setup has been performed when the box is booting up for the first time (or after a factory reset of all menu options). Basically for first time users the PHD-VRX would just do a complete boot up after the master power button is pushed and then disable the auto time set feature when it sees the initial setup screen has not been setup yet.

Also the PHD-VRX with a firmware update would be able to detect when a power outage occurred by having the PHD-VRX create a special internal standby code set to “1” when the clock has been automatically set by a digital channel or Internet. When the PHD-VRX losses power and enters standby mode it would check to see if the “1” code is set to “1”. If it is set to “1” then the PHD-VRX would remain in standby mode. If it was set to “0” then PHD-VRX firmware would just turn itself on and grab the time and then shut itself off. Every time the box loses power the standbye code would be set to "0".

Also after the box turns itself on to grab the time before turning itself off there should be a 30 second delay with a message box that says. "Auto time set has been performed and box will be powered off unless cancel is pressed within 30 seconds."
WS65711's Avatar WS65711 05:09 AM 07-04-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTV1080P24 View Post

System Information screen in the PHD-VRX gives incorrect information and needs a firmware update

The “System Info” menu option (System Information) screen only gives accurate information for the incoming Audio/Video Stream but the “Video Output Info” data in the PHD-VRX is not working at all and is stuck at 1920 X 1080P at 60Hz even when the PHD-VRX is outputting a 720P signal. For example when the “V-MODE” on the PHD-VRX remote is toggled to 720P output, my 1080P Pioneer PRO-101FD monitor correctly detects the incoming HDMI signal is 720P but the PHD-VRX System Information screen always says the HDMI output is 1920 X 1080 resolution with a video scan rate of 60HZ.

A firmware update is needed so that the System Information screen displays the HDMI output resolution correctly. Also it appears the PHD-VRX is upconverting everything to 60Hz including native 1080P/24 material with no 24Hz menu option. When VUDU is offered in the future on the PHD-VRX there hopefully will be a menu option to offer 24fps for 720P and 1080P. When I feed a native 1080p/24 signal from an OPPO BDP-93 Blu-ray player into the PHD-VRX HDMI input the PHD-VRX incoming Audio/Video information screen correctly reported the signal was 1920 X 1080 progressive with 23.97fps. But the “Video Output Info” screen claims the output is 1920 X 1080 at 60Hz. There should be an option in the PHD-VRX that allows it to output native 24Hz (23.97fps) on both 720P and 1080P signal sources that are native 24Hz. When VUDU is offered in the future the 24P feature will be important.

videobruce's Avatar videobruce 06:21 AM 07-04-2012
Quote:
What is the difference between a BestBuy external HDD and an internal drive in a case with a usb connection, that's being used as an external drive?
Absolutely nothing!
Just another deceiving marketing ploy to confuse the consumer just as the misleading and incorrect term "LED TV's" is.

I addressed this in post 5;
Quote:
There are two ways to purchase what you will need. Either separates, which I prefer, since you control both choices, independent of each other (just as building your own PC). No 'packaged' deal with inferior, cheaper components.
OR,
what is now termed "external hard drives" which is incorrect and misleading. Why? Simply, the hard drive itself in just that. Not internal, not external. The enclosure determines this. The proper term should be "externally enclosed hard drive".
Also, be aware, some of these, 'all in one' so called "external hard drives", the drive itself is not removable. If the drive dies, the case is toast also. Not something I would want.

videobruce's Avatar videobruce 06:30 AM 07-04-2012
Quote:
We will internally discuss your suggestions and get back to you shortly for the reply of your emails.
Do you have any idea how many times I have read that along with "we are looking into this"?

