post #721 of 1690 Old 10-01-2013, 10:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by citico View Post

I am running the X2 SW on my X1 box. Can someone tell me how to clear the recently watched channels that appear when you click on last? With the X1 you could clear them with the delete(D) button and there was also a popup that allowed you to clear all.

With X1, there is a setting somewhere (Sorry, not in front of my X1 at the moment), that will enable you to clear the "last" items. I am not sure if it is on the X2, but worth a look.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 1690 Old 10-01-2013, 10:45 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyJeff View Post

Along with no noise, I have no problem holding down the volume button on the remote. And yes, I'm sure of it. smile.gif Also haven't had problems with 95% of a show being recorded. Something to look forward to perhaps?

Holding down the volume button does not enable a change in volume for me. I must keep pushing it repeatedly for it to change. I called Comcast on an unrelated matter and the rep told me that my remote control behavior was in fact normal (she has an X1 in her office and went to check). If you and others want to tell me that isn't the case with yours, I'm all ears. I'm not entirely sure why mine would act this way if it wasn't normal behavior. I'm also unclear why my X1 and the one at my local Comcast store emits an operational noise while you and others claim to have dead silent X1's.
post #723 of 1690 Old 10-01-2013, 04:03 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by blairhh View Post

Wish I could say the same but I can't. My X1 and the one I listened to at my local Comcast store have an operational noise. I notice it daily.

Recorded every episode of 'Breaking Bad' as AMC re-aired them the week before the finale. I've never seen the show so I figured it was a great chance to save them all and watch at my leisure. 3 episodes recorded 95% of the program and came with a warning saying so. (Exclamation point next to the title of the episode.)

Button placement on the X1 remote is a nightmare IMO. Very unintuitive. Not being able to hold down the volume button and having to keep pushing it is just ridiculous. Having to press 'ok' after entering a channel number is nonsense.

I should also vent about how much confusion there was on the part of Comcast before I got my X1. When I received the X1 flyer in the mail this summer I called to inquire about pricing and was told that it would be $19.99 a month just to receive the 'dvr in every room' feature. I told the rep that this made no sense as I only have 1 DVR despite 4 Comcast boxes total in my house. She insisted that this fee was mandatory for anybody wanting an X1 box. I called last month for a tech issue with one of my boxes and casually inquired about the X1. I was told I could get it for a promo rate of $199 a month for triple play service. I would gain channels from my current package and the price would go up $25 a month in year one and again in year 2.

I jumped on this offer but was told repeatedly by the cs rep that I must change my modem to a wireless gateway. She insisted. The issue was that I just had a docsis 3 installed by Comcast this past summer (the Arris model) and this was after they initially wanted to install the gateway but were unable to for technical reasons. (Which I now don't remember.) The technician came to my house and said it was unnecessary to install the gateway if I didn't want or need it. He even checked with a supervisor to confirm this.

In the end I won out (got the X1 and lowered my monthly bill, at least for a year) but the confusion between everybody at Comcast is just amazing.

$199? I pay $169 with an Motorola DVR.
post #724 of 1690 Old 10-01-2013, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Beem View Post

$199? I pay $169 with an Motorola DVR.

Congrats.
post #725 of 1690 Old 10-02-2013, 06:27 AM

Liked: 15
Received update 4827 overnight. I had been in hopes of this update resolving the issue of the RED recording light staying on all the time or otherwise working when it feels like it. However, that is NOT the case.

I also noticed that there is now a battery monitoring level for the remote in the settings as well as a cute little "Made in Philadelphia with Love" logo on the settings page. eek.gif

While I appreciate and look forward to enhancements and new functions with this DVR, do you not think, Comcast, that the software designer's time could have been better spent fixings the known issues with this platform instead of spending time on cute little "made with love" nonsense?

I mean really Comcast. Come on! Fix my recording light, please? How freaking hard can it be?

My TV is powered by coal. 
post #726 of 1690 Old 10-02-2013, 06:50 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 131
I'm more interested in having the DD 5.1 issue with DVR'd material playing correctly on the 150 satellite boxes.

S~
StanGeek likes this.

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #727 of 1690 Old 10-02-2013, 08:11 AM

Recorded 'Brooklyn Nine Nine' last night. At the 9 minute mark the show stopped and immediately went back to my recordings menu. FF and playing it right before that point again did the very same thing. Paging forward and hoping to skip that part was not possible. A glitch in the recording. What a nightmare.

I'm off to travel for work for 10 days. Unplugged the X1 entirely. Hearing it power down was bliss. No more noise. Missed recordings be damned.
post #728 of 1690 Old 10-02-2013, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah. All 7 seven of my recordings actually recorded last night.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #729 of 1690 Old 10-02-2013, 12:11 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Error-free night for me last night as well except having no picture when I turned on the TV (had to unplug). I'll let it slide since there was a firmware update.
post #730 of 1690 Old 10-02-2013, 12:24 PM

No error free recording for me last night. I can only blame myself because I did not pull the plug for a hard reset before Prime Time. It recorded all of my shows except S.H.I.E.L.D. which is the one that really pisses me off b/c that is the only show I've gotten my wife to sit down with me and watch. She was pretty upset too b/c she could have watched it at the gym, but decided to wait until later to watch it with me. Now we are waiting for it to come On Demand..

