ePVision PHD-VRX & VRX2 Owners Thread - Page 83 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #2461 of 2461 Unread Today, 10:33 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 23
kb9nvh: I don't know what DNLA is... Wikipedia only offers "Danish National Library Authority."

But there is a menu item on the PHD-VRX (or 2) SETTINGS>DATE AND TIME screen that lets you turn on/off setting time from PIPS data - the free broadcast scheduling info of dubious quality and limited length. That will pick up time from any broadcast carrying valid PIPS schedule data. Turning it off lets you use other sources, which I don't have and haven't explored. I prefer to set time manually (1) because I avoid DST/ST errors, and (2) because I like to set the time 15 seconds early to allow for the 15-second delay before switching channels to start a programmed recording.

I discussed cleaning up files and failed recordings earlier - it's post #2349 as of today, though that may change.

Yesterday, during some rather nasty weather, I experienced two instances of Purple Screen of Death (Some might call it pink) during programmed recordings.

In both cases, the recording was interrupted and I had to go to standby (not power off) and back. In both cases, the recordings re-started automatically when the next minute changed, and in both cases only the second part of the recording appeared in the RECORD list but both parts were visible in VIDEO.
ED BEAR<<(+*+)>>
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Reply HDTV Recorders

Epvision Phd Vrx

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page