PS; apparently WS65711 still can't read your C&P text. wink.gif

morc258;
I missed that. Still not as good as the "I want to believe" poster. wink.gif
WS65711's Avatar WS65711 06:54 AM 07-04-2012
I just don’t understand why he continues to use black text, when he is certainly aware by now that a number of forum members use the “Dark” skin and cannot read his posts without taking extra steps.
videobruce's Avatar videobruce 07:13 AM 07-04-2012
I took a look at some old correspondence I have sent to them and wanted to quote some specific statements that were made. The following was from my "2nd" version of the problems/issues/suggestions list .
Many of what has been brought up by others here was in my original list to them, so many of these issues that HDTV1080p and others recently discovered, I already made them aware of almost three months ago.
Some of the entries might not make sense, since six or seven of these items were actually corrected leading me to believe more were on the way,
Quote:
After spending hours with this DVR I have to say, this is no way ready for release. There are just too many issues & problems that apparently haven't been thought out properly. I will venture to guess at many of these would come back to you mostly due to the Guide, or lack of.
There are so many 'issues' I really don't know where to begin.
Quote:
Hardware issues;
1. I see absolutely no reason why provision wasn't allowed for an internal 2.5" HDD. There is plenty of room. A simple set of brackets attached to the floor of the chassis with a short USB jumper and the addition of a small 1.5" fan to handle the HDD would be all that is needed. How much would that add to the cost?? A couple of dollars? Somebody is cutting pennies where they shouldn't be.
If a third USB port isn't available without adding additional circuity, move one from the rear panel to inside.
2. There is no reason for the mechanical power switch, especially on the front panel. I realize your tuners have this, but since this needs power 24/7, why is it there? The cost saving should be passed to supplying brackets and a fan for a internal HDD.
3. The standby function has a problem, since placing this in standby stops any recordings in progress. I tried scheduling a recording, then placed it in standby. It booted the unit up, but it just sat in the "boot" mode, nothing more. Are you aware of this?
4. No 'Exit' button on the front panel.
5. The GoTo button needs to be renamed to 'Return' and swapped with the 'Guide' button. This leads to huge confusion as evident by the separate card placed in the box mentioning this GoTo button. Other than the fact the term "GoTo' is totally incorrect, placement is also an issue since it should be around the navigation keys as with most remotes.
6. 'Info' & 'Quick' buttons need to be swapped.
7. I see no need for a 'Sleep' function. Replace it with direct access to the Recorded list.
8. I would like to see a component out added back in. Obviously, it was intended to be there, but decided that it wasn't necessary, again for cost cutting.
9. I now realize that the analog tuner is 'RF1'. It would be nice if the term 'Analog' was added to the label associated with RF1 on the cabinet itself.
10. I don't see a need for the clock display when in standby and you also need a different LED color for standby since you are using that for record. At least provide the ability to turn it off.
11. There also should be a 2nd LED to indicate both tuners are recording as it isn't apparent. This would prevent one from trying to start a third, forgetting two were in progress.
Quote:
Firmware issues;
1. The number one problem with this is the lack of integration between the two tuners. Both are treated as separate devices with no continues access to either. The channel list and Guide should be able to access all channels in both tuners without switching back and forth.
2. Continuing from the above, there should be only one Guide showing all channels, Air and Cable. If it is expected for the user to scan one Guide, then repeat the entire process by scanning the other Guide for the 2nd tuner, I can't imaging anyone putting up with that.
3. Further, regarding the Guide, there is no overall 'Grid' that shows all the stations available with names of the programs for one to get a overview of what's on without looking at one channel at a time. This is tiresome to look at one station at a time. It's just not practical or reasonable to expect anyone to do this. There must be some way around patents regarding this problem.
4. It appears that the PSIP data doesn't always get remembered for each station that supplies it. If you jump from one channel to the next in the Guide then back again, many times the info isn't there right away. Instead, the Guide exits, the Info screen pops up and you have to go back into the Guide again. It's hard to really properly describe these issues, other than they are apparent 'glitches'.