I have to remember the PLEDGE "I will hard reset my X1 DVR box every night before 7:00pm CST"

I did notice they were doing a lot of DVR maintenance though last night, as none of my STBs would pull up the recorded shows or even display the scheduled recordings and my main box kept popping up with the notification every 10 minutes..
post #731 of 1690 Old 10-02-2013, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator

Last week Agents of Shield and Dads were my two shows that didn't record. Backed up on my Tivo and it caught the thursday reairing. This week was fine. One thing I found last night was Hostages was not available in HD On Demand (checked both the Tivo and the X1). Didn't miss it, our local station blew something and it aired in SD. I'll look again tonight. 2 Broke Girls was available in HD, but the 5.1 audio sounded horrific (like a tin can).

S~

post #732 of 1690 Old 10-02-2013, 05:53 PM

Hoping I can get some info here :)

We have the X1 - installed about 3 weeks ago. We love a lot about it - thanks for the tip to reset the page up to 30 seconds...that's wonderful!

The installer said we'd have "virtually unlimited" storage...but we are finding that it's only able to hold about 50-75 shows...do we need to do something?

Also, we were told we could record up to 4 shows at a time and watch a 5th...but we seem to only be able to record 2 and watch a 3rd?

Also, our xfinity guide/menu seems to get frozen alot...especially weekends. Any tips?

Thanks in advance!

Heather

post #733 of 1690 Old 10-02-2013, 07:35 PM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaHezzie View Post

The installer said we'd have "virtually unlimited" storage...but we are finding that it's only able to hold about 50-75 shows...do we need to do something?

You have 500GB of storage, far from unlimited. Once the system goes cloud based maybe
Quote:

Also, we were told we could record up to 4 shows at a time and watch a 5th...but we seem to only be able to record 2 and watch a 3rd?

You should be able to record 4 shows and watch a 5th. The DVR has six tuners but only five are currently used.
Quote:

Also, our xfinity guide/menu seems to get frozen alot...especially weekends. Any tips?

Welcome to X1!
post #734 of 1690 Old 10-02-2013, 07:50 PM

Quote:

Hoping I can get some info here smile.gif

We have the X1 - installed about 3 weeks ago. We love a lot about it - thanks for the tip to reset the page up to 30 seconds...that's wonderful!

The X1 has a 500GB hard drive - depending on the show it seems like an hour of HD uses about 1-1.5% of space. Definitely not unlimited!
Quote:

Early on in the X1 deployments - back in 2012, recording 2 and watching a 3rd were the limits. Then a software update was released which activated more tuners. If you go into the "about" section of the DVR menus (all the way over the little gears icon) is the date of the firmware of your STB listed as something recent, like 9/4/13 or 9/11/13?
Quote:

Again check your firmware version. It could just be the X1 being the X1, but I don't see very many freeze-ups. Definitely not "a lot". It could also be related to your signal levels, etc. - there's a lot of discussion of that a few pages back in this thread about where to look and what numbers are best.

HTH,
Jeff
post #735 of 1690 Old 10-02-2013, 07:52 PM

Liked: 20
Quote:

Hoping I can get some info here smile.gif

Thanks in advance!

Heather

The guide seems to freeze when you are using it when it changes to each hour. So if it's like 7:59, get off it.
post #736 of 1690 Old 10-04-2013, 12:45 PM

I don't want to jinx anything, but I haven't had any glitches for the last few days since the 9/11 firmware was installed. Pretty quiet in this forum too...
post #737 of 1690 Old 10-04-2013, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyJeff View Post

I don't want to jinx anything, but I haven't had any glitches for the last few days since the 9/11 firmware was installed. Pretty quiet in this forum too...
I was still on 9/4 as of this morning. It has been much more stable, but New Girl recorded for me in 2 parts. They need to fix the DD 5.1 issue on the 150's NOW. It should not take this long to fix the audio.

S~

post #738 of 1690 Old 10-04-2013, 09:10 PM
Advanced Member

Im having nothing but issues with my x1 dvr and node. First node fried out in a week. Called comcast to swap out and put my tivo back in. The tech shows up late and with a work order for a node swap out if its Provence broken. I'm at work during the appointment and my wife wasn't sure what I wanted done. They of course offer $20 credit for the issues. now for the last month I have to reset the X1 and node a couple times a week. Since the install some recordings will have this issue, at some point while fast forwarding the recording will reset back to the beginning when stop the FF. Now its happening to all recordings.

