post #31 of 34 Old 02-15-2013, 01:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWLinPHX View Post

Wow, you really are a complete a-hole buddy, just like I've been reading and hearing about you on here. You must not have many friends in general. I won't bother to copy & paste your last quote because you completely said that I said things I did not (I'm betting people can read though). But I'll stick to the things I actually said. A trade-off is not an upgrade. Period. And guess what? The unit I have now does not have 6 tuners so that point is moot if I trade it in. What a waste of time.

But I do have one exciting bit of news for you: You can add another accomplishment to your list. I am the newest member to block you and your obnoxious, arrogant and egotistical attitude. After initially reading what everyone was saying to you in other discussions I thought I'd give you a chance and not be quick to judge. It's important I make up my own mind regardless of what everyone else is saying. Now, I have. Soon there will just be a forum for all users posts and then one where your posts are visible (albeit only to you, LOL). Have fun talking to yourself on here. biggrin.gif

About time. Your motto apparently is "If I'm not right, I'll just try to change the focus of the conversation." Carry on...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 02-16-2013, 03:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
I never watch live TV. Isn't that the idea of having a DVR.
^ +1 ^

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
post #33 of 34 Old 02-20-2013, 10:40 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
For anyone who may be following this thread, i just discovered yet another shortcoming of Trio vs. Passport. Normally, with Passport if you have the tuner tuned to a station while you are watching a pre-recorded program you can stop and go back the full amount of time on that station since it has been tuning in to that "live TV" feed while you were watching your show. However, with Trio when you try to do that it is very difficult and frustrating. It will either jump back to the beginning of the buffered feed on that channel or you have to go back using the 8-second replay a thousand times. And even when you do get it back to when it first started recording the live program or about 55 minutes (whichever is less) you can't fast forward easily without it jumping back to the end again. You have to really work it and go super slow from the beginning, even if you just want to see the past 5-10 minutes. That is a regular and practical function I use, not some useless feature that was dropped (much like the other five I mentioned earlier).

I still can't find a place that mentions all that you lose with Trio, only the "new and improved" features. They could save themselves a lot of unhappy customers if they gave people the knowledge they need and let them decide if they want to give up all those features or not.
post #34 of 34 Old 09-25-2013, 07:36 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I just got COX and the lack of 30 second skip is a deal breaker for me. We have had this feature for a few years and the FF option seems archaic. I don't have time to watch all the games I want to in real-time, so the 30 second skip makes it a breeze. Thanks for posting about Direct TV. I will definitely check into it.

Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page