5. If you are recording a station and try to use the Guide, you can't look at any other channel without stopping the recording. A firmware change has to be made so the preview window stays locked on the channel being recorded and there is freedom to view other stations data assuming it is available.
6. If you stop playback of a recording there is no provision to save where you were. Who wants to scan through half or more of a two hour program trying to remember were they left off.
7. The is no skip forward or skip back. That is about as bad as not having reverse in a vehicle. No one wants to use the FF to skip commercials. This feature/function should replace the next/previous functions on the remote with the ability to change the period (15, 30, 60, 120 seconds either way). The FF just isn't acceptable.
8. Audio level & mute have no effect on analog out. I haven't tried optical yet. Is this by design and why?
9. Color temperature, Game & Cinema Modes have no effect.
10. Changing the aspect setting isn't remembered when you change channels. The default setting of 'Full Screen' gives you too much overscan. 'Normal' is the only true setting. Also, 'Full Screen' & 'Direct' appear to be the same at 1080p.
11. No 1080i. It's a problem with older TV's that only have 1080i.
12. Sometimes, menus time out too quickly. A additional setting with a choice of times would be nice.
13. Tuner labels do not include "Air". Also, why is a choice of "Amplifier"?
14. Under Channel List, 'Clear' should be labeled 'Skip' since it check marks channels that the user wants 'skipped'. This is confusing to use the term 'Clear'.
15. The ''Quick' function has picture controls available while in Media, but not elsewhere.
16. No direct access to the recordings list. Unable to play back from the Recording List in the Main Menu where one would think it would be available. It took me an hour to figure this out just how to play back a recording. The 'Media' function should be for other media, not what was recorded here. I'm sure you will debate this, it's just wasn't what an experienced DVR person would expect.
17. When in Media Player, hitting 'Exit' should not switch to tuner.
18. Under picture settings, when you scroll down past hue, it jumps to 'reset', then back to 'Hue' and 'Color temp.'
20. Under the tuner functions, "Tuner ALL" doesn't seem to hold. I change it to "All", but the next time I go into that screen, it's back to the default (forgot the name used).
21. In Media Player, the list is alphabetical order only. It's more convenient to have it by when if was recorded instead, or at least a choice.
22. There are two confirmations to record a program. There is no need for even one. Please remove this.
23. Sometimes the image in the Guides preview window doesn't change when you scroll to another station. I can't find any pattern here. Glitch?
24. In the Main Menu, those Icons are too hard to read. I can't tell what is what until I scroll to that Icon and text appears. Please drop the Icons and replace with clear text. I know it has been a trend that was forced upon us to replace a single language text, but it is a inconvenience.
25. Those custom picture settings, namely 'brightness', do not take affect when you change screens/modes. Example; Going into the media tab, selecting a recording, then playing it back, the adjustment I previously made did not take. When I going into that screen, then press the brightness right (or left) navigation button, the adjustment takes. The setting change is there, but it doesn't show in the actual image until I try to change it. This is only the brightness as the video into this monitor I'm using id very dark. I haven't tired it on another TV yet. Glitch.
26. "Picture" button on remote has no effect. If this is suppose to be a one button access to the 'picture' controls it doesn't respond.
27. In Media, the term "Movie" is improper and just incorrect. Please rename it is "Recordings" as these can be anything other than just "movies", namely news, talk shows, documentaries etc.
28. In Media Player, I feel the exit should take you the the Main Menu instead of exiting to the tuner(s).
29. When formatting the HDD, it would be nice if some counter, timer, or some indication of the time factor would show. I realize it can't predict any end time, but something to let one know at least how it's been since the operation was started.
31. That multi digit number at the end of the file name of a recording is almost impossible to read. Too many unnecessary digits.
32. In the recorded file name, what is the "1" or "2" that I see directly after the channel number?
33. When you have a recording in progress, when I go into media Player and start playback, it only seems to allow viewing for a few minutes. Then it stops even though the recording is still in progress. What's wrong?