I've tried to reset both boxes, updates, ect. with no luck. These boxes are just to much of a headache. Maybe a Multi room Tivo upgrade will be the way to go. Thanks for the space to vent my frustrations.

Pioneer 5010FD, Sony 60A3000, Panny 42PZ85U, Yamaha RX-V3800, Denon 4308, B&W 600's, HSU VTF-3 MK3, Def. Tech. bp7004, 2002, 1.2x, 2x, TivoHD, Samsung 1200, harmony 1000, ps3, xbox360, Sony BDP S350
post #739 of 1690 Old 10-04-2013, 10:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Had x1 for two days. Nothing but problems. Tonight it, remote dvr box, froze up right at the time the news was supposed to start. Ive had enough. Ripped it out of the wall. They are all going back to the local office on Monday, or Saturday if they're open.

What a freakin joke. Its no wonder they push for a 2 year contract.

You all who have and have had patience are better people than me. Or you just really like the x1 platform.

Comcast is the worst and this is icing on the cake.

End of rant .... Must go fix wall.

FS- Netgear 550 .ISO player - PM me
My Gear-Pioneer, JBL Pro Cinema, Fi Car Audio 4- SP4 18", Peavey IPR2 7500 x 4 -Mini-Dsp 4x10, GIK Acoustics, Seymour Screens 110" AT, Dune Smarts, uNraid Server

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #740 of 1690 Old 10-04-2013, 10:49 PM

dont worry all my boxes froze up at 10pm Pacific time. no picture no sound. i got it to give me an error message one time. something about an internet outage. everytime i try to call comcast i just get dumped/hung up on with out ever reaching a person. must be a pretty big outage. only thing is my account page still says cable is good. smh.
post #741 of 1690 Old 10-04-2013, 10:55 PM

I totally jinxed it with my last post. Came home an hour ago and nothing but a black screen. When I left the screen saver and Pandora were running fine.

It's Not a "no signal" message from the TV, just a totally black screen in 1080i. Unplugging the HDMI cable gives me the no signal screen - the X1 just isn't sending any picture or sound.

I've pulled the plug for a minute and plugged it back in - I see the xfinity logo and boot-up screens but then it just goes black. No picture or sound.

Calling Comcast ends up in a disconnect or busy signal after exhausting all the voice mail prompts. I even called the Internet team who eventually transferred me to the X1 team, but it ended in a busy signal also.

I'm going to see about finding a TiVO or getting reconnected with DirecTV tomorrow if leaving it unplugged overnight doesn't help.

With love from Philadelphia, indeed...
post #742 of 1690 Old 10-04-2013, 10:58 PM

wow this must be a nationwide outage. im all the way in seattle and having the exact same issue. came on right at 10pm for me. to the second too. was weird.
post #743 of 1690 Old 10-04-2013, 11:03 PM

I think it was about 1am eastern time exactly when I got home. Maybe it will be fine in the morning. I'm leaving it unplugged until I wake up...
post #744 of 1690 Old 10-04-2013, 11:11 PM

Yep - it's all over the Internet if you search x1 outage and use Google search tools to limit results to the last hour.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/X1-national-outage/m-p/1859517
post #745 of 1690 Old 10-04-2013, 11:24 PM

12AM central for me! Completely down from the DVR to the standard STB's...I've only had X1 for about 36 hours! Been reading through this thread for about two weeks, very insightful! Thanks to everyone's input thus far! I was hoping I wasn't going to have to deal with most of the issues I have read on here but it looks like I joined the lonely hearts club with the rest of you! This blows but I'll take some comfort in knowing its a nationwide outage! The remote, data and record lights have stopped blinking but still no cigar!
post #746 of 1690 Old 10-04-2013, 11:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 50
IndyJeff we would all like to blame you, but let's face it, these boxes suck!!!!!! I fell asleep watching TV with my lady. When I woke up, the box won't respond to anything but the volume. Can't change the channel with my harmony, the iPad app or the xfinity app. This is getting ridiculous!!!!! Now the box just went black while I'm typing this. Got sound, but no picture. I guess it's time to go to bed. I should never have switched to X1.
post #747 of 1690 Old 10-05-2013, 02:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 442
I was about to head to bed as I thought I was alone on this and would call someone in the morning, glad I decided to trouble shoot here for any similar issues and low and behold a nation wide outage eek.gif
post #748 of 1690 Old 10-05-2013, 07:08 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I was supposed to get X1 last Monday. This thread has convinced me to wait a year.
post #749 of 1690 Old 10-05-2013, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator

Had to restart my 150 this morning. Yellow data light was on, red light flashing, and no picture or sound.

S~

post #750 of 1690 Old 10-05-2013, 07:34 AM

I plugged it back in this morning and all is well.

Weird that a problem in the "cloud" would knock out every DVR in the country. It would be interesting to know the architecture of this system and how the local and remote pieces all integrate (or occasionally don't).

Not giving up yet...
Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page