AVS Forum Addicted Member
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Buffalo NY
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 602 Post(s)
As Dave stated, try re-loading the firmware again but,
1. Get another copy from their website in case of the 1st being corrupted,
2. Reformat your USB stick to FAT32,
3. Unpack that file to a separate folder,
4. Then C&P those unpacked files to that USB drive,
5. Follow their upgrade instructions (I assume you have the separate instruction sheet). You don't need to unplug the unit, just use the mechanical power switch, but be sure you leave it off for 20 or so seconds.
6. Instead of doing a full scan, as stated in post 7, just enter a few of your OTA physical channel numbers first and see what happens.
7. Even though you tried before, leave your Ethernet connection off. Don't setup anything but a few channels.
8. Set the time manually, not by any TV station.
Where is this located and what other equipment is near the unit?
Are other devices in use that use remote control to function that the VRX would 'see' the IR signal from that remote?
What/when does this happen? Recording, playback, both, or just with the VRX on and no user input?
Free, abundant OTA television separates this country from many others. ATSC1 has only been in force since 2009. The wireless industry has enough spectrum. Enough of 'planned obsolesce'.