videobruce's Avatar videobruce 07:41 AM 07-04-2012
More specifically, a e-mail regarding formatting hard drives. Initially I only had the larger 3.5" 1TB drive. Realize, when I did try their utility, the drive was already formatted to NTFS;
Quote:
Comments and observations;
I purchased a Samsung/Seagate 1TB 7200RPM SATA drive and a Rosewill enclosure, formatted NTFS (purposely) from my PC to see how it operates.
It appears you were correct, recording one program doesn't seems to cause issues, but recording two programs does. Terrible breakup from what I have seen so far. I only made random recordings, but will take a closer look later. I have a 2nd drive coming, a 2.5" enclosure & HDD with only a USB port. I will at first format it again NTFS to see if this drive has the same problems as the 3.5". Due to the time it takes to format a 1TB drive (2.5 hours) which was a reason I didn't buy a 2TB. I didn't want to re-format that drive EXT2 just yet.

I have read that there are drives specifically for DVR's. Have you tested any of those and if so, do they make a difference? I believe spin speed makes no difference and larger cache's are a negative. Any input here?
Is it possible for you to send me one of the HDD's that you have tried to see how it would compare with what I have? I don't know if I made the proper choice with his Seagate/Samsung 1TB drive. I won't have the Toshiba 2.5" HDD until next week to test. Neither are 'Media' drives, so I'm questing the lack of performance.

I have made a number of recording tests and there is no way as it stands that dual recording can be made. Either it's the NTFS formatting, the HDD itself, the enclosure I have (USB2) or a combination of all three. As I type this I am re-formatting the drive to EXT2 and will try that.
What I have found, during payback, it doesn't matter if one or both tuners are recording. It doesn't appear to affect playback, much to my surprise. Why is this? I would expect the opposite comparing how much it affects recording.
Three weeks later, I asked these specific questions;
Quote:
USB format still does not work. Attached drive goes to sleep when formatting, there is no interaction with the drive at all. You have not specified exactly what model drives you used. You also have not specified if these are packaged external hard drives or separate drives and enclosures. I use separate drives and enclosures since I want to pick the two separately. No different than buying a ready made PC vs building one myself. I don't see why this would matter, but I need answers to this issue!
And on the subject of "misleading others", this was mentioned in the same e-mail, the 2nd week of May, giving plenty of time to bring to my attention that 'buried' location of the un-grayed out manual recording option;
Quote:
For manual recording, the ability to start and stop the recording early no matter if there is Guide data or not. Many times a program can start early or end early, or one might just want to start it at a different time.

I'm very disappointed. frown.gif

BTW, the DVR & drive is being shipped back.
morc258's Avatar morc258 10:38 AM 07-04-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post

I'm very disappointed. frown.gif
BTW, the DVR & drive is being shipped back.

Is your relationship with ePVision beyond repair at this point?
I'm not sure I could have been as collected as you, had I been in your situation.
Will you be able to recognize the main board in the PHD-VRX that they return to you to verify it is the same one? By chance, did you record the MAC address of ethernet port that was on it? The whole HDD malfunction thing is really fishy and if there was a hardware problem on the VRX end, you might get the same box with different board in it.
I think everybody who reads this thread regularly has a gut feeling about their claims of you causing the formatting issues. Especially when you add to the fact you could not get a totally different HDD to successfully format either.

I am still just floored by the unprofessional response in the email they sent to you. Manufacturers and representatives should be cognisant of the fact that what they say, and how they say it can have a profound impact on public perception when it is being discussed in a social media format.
videobruce's Avatar videobruce 12:02 PM 07-04-2012
Quote:
AFAIC, yes unless some written apology is produced.
Quote:
By chance, did you record the MAC address of ethernet port that was on it?
Look at the 1st pic in post 5. wink.gif
videobruce's Avatar videobruce 12:21 PM 07-04-2012
Amazing what can be found, or in this case not found by doing a search. Take a look at these links;

Companies ToS (FWIW);
http://www.epvision.com/epVcontact/termsofsale.htm

Credibility review (D&B);
https://www.dandb.com/businessdirectory/startdateepboarddesign-anaheim-ca-17052426.html

Connections with Champion Drywall (D&B);
http://www.corporationwiki.com/California/Anaheim/start-date-epboard-design/56272165.aspx
Quote:
Allen Chang is associated with Champion Drywall with the role of Principal. and is located in Anaheim, CA.

