4Likes

post #541 of 1649 Old 09-16-2013, 06:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyJeff View Post

The X1 missed Dexter last night. No warning or error, it just didn't record it. It also removed the final episode of Dexter from the schedule for next week's recordings too.

Not good.

Is it on On Demand?

Robert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 1649 Old 09-16-2013, 06:34 AM

Liked: 15
Yeah, no problem finding it On Demand, but the X1 is going to require a lot of baby sitting it appears.
post #543 of 1649 Old 09-16-2013, 06:43 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainVideoJW View Post

Make sure you use your 30 day guarantee, if you're not happy. You can get all of your money back.

Yeah, I switched because Verizon jacked up my bill big time and wouldn't come down. I had Comcast and a Moto DVR from them a few years ago and had no issues so was surprised the X1 is so buggy. This morning I started recording a show and then my series recording that was supposed to record at the same time didn't start recording. Issues like this are annoying but I'll hope they fix it.
post #544 of 1649 Old 09-16-2013, 06:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyJeff View Post

The X1 missed Dexter last night. No warning or error, it just didn't record it. It also removed the final episode of Dexter from the schedule for next week's recordings too.

Not good.
It anticipated you would have bad nightmares! wink.gif
post #545 of 1649 Old 09-16-2013, 06:59 AM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainVideoJW View Post

It anticipated you would have bad nightmares! wink.gif

LOL...

The new TiVOs are starting to look kinda nice. smile.gif
CaptainVideoJW likes this.
post #546 of 1649 Old 09-16-2013, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mula1 View Post

Comcast offers an X1 back lit remote for $25.

Oh wow. Well I'm not giving Comcast even more of my money for this. I'll ask them nicely if they'll send me one for free when I call today to see if they'll credit the installation fee. I expect them to say no but I'll ask nicely.
post #547 of 1649 Old 09-16-2013, 08:49 AM

Just something to watch for. I had The Newsroom set to record last night and the main box had nothing recording. I also tried add the later one just in case and nothing happened. Reset the box just in case went upstairs and the satellite had it recording right up until I... reset the box. It's definitely more hands-on than I'd like.
post #548 of 1649 Old 09-16-2013, 09:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blairhh View Post

Oh wow. Well I'm not giving Comcast even more of my money for this. I'll ask them nicely if they'll send me one for free when I call today to see if they'll credit the installation fee. I expect them to say no but I'll ask nicely.
Sounds like a good consolation to me!
post #549 of 1649 Old 09-16-2013, 12:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Here's where the money for that backlit remote is going. I think I'll keep my $25. They have the gall to charge extra for a backlit remote. They should give it to us just for being unsolicited beta testers. I'm just sayin......
post #550 of 1649 Old 09-16-2013, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartEvans View Post

Just something to watch for. I had The Newsroom set to record last night and the main box had nothing recording. I also tried add the later one just in case and nothing happened. Reset the box just in case went upstairs and the satellite had it recording right up until I... reset the box. It's definitely more hands-on than I'd like.
Same exact thing here. Nothing on the main box, shows up on the PR150. Reset in the motning I guess. rolleyes.gif

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #551 of 1649 Old 09-17-2013, 06:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Very odd issue. I have "Justified" set up as a season pass with no repeats on TNT. Last night I was browsing the guide and saw that CSI: NY had the 3 empty circles next to it. This indicates that a series pass is setup for that show, and that it will not record. Well, I never did set up a series recording for CSI: NY. Upon further investigation, that CSI: NY was airing on TNT and its episode name was... wait for it... wait for it... "Justified". So, the X1 took my season pass of "Justified" and attached itself to an episode of CSI: NY named "Justified". What the HECK?

post #552 of 1649 Old 09-17-2013, 06:11 AM

Liked: 12
We record Breaking Bad and Dexter every Sunday night - at least we intend to. About a third of the time something has gone wrong with the series recordings, including

