Default settings for the tuner are not usable, took forever to experiment with settings that would produce an acceptable picture.
Are you referring to the 'dark' video issue I referred to?
The recordings did not play back well, lots of artifacts and pixelizing. I was using a large NTFS external drive that is very full
Was this by doing single recordings (one tuner at a time) or both tuners?
What I wanted to do was use the VRX box as an extender for WMC.
"Extender" to access files on your PC as in a 'Thin Client'?
There is one built-in steaming connection available, the "net" button takes you to YouTube, but there is not a way to access any other site
As already stated. It was only designed for just U Boob. VuDo isn't available yet. Did you actually use the search feature and your take on it?
Since I don't have and never will, a "XBox", what/where does this come into this equation especially with this EPSN3 deal??
Ok, since we have at least two owners (other than myself), would you and anyone else be so kind to confirm or deny the following;
1. Formating a HDD to ext2 using the internal utility. Yes or no?
If so, details; what drive, what interface, USB to IDE or SATA?
2. Dark video from the DVR. tvoldtimer seemed to confirm this, thought it wasn't clear,
3. Behavior of the Guide when changing channels and consistency of the data from each station. How far out (hours or days) and does it matter what time of day when you view the schedule?
4. Opinion of the hard to decipher Icons in the menu vs plain text and/or the menu arrangement overall.
5. False contouring of 'dark' network filmed series. (Fringe, Castle, CSI, CSI NY, etc.) Please, no so called 'reality' shows
. State TV type (DLP, LCD, Plasma, PC monitor) used.
6. Confirm the HDD does indeed spin down with the latest firmware when not recording and after it's been on for a couple minutes. Also what interface (enclosure) used.
7. Firmware version (latest is VRX.242.18.10)