Location: Randolph, NJ, 725' above sea level, 30 miles west of ESB
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayu View Post
Thank you both:
Well it worked, did the whole dog and pony show B.S thing with it and it's clear now. Would have introduced it to my 12 gauge long ago if it wasn't for your help.

EPvision does not responded to problems, so I guess Allen has given up on this half baked piece of crap for supporting the PHD-VRX 2 (the other more three quarters baked piece of....)

I guess it's sorry if you have the old one, shet out of luck. Should have waited till we had a better one. But thanks for your money.

Oh well!

Giving it the 12 gauge treatment would be too kind! I sold mine many months ago after owning it for a few months and deciding I would either find someone like a VideoBruce who would see some good in this DVR and buy it from me or I would incinerate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2312 of 2316 Old 08-27-2014, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 131
It is a great tuner, though it is a little slow in channel changing. It does work as a DVR if you don't overtax it.

At least you don't have to pay $15 a month to use it.

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
post #2313 of 2316 Old 08-27-2014, 02:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post
At least you don't have to pay $15 a month to use it.
Using the word "use" loosely, as that would imply the VRX has actual useful functionality. It's more like, "At least you don't have to pay $15 a month to endure the VRX experience."
post #2314 of 2316 Old 08-29-2014, 04:13 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Just one time and record two at one time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
Using the word "use" loosely, as that would imply the VRX has actual useful functionality. It's more like, "At least you don't have to pay $15 a month to endure the VRX experience."
post #2315 of 2316 Old 08-30-2014, 01:46 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Prime HD PHD-VRX2 recorder

Hi;

There seems to be a lot of info here about my PHD-VRX2 HD recorder. I have one of these recorders hooked up in my bedroom and would like to view the recording in my living room. I also have a Roku XR box in the bedroom next to the recorder, in the living room, I have a WDTV media server. Can I connect a cable (USB, HDMI) between the two media servers or between the recorder and the WDTV media server (USB) and watch my recorded programs in the living room? Any ideas of how I can do this, the cable would have to be about 65 feet long, would I need some type of line booster? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
post #2316 of 2316 Old 08-30-2014, 03:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 159
That's a little too long for either USB or HDMI, and I think the PHD-VRX2 only uses USB to connect a HDD anyway.

There are HDMI extenders that let you send HDMI over Ethernet cabling. Just go to Amazon or eBay and search for HDMI extenders. But I think it has to be dedicated Ethernet cable, not part of an in-home network. You'll probably also want some kind of remote extender so you can operate your PHD-VRX2 from the living room.
Reply HDTV Recorders

Tags
Epvision Phd Vrx

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page