Verizon Fios Cisco CHS 435HDC error message - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-31-2012, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Every now and then, when I turn the TV on and hit the DVR button, nothing happens. And then I get the following error message on the faceplate of the set-top box where the clock is: Er04 No01 Then the clock counts down from :59 and the box re-boots. Verizon sent me a new box, but it didn't solve the problem. Verizon cannot tell me what the error is -- I'm speculating a bad signal -- since they do not have a list of error messages from Cisco for this box. On top of that, if you go to the Cisco site for set-top box support, neither Verizon is listed as a provider nor 435HDC is among their extensive list of products. What the hell is going on here? Am I imagining this whole saga?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-03-2012, 06:29 AM - Thread Starter

Not one response since late August. Since then, Verizon has told me they are aware of the issue, but don't know what the error message means, but they are working on it. They are about as useless as, well, this forum.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-12-2012, 12:16 PM

You're not the only one who sees this with the Cisco box.. I had the experience last night and it wasn't the first time. For me, it didn't happen spontaneously. I was watching real-time a program that I had previously scheduled to record. About 1 minute into the show I pressed to DVR button on the remote intending to cancel the recording. The DVR menu appeared and I selected the "recordings" list, then highlighted the program actively recording, and selected and confirmed "cancel this recording". It was then that the box objected with the same behavior you've noted. If was more than frustrating to lose about 4 minutes of the program, waiting for the box to shut down and reboot.

In retrospect, the next time I want to cancel a recording in progress, I'll try to remember to STOP the recording first, (pressing the STOP button on the remote) prior to "canceling" and see if that makes any difference. If not, I'll just wait until after the program finishes recording before deleting it. I don't think I've ever had the problem immediately after going to the DVR button before trying to do anything further.

P.S. I was told by VZ when I contacted them in mid-Oct about a problem I had with failure to record any audio at all on a scheduled recording of a PBS program (another well documented and longstanding problem noted in the VZ user's forum), that their DVR firmware was to blame and assured me that the problem would be fully resolved when they pushed a firmware update during the first week of November. It's now the second week of Nov and I still have not noticed an updated firmware version number.
If anyone from VZ monitors this board, a comment here would be GREATLY appreciated!
Reply HDTV Recorders