Official* Xfinity X1 STB Thread - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 6Likes

post #61 of 1696 Old 07-03-2013, 11:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Is the HDMI going through a A/V receiver or direct to the TV? I know the older boxes had a flawed HDMI handshaking mechanism between A/V receiver and the TV and if you turned on and off the TV the box would revert back to 480P from 1080i no matter what I did.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 1696 Old 07-03-2013, 01:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 39
There is no 1080P content. It's just upscaling.

But. There's no "through" option, and who wants to watch a program scaled down to 720P instead of its native of 1080i?

It's frustrating. I keep pressing ComcastKara in the forums, but I don't think she's addressed this issue yet.

Equipment: |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
post #63 of 1696 Old 07-03-2013, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 442
Hi all , I'm 24hrs in on the upgrade to the X-1 platform and thus far the only issue was the having to record shows using the smaller tuners around the house in order to pause live tv, I tested this last night on the main dvr (hub or whatever you want to call it) and it worked just fine. I haven't had any issues with any of the stb going back to 720p after entering there explicit 1080p settings even after shutdowns, the main dvr is hooked directly to the display with optical for audio, could be for those of you that do does your receiver or pre/pro have a pass through option?

Now as for its performance I'm extremely impressed as it seems they've put together a well thought out interfacing system that's intuitive and very easy to figure out and navigate, even the wife is tweaking her settings biggrin.gif picture quality is first rate with some good upscaling going on. Overall i'm impressed with what they've done. wink.gif
post #64 of 1696 Old 07-03-2013, 04:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 59
How's the speed of the UI?
post #65 of 1696 Old 07-03-2013, 09:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post

How's the speed of the UI?

Fast and very responsive, almost to good .
post #66 of 1696 Old 07-05-2013, 06:43 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 13
With the suppleid remote I agree - but for some reason my Logitech Harmony One remote has a lot of delay. mad.gif
post #67 of 1696 Old 07-05-2013, 12:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post

With the suppleid remote I agree - but for some reason my Logitech Harmony One remote has a lot of delay. mad.gif
Have you used the Harmony software to turn down the delay? I think I have it on 0 ms.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
post #68 of 1696 Old 07-06-2013, 05:19 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I don't see an option anywhere to set the delay down to 0ms globally for the remote. Do you mean for the X1 device?
post #69 of 1696 Old 07-08-2013, 08:38 AM

Day 4 of X1 and I have a few (somewhat) minor issues:

• Set a recording for a baseball game via the Sports sub-program guide on Day 1 but it did not record. Other scheduled recordings via the normal guide have worked fine.
  • HGTV seems to be out-of-sync at times and often, I have to pause for a second so picture/sound will stop breaking up. Also, I flipped around and come back to that channel only to find it inoperable (black screen) with timeline showing
  • the new remote for X1 does not (perhaps I need to program) allow me to switch my TV's input (ex: cable box to PS3, DVD player, etc.).
  • wife is not pleased with the bubble description that pops up in the guide as it sometimes blocks the reading of the program listed below it

Thus far, I have been pretty pleased with the layout of the guide and ease of use.
post #70 of 1696 Old 07-08-2013, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
hello all,

new update this morning. green power light stays off now.

June
"IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"
post #71 of 1696 Old 07-11-2013, 01:38 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldsonjune View Post

hello all,

anyone using the x1 services?

I just got X-1 installed at my house. I decided to give it a try. After almost 2 weeks I am ready to get rid of it and go back to my TiVo's. First X-1 IS NOT TiVo. I cannot stand it. I had 3 TiVo premiers networked together with 225 hours of recording time between them. Life was good. The only issues I ever had was having to call Comcast every now and then to resend the signal to my TiVo. In 2 weeks I have been on the phone with Comcast every other day for at least an hour each time. I am dropping that service as soon as I get my cable cards back for my TiVo's. Comcast can experiment with somebody else until they get it straight.
post #72 of 1696 Old 07-11-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushman64 View Post

I just got X-1 installed at my house. I decided to give it a try. After almost 2 weeks I am ready to get rid of it and go back to my TiVo's. First X-1 IS NOT TiVo. I cannot stand it. I had 3 TiVo premiers networked together with 225 hours of recording time between them. Life was good. The only issues I ever had was having to call Comcast every now and then to resend the signal to my TiVo. In 2 weeks I have been on the phone with Comcast every other day for at least an hour each time. I am dropping that service as soon as I get my cable cards back for my TiVo's. Comcast can experiment with somebody else until they get it straight.