- neither recorded
- one recorded
- the DVR hung and had to be restarted, so it recorded part of both shows. This last one was this weekend, where we have taken to watching Breaking Bad in real time since we don't trust X1 to record it. So since we missed almost 10 minutes due to reboot we just set it up to record later. Awful.
post #553 of 1649 Old 09-17-2013, 07:03 AM

Quote:

Very odd issue. I have "Justified" set up as a season pass with no repeats on TNT. Last night I was browsing the guide and saw that CSI: NY had the 3 empty circles next to it. This indicates that a series pass is setup for that show, and that it will not record. Well, I never did set up a series recording for CSI: NY. Upon further investigation, that CSI: NY was airing on TNT and its episode name was... wait for it... wait for it... "Justified". So, the X1 took my season pass of "Justified" and attached itself to an episode of CSI: NY named "Justified". What the HECK?

I have another strange issue to relate - last night we set up to record "Dancing with the Stars" @ 8, the 11 PM local news and the Letterman show @11:35 - all on the same channel. All three recordings were set at the same time in the same way. No problem with "DWTS" - the red recording light came on at 8 and the show recorded properly.

At 11 there was no recording light nor was there one at 11:35 and no listing for either the news or Letterman in the list of "Recordings." We cursed a bit at the machine and went to bed.

Shazaam - this morning both the 11 PM news and Letterman are sitting in my list of recordings. Where were these recordings last night when I was looking for them?

There are many things to like about the X1 system when it works properly but the most aggravating thing about it is the uncertainty that what you want to happen will happen. It just requires too much freakin' babysitting.

PS - I noticed you posted the same story on the Comcast forum.
tkoui likes this.
post #554 of 1649 Old 09-17-2013, 07:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manamok View Post

PS - I noticed you posted the same story on the Comcast forum.

Yeah, I wanted to include a picture, so I posted here as well. And, trying to get it out to as many places as possible to get Comcast's attention.
post #555 of 1649 Old 09-17-2013, 07:43 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
hello all,

anyone still having the 720 default issue
every time I cut the box on:mad:

June
"IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"
post #556 of 1649 Old 09-17-2013, 07:48 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
I just started paying attention to this thread because the X1 recently became available in the Portland, OR area, and I was thinking of switching over from my 6400-based AnyRoom setup. The only real reason I considered switching is the ability to record more than two shows at once. I would also like a larger than 500G hard drive, but that doesn't seem to be the case with the X1, and cloud storage isn't available yet. But with all the problems I see reported in this thread, I am VERY leery of switching yet. After years of black screen recordings and freezes and crashes, the system I have now seems stable as a rock. Am I wrong in thinking I should wait until Comcast irons out the X1 problems? Based on past performance, that could be years.
post #557 of 1649 Old 09-17-2013, 07:56 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnk1 View Post

We record Breaking Bad and Dexter every Sunday night - at least we intend to. About a third of the time something has gone wrong with the series recordings, including

- neither recorded
- one recorded
- the DVR hung and had to be restarted, so it recorded part of both shows. This last one was this weekend, where we have taken to watching Breaking Bad in real time since we don't trust X1 to record it. So since we missed almost 10 minutes due to reboot we just set it up to record later. Awful.

I am on now calling to lodge a complaint, but I just noticed something...

if you go into the xfinitytv.com page and then to your DVR manager, have a look at next Sunday night - does it show the recordings on bogus channels?

Mine is showing Breaking Bad on channel 798 and Dexter on channel 1950.

post #558 of 1649 Old 09-17-2013, 08:03 AM

No, the scheduled recordings for 9/22 are there and showing the correct channels. For now. Come Sunday, who knows what madness may occur?
post #559 of 1649 Old 09-17-2013, 10:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielb6752 View Post

I am on now calling to lodge a complaint, but I just noticed something...

if you go into the xfinitytv.com page and then to your DVR manager, have a look at next Sunday night - does it show the recordings on bogus channels?

Mine is showing Breaking Bad on channel 798 and Dexter on channel 1950.