Trademark registration (note only one name listed);
http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?regser=serial&entry=77231030

Clicking at the top of the page "Trademark Document Retrieval" and choosing the last (oldest) document produces this;
http://tdr.uspto.gov/search.action?sn=77231030#

On page 12 this appears;
Quote:
Signature: /allen chang/ Date Signed: 07/17/2007
Signatory's Name: Allen Chang
Signatory's Position: President

DB100's Avatar DB100 12:21 PM 07-04-2012
I had reported the low audio level of this device to epVision. I described my test where I moved back and forth between my TVIX and the PHD with each device on the same TV channel, and to get the volumes to match I had to lower the TVIX to 50%. HDTV1080P24 has reported the problem is with the way they implement the HDMI audio. I received one response from epVision and they wanted to blame the harddrive. Was if formatted ext2 (Yes), could you try the 2nd usb port (ok, no change), could you try a 2nd hdd (no thanks).

So, I see no resolution coming from them.

Which is the more likely suspect - the HDMI port or the HDD?? I'm not a hardware guy, but I'll vote HDMI just because that seems more logical.
WS65711's Avatar WS65711 01:44 PM 07-04-2012
Quote:

Quote:
AFAIC, yes unless some written apology is produced.
Quote:
By chance, did you record the MAC address of ethernet port that was on it?
Look at the 1st pic in post 5. wink.gif

And the serial numbers on the tuners (pointed out by an earlier poster) should help to identify any switcheroo also . . . wink.gif
HDTV1080P24's Avatar HDTV1080P24 01:49 PM 07-04-2012
This is a minor issue that should be fixed with a firmware update

After leaving the PHD-VRX on for several hours (around 12 hours or so), the PHD-VRX 6-Digit LED display instead of showing the channel one is on says “no ch” even on a channel that has a strong signal. This has happen to me a few times. The “no ch” on the LED display should only show up when one loses the signal to a channel, etc. Even if I was losing the channel signal sometime during that 12 hour period which I do not believe I am, the PHD-VRX should refresh the “no ch” display to say the real channel number. It’s been happing more and more after 12 hours or so and it keeps saying “no ch” even on channels that are coming in nice and strong. Of course if one flips to a different channel then the PHD-VRX will correct itself and display the channel number that one flips too. This issue is only effecting the LED display and the channel still is on the screen when turning on the display.
tylerSC's Avatar tylerSC 07:07 PM 07-04-2012
The main thing I don't like about this box is that you can't channel surf very quickly, as the Channel Up/Down buttons stop on each channel rather than going on up to the desired channel you are going to. And it is very slow to change channels period. Very aggravating. Wish there was some way they could correct this.
smintn's Avatar smintn 07:18 PM 07-04-2012
Thanks, all the posts so far have convinced me not to purchase one of these.......thank you to each and everyone that has posted the great wealth of info on this unit.

You have convinced me in the fact that no one in the market place can get a good dvr out to the public.

The cm7000pal was getting there but they just quit making them frown.gif Yeh I know TiVo blah blah blah but I do not want a fee.

Why don't we get together with these dvrs and take all the good functions and come up with our own frankenstein dvr smile.gif it would probably work well
GilesLevy's Avatar GilesLevy 08:08 PM 07-04-2012
I was hoping that somebody would have some thoughts on an issue I'm having. I'm not a very good beta tester so I was wrong about the cause of my previous issue (and so I'm open to the possibility that I'm doing something silly):

While in media player/video the DVR wasn't recording even though it would show it as recording and it would show the correct length of time (once I exited media player and went back in).
I thought that it was my hard drive because my flash drive seemed to work fine, but it turned out to be independent of type of drive.
It turns out that this behavior happens with recordings from Tuner 1 but never for recordings from Tuner 2.

