1) There's no additional charge for the X1 platform. It's the same pricing as their traditional equipment. Does vary by market, though.
2) They do have 2 year contract pricing avaliable. I opted for 1 year no contract. The price is guaranteed for that 1 year.
3) A truck roll is necessary. They're not allowing self install or pickup at Comcast stores at this time. Install is very simple. I don't see why. There is a $33 install fee. I got that credited after the fact. You may too.
4) Triple Play is required. If you really don't want, don't need home phone you can cancel phone after it's installed and keep the X1 equipment.
5) They do use MOCA for AnyRoom functionality. This hasn't been turned on in the Houston market yet. I can't give much more info on that. X1 website says watch recordings in anyroom by June.
6) Momthly fees for equipment. 1 DVR is included in most of the bundles.
X1 DVR $17.95
X1 Non-DVR HD STB (PR150) $9.25
eMTA modem $7. (Internet/phone)
Varies by market
You can buy your own modem like I did if you want to avoid this fee. I even bought one used on Amazon. Works great.
I bought used from seller Ostell
Refer to Comcast's Approved Device list.:
6) You can't send recordings to mobile devices. Yet. There is Network (Cloud) DVR
functionality in the works. This may allow you to do this. Don't have a time frame
The X1 interface is far and beyond anything I've seen with Comcast before. Way better than Uverse. It's still a little buggy. They're working out the kinks. The good thing is that Comcast is developing the firmware and software instead of another company developing middleware. This means much faster updates than before.
I like the mini guide. I like the TV/movie recommendations based on the program you're watching.
The Comcast stores in my area have it on display. I stopped by, said I was interested and asked for the remote so I could try it out.
Hope I answered all the questions