Try removing them from series recording using the DVRManager and setting them back up. See if that changes anything?
post #560 of 1649 Old 09-17-2013, 10:47 AM

Liked: 19
Are you guys able to set records from the web site (DVR Manager)? Thats how I used to set most of my series recordings on the old dvr (from the on-line TV guide). Now it goes through the motions - says it is sending my new recording to the DVr but it never shows up.
The shows I have recorded from the remote are OK and they show up on-line also but I cant seem to setup any recording from the web.
post #561 of 1649 Old 09-17-2013, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhamp View Post

Are you guys able to set records from the web site (DVR Manager)? Thats how I used to set most of my series recordings on the old dvr (from the on-line TV guide). Now it goes through the motions - says it is sending my new recording to the DVr but it never shows up.
The shows I have recorded from the remote are OK and they show up on-line also but I cant seem to setup any recording from the web.

Same problem here......mad.gif
post #562 of 1649 Old 09-17-2013, 11:39 AM

Billing rep says the X1 installation won't appear until next month's bill. I need to call back then to ask for a waived fee.

Rep had no knowledge of a backlit X1 remote. Said I had to be transferred to speak to someone else. It's not a big enough deal for me to inquire now. If it still bothers me in a few months I'll look into it.

After I delete a recording it shows up in the 'deleted' menu. Do I also need to delete these programs in said menu? Will they automatically delete at some point? Doesn't seem to be taking up any space on my HD.

Noise is continuing to bother me. Do any other X1 owners here have this issue too? It sounds like a my old PS2 while it was in use. I greatly preferred how dead silent my last HD DVR box was.
post #563 of 1649 Old 09-17-2013, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

yes blairhh,

it stays on all the time. the electric company love it.

June
"IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"
post #564 of 1649 Old 09-17-2013, 01:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhamp View Post

I am still able to set up recordings using DVDManager. Every once in a while one won't go thru, but I just set it again, and it usually goes thru the second time.
post #565 of 1649 Old 09-17-2013, 01:23 PM

Liked: 23
Quote:

Billing rep says the X1 installation won't appear until next month's bill. I need to call back then to ask for a waived fee.

Rep had no knowledge of a backlit X1 remote. Said I had to be transferred to speak to someone else. It's not a big enough deal for me to inquire now. If it still bothers me in a few months I'll look into it.

After I delete a recording it shows up in the 'deleted' menu. Do I also need to delete these programs in said menu? Will they automatically delete at some point? Doesn't seem to be taking up any space on my HD.

Noise is continuing to bother me. Do any other X1 owners here have this issue too? It sounds like a my old PS2 while it was in use. I greatly preferred how dead silent my last HD DVR box was.

The backlit remote I bought at the online Comcast store. I have two pace px100 DVR's and they aren't as loud as I've read on the Comcast forum.

Robert
post #566 of 1649 Old 09-17-2013, 01:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You can get backlit remote here:

http://store.comcast.com/xr5-remote-control/detail.php?p=451385

From what I was told about "delete" folder. It does not take up space nor count towards free space, and will clear out on its own. However, I was not told at what time it clears out. I don't know if it is after a certain amount of days, or if the % free gets to a certain amount.

As for noise, I do not hear any noise coming from my X1. Mine is how you described your last DVR; dead silent.
post #567 of 1649 Old 09-17-2013, 01:40 PM

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnk1 View Post

- neither recorded
- one recorded

Breaking bad did not record for me on Sunday night as well.
post #568 of 1649 Old 09-17-2013, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:

I am still able to set up recordings using DVDManager. Every once in a while one won't go thru, but I just set it again, and it usually goes thru the second time.
I've tried several times, has never worked for me.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #569 of 1649 Old 09-17-2013, 04:47 PM

I'm really starting to hate you X1! I cannot tune any of my sports channels, just trying to watch the Red Sox! One more strike and your out!
post #570 of 1649 Old 09-17-2013, 04:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdolen View Post

I'm really starting to hate you X1! I cannot tune any of my sports channels, just trying to watch the Red Sox! One more strike and your out!
Call X1 support line and request tier 2 ticket #

Wouldn't let them 'troubleshoot' you for more than 10 min of your time.
Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page