Something nice that I noticed (unrelated to above issue): during regular playback, I noticed that fast forward/fast backward goes from 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x, and 32x with each button push, but one more push goes to 64x (but doesn't show the speed).
DB100's Avatar DB100 08:37 PM 07-04-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post

The main thing I don't like about this box is that you can't channel surf very quickly, as the Channel Up/Down buttons stop on each channel rather than going on up to the desired channel you are going to. And it is very slow to change channels period. Very aggravating. Wish there was some way they could correct this.

Try using the Fav button. I posted earlier describing how to set it up.
DB100's Avatar DB100 04:57 AM 07-05-2012
Another minor bug: When in the list of recordings, it shows the file size. On my TVIX I use file size to find 30 min recordings that have been named with the date/channel. The file size in the PHD does not update as you scroll down the list. You actually have to select an item to update the file size, making it useless.
DB100's Avatar DB100 05:11 AM 07-05-2012
I went into my Harmony account and set up a device for the PHD. Their database had nothing for ePVision so I had to "teach" my harmony remote every key. If I were producing a new DVR product, one of the items on todo list would be to get the product's remote registered into the Harmony database.

I didn't like their remote. The buttons were small and words like "Quick" were unreadable in low light conditions. It feels so good to get my Harmony working. I t gives me the same warm, fuzzy feeling I get when opening a brand new package of Jockey underwear!
DB100's Avatar DB100 08:22 AM 07-05-2012
When manually setting up 2 recordings with the same stop-start times (7-8,8-9), if the channels are different, it's ok. If the same, it says there is overlap and won't let you do it.
DB100's Avatar DB100 08:33 AM 07-05-2012
In regards to the whole "nasty letter" fiasco between VidoBruce and Allen:

I'm a retired database programmer. When I was working, I always felt a good beta-tester was worth their weight in gold. As the programmer, I just didn't have time to thoroughly test my code. So I would go out of my way to establish a good working relationship with the better testers. I wanted them to find any bugs BEFORE the users did. So I found Allen's letter really weird because it was so against his best interests.
JoeKustra's Avatar JoeKustra 08:58 AM 07-05-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB100 View Post

In regards to the whole "nasty letter" fiasco between VidoBruce and Allen:
I'm a retired database programmer. When I was working, I always felt a good beta-tester was worth their weight in gold. As the programmer, I just didn't have time to thoroughly test my code. So I would go out of my way to establish a good working relationship with the better testers. I wanted them to find any bugs BEFORE the users did. So I found Allen's letter really weird because it was so against his best interests.

The "best interest" of any company is to make a profit. I find it curious the other ePVision products are sold by Amazon and Walmart, but not this one.

I knew when there was a post by videobruce that the release was "delayed" to work on the EPG that we were in trouble. The PSIP in this country is spotty at best. I don't have any, yet manage to record a lot of programs. Promise of a pay guide will be nice for those with a PSIP, but no cable card makes the pay EPG limited. I can't figure out where this product will be by the end of the year. Have you read the reviews on the ePVision web site? [joke]
morc258's Avatar morc258 09:13 AM 07-05-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post

The "best interest" of any company is to make a profit.

Lets just see how conducive it is for profits to chastise a beta tester who is for the most part, working for free. rolleyes.gif
videobruce's Avatar videobruce 09:51 AM 07-05-2012
I'm wondering if he needs some dry wall testers?? wink.gif
rockisdead's Avatar rockisdead 09:53 AM 07-05-2012
Is HDHomerun Dual a better replacement for this disappointed product?
morc258's Avatar morc258 09:56 AM 07-05-2012
Quote:

I'm wondering if he needs some dry wall testers?? wink.gif

Drywall testers are notorious for mounting panels unevenly and causing the screws to back out due to unbalanced high spinning studs in the wall. biggrin.gif
videobruce's Avatar videobruce 10:03 AM 07-05-2012
Ans they also fail to use enough tape to cover the entire surface. eek.gif

I'm surprised no one has commented on the apparent fact there are only five reported employees and him being president.

Tags: Epvision Phd Vrx
First ... 13  14  15 16  17  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop