Need help with Charter Audio problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-19-2012, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I am having a problem with audio dropouts, some lasting up to 1/2 hour. The dropouts are intermittent and more previlent on some channels, most are O.K. If I have an audio dropout on one channel, others are still O.K.

I have two DVRs, both hooked up to Charter Cable. One DVR is supplied by Charter (Mororola DCX3501-M) and the other is a 3 tuner MOXI. Whenever there is a dropout, it appears on both DVR's, so it does not appear to be a DVR problem. Charter claims the problem is with my equipment but I have proven that's not the case. Charter checks signals and says everything is O.K. and leaves, but the problem has persisted for months now......ever since they added lots of HD channels. Anyone else having similar problems? Any way to bypass the Charter idiots and talk with anyone who knows anything?

Carl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-18-2013, 12:49 PM

Liked: 11
BadAttitude,

I have a friend with the Charter TV/Internet/Phone bundle; he appears to have the same problem that you are experiencing: periodic long audio dropouts when viewing HD or non-HD TV channels The Charter HDTV receiver is a Motorola DCH6200, connected to his Sony 50 inch HDTV via an HDMI cable. This is just an HDTV box, it does not have a built-in DVR.

In his case, if he changes the channel, then the audio will immediately be fine on the second channel; he can then switch back to the problem channel and the audio will be fine there, too (until the next audio dropout occurs). I'll have him endure the audio dropout for 30-60 minutes the next time it happens to see if his receiver ever heals itself. Charter says no one else is reporting this problem (yeah, right!). He also had the same problem on a different DCH6200; Charter swapped out that box, but the problem continues...

I guess the problem could be some sort of HDMI handshake issue with the Sony TV, but I sort of doubt that; his TV is a very common one. I guess we will also try switching over to the analog RGB coax interface and see if the problem continues.

I'd appreciate any feedback that others are having with intermittent Charter Cable audio dropouts.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-19-2013, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 12
Steve,

My problem seemed to appear about the time Charter added a bundle of HD channels. O
Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page