1. Already noted in laundry list,
2. Why? How many clocks do you need?
3. Typical for a DVR,
4. You shouldn't have to use it. Unlike analog, where chroma phase (the correct term) did vary, ATSC/QAM for the most part doesn't,
5. See #1, nothing will be done about it, see previous posts in the thread,
6. This records as is, it doesn't change anything. You need to change the aspect setting, or some issue with your TV. Try another TV ans see if the issue is still there,
7. I believe that is already noted, but I never have "timeshifted" except with a scheduled recording that was already setup. If it is longer than 60 minutes, schedule the program in advance (assuming you can),
8. You really need to look that up. It's a standard term used for television and also for lighting. As already noted in the thread, it has little effect.
Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way. If you like Wi-Fi so much, OTA fits right in. After all, it is wireless.