Originally Posted by Coxuser1234
1. The guide info screens does not include the 1-5 star ratings] for movies (*****)
. This really bugs my wife because she grew accustomed to using it to avoid recording movies that have 1 star ratings and then turn out to be a waste of both time and HDD space. The older DVRs had it and so do Cox's competitors.
I, too, have noticed this. Perhaps Tribune Media Services does not provide this information in its data package for TRIO. I can't remember if the ratings were present in Passport or not.
2. The cc button on their black remote does not work. This necessitates going through setting's several screens to turn cc on and off. Seems like a programming bug.
Cox has stated that this may
be addressable in a firmware update, but this person was not sure. He said the more complaints they receive about it, the more likely they may be to address it.
3. In the guide screen, the remote's "page+" and "page-" buttons are reversed. The + button takes you to lower numbered channels while - does the reverse. Seems illogical and easy to fix.
It's logical if you think in respect the yellow highlighted channel. Pressing the "up" arrow on the remote moves the yellow highlight up. Pressing the "page +" button moves the yellow highlight up eight channels. The "down" arrow and "page -" buttons move the highlight down.
4. The text in the guide screens is fuzzy (letters appear fragmented) and difficult to read despite my high resolution HD tv sets.
I have not noticed this on my 26" or 32" sets. You must have a larger screen size. I have Sony Bravia sets connected with HDMI.
5. The trio software will not allow the user to delete a recorded program while it is being viewed.
Had not noticed. I always STOP before I DELETE.
Of more concern to me are two intermittent problems with my 8642HDC/TRIO:
1. About once a month, a program will fail to record. The red circle is present in TRIO suggesting it is being recorded, but the red REC
is not lit on the 8642HDC front panel. A quick toggle of the power button on the remote starts the recording.
2. About once every day or two, the audio will stick in the muted state after using the >> or << function. Again, toggling the remote's power button OFF then ON clears the problem. Easy fix, but frustrating.
I haven't had a problem with the failure to get SDV channels (3.1.1 errors) in a few weeks.