What are the issues just wondering I just got mine in the Chicago area
post #73 of 1696 Old 07-16-2013, 07:31 AM

Although only an inconvenience at this point, I don't like the random channel switch to Channel 2 after a recording has ended. Perhaps, it only happens when a recording starts when the unit is powered off as was the case yesterday. The unit was in off mode (green light off) and a recording had already begun before I got home and manually turned on the unit. After I caught up and was watching live to the end of the recording time, the unit changed the channel on me. Odd.

I seem to be in the minority but it seems my unit may have a slightly degraded picture than my previous Motorola DVR. Only slight.
post #74 of 1696 Old 07-16-2013, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkoui View Post

Although only an inconvenience at this point, I don't like the random channel switch to Channel 2 after a recording has ended. Perhaps, it only happens when a recording starts when the unit is powered off as was the case yesterday. The unit was in off mode (green light off) and a recording had already begun before I got home and manually turned on the unit. After I caught up and was watching live to the end of the recording time, the unit changed the channel on me. Odd.

I seem to be in the minority but it seems my unit may have a slightly degraded picture than my previous Motorola DVR. Only slight.

Be sure to set the box to the highest resolution your tv is capable (1080p, if possible) of and also turn off any additional processing in your tv as well that may be over smoothing the image, I found that the up conversion is really good and required less processing and noise reduction wink.gif
post #75 of 1696 Old 07-16-2013, 01:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkoui View Post

Please verify, because that just won't do. After I record something I often want to continue watching other programs on that channel. Anyway I'll be hanging on to my RNG200 for quite awhile since I have a large backload of recordings that are tied to the unit.

Let me clarify, it's not so much that I will be sitting there watching, but I use the buffer to pause and rewind the upcoming programming on the channel where I made a recording.
post #76 of 1696 Old 07-16-2013, 03:56 PM

This morning no sound had to reset the box
post #77 of 1696 Old 07-16-2013, 04:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpfisterer View Post

This morning no sound had to reset the box
Connected directly to a TV, or through an AVR?

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
post #78 of 1696 Old 07-16-2013, 05:25 PM

AVR but the AVR was working properly
post #79 of 1696 Old 07-16-2013, 05:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

AVR but the AVR was working properly
Oh, I didn't mean to imply it wasn't.
I think others have reported issues with sound due to HDMI handshakes on the Comcast Forums.

I'm having the 720P reset issue.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
post #80 of 1696 Old 07-16-2013, 05:44 PM

When you turn the STB on and off it does revert to 720P
post #81 of 1696 Old 07-17-2013, 02:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

When you turn the STB on and off it does revert to 720P
Am I the only one that thinks that's dumb design? :/

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
post #82 of 1696 Old 07-17-2013, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainVideoJW View Post

Am I the only one that thinks that's dumb design? :/

This isn't the same cable setup where use to and my guess is to start thinking of it as an PS3 or other media device that needs to boot up and sync before outputting, I noticed it ask to be restarted and needs to refresh itself to maintain the link with Comcast I guess, whatever it is I love it ( although I'll admit a bit quirky at times) and it will get better over time wink.gif
post #83 of 1696 Old 07-17-2013, 02:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 50
I read somewhere in this forum that the X1 remote is RF. Can the H1 control the new box?
post #84 of 1696 Old 07-17-2013, 04:23 PM

The X1 box still has a infrared receiver
post #85 of 1696 Old 07-17-2013, 08:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

The X1 box still has a infrared receiver
Thanks, that's what I was hoping.
post #86 of 1696 Old 07-18-2013, 06:54 AM

I had to reset the STB again, I figured out if I turned off the AVR the STB losses its sound.
post #87 of 1696 Old 07-19-2013, 01:00 PM

Completed the install a few days ago. Odd how a system can only support the main box and 2 satellites if you also have Comcast internet. Apparently the cable can only be split into 4 paths and still maintain the requisite signal strength - cable modem, set top box, 2 satellites. The tech said he needed to put a ticket in to have another field tech come out and both raise the signal level coming into the home and lower it heading upstream - all the way back to some neighborhood amp. Not well planned out yet - al least in central NJ.

One more piece of info for those considering this - the runs to the equipment must all oringinate at the same common splitter - per the Comcast tech
post #88 of 1696 Old 07-19-2013, 01:13 PM

has anyone integrated the X1 with Roomie?
post #89 of 1696 Old 07-19-2013, 04:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWojcik View Post

has anyone integrated the X1 with Roomie?
I haven't seen any mention of it in any of the various forums.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
post #90 of 1696 Old 07-19-2013, 06:46 PM
Advanced Member

So does this X1 box use satellite boxes for the other rooms/tvs in ones home? If so does anyone have any links to pics of these boxes or system?
Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page