After using this device for a while now, the most important problems to me are:
1. Scheduled recordings do not occur. I restart the device, constantly schedule, delete, reschedule programs to be recorded, all in the hope of getting this DVR to work, but it doesn't. I can understand missed recordings if you are on antenna and have a weak signal, but I'm on cable.
2. Can't schedule programs because the device sees "overlap" issues where none exist. A typical scenario is where I have 2 Daily type recordings scheduled and I try to schedule a new recording, but it won't let me because there is an overlap with one of the Dailys. If I delete the offending Daily, it continues to prevent a new scheduled recording. If I delete the 2nd Daily, then it will let me schedule a new recording, even tho there is no overlap with the 2nd Daily. It looks like if one Daily overlaps, then you must delete ALL Dailys to actually clear the problem.
3. Low audio. I've gotten around this by using my stereo for audio. If you don't have an external way to amplify the audio, you will be disappointed.
4. There is no "Resume" option to return to where you left off, when viewing a recording.
5. There is no "Weekly" option when scheduling a recording.
I agree with all the other interface issues already mentioned , but the above are critical for me. Since the top two aren't on any of the "issues lists" I've seen, I'll submit them to ePVision myself.