Forum Jump: 
 6Likes

post #901 of 1693 Old 10-23-2013, 09:30 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 39
I will politely suggest that you will be better off in the Comcast X1 Forums.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/X1-Forum/td-p/1557105/page/23

Hopefully they will be better off to help you there.

As for this community, were here to give each other feedback and tips in a friendly and courteous manner.

Thank you

Equipment: |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 1693 Old 10-23-2013, 09:56 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainVideoJW View Post

I will politely suggest that you will be better off in the Comcast X1 Forums.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/X1-Forum/td-p/1557105/page/23

Hopefully they will be better off to help you there.

As for this community, were here to give each other feedback and tips in a friendly and courteous manner.

Thank you

I will continue to participate in this thread. Thanks.
post #903 of 1693 Old 10-23-2013, 10:49 AM

not if you email the Comcast corporate customer service email address which is (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com).
For the quickest response, please include:
Your full name;
Service address;
Phone number & an alternate number if possible;
and your Account number.
post #904 of 1693 Old 10-23-2013, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by blairhh View Post

Let me go ahead and explain my response to Jhon.

My desire was to find a place to provide feedback for the X1. I have a list of issues that Comcast most likely already knows about with their new STB but it can't hurt to provide them with this feedback.

What Jhon is proposing is not at all what I was seeking in the first place. Airing out my issues with the X1 to executives is pointless. My guess is that Comcast is very aware of the problems the X1 is having. The tech even told me so as he installed my unit. Providing any specific feedback to a Comcast executive will do nothing. I would only write to Comcast if I was unhappy with my service in general, which I'm not. I've been a Comcast customer since at least 2003 and have had almost zero serious issues in 10 years.

If I was truly unsatisfied with Comcast I would transfer my service to Verizon Fios.

I lashed out at Jhon because he was pretty rude to being with. Any feedback I provide online will 'go to India'. Well the one place I was looking at was with Comcast reps on their forums. They are directly responding to forum members and saying that they are passing along specific feedback to engineers. Whether you believe their words or not is an entirely different matter. At some point this week I will join said forum and provide them my feedback. Whether that makes a difference in the long term is debatable but at least I'm doing something.

I do not deem a letter to any Comcast executive to be a valid endeavor for what I was trying to pass along to begin with.

And with that, I hope we can move forward and focus on the X1.

Since my last message I've learned two things. 1. The Tivo DVR's have a monthly subscription fee (I've ruled them out). 2. The X2 is not only a software update to the X1 but also an entirely different STB that is more compact than the X1 and saves all recordings to the cloud. However I read the following from a news article published this past summer online and I don't understand if the X2 STB can be used instead of the X1.

"The update is akin to a new operating system for a cellphone or computer; it will work on X1 set-top boxes through an optional update delivered via the Internet. Comcast also unveiled a small set-top box for secondary TVs in a home that is one-third the size of a typical box."

Secondary TVs? Meaning you must have one X1 unit in your home and you can add other X2 units to other TVs? What I'm hoping is that I can swap out my X1 unit for the X2 entirely. I'm guessing that the lack of hard drive on the X2 means no noisy fan.

Speaking of the fan. Looking over the X1 forum at Comcast's site it's clear that I'm one of many complaining about X1 'noise' and this noise is the fan itself. I think the obvious answer is to simply transition to the X2 STB however I see only a vague 'end of 2013' with respect to its availability. If anyone can offer any insight into the X2 I'm all ears.
Jhon was in no way rude. Had he been, his post would have been removed. It's simply not what you wanted to hear. Contacting executives will accomplish much more than simply providing feedback on a site or through an e-mail. My correspondence with an executive was forwarded to the lead on the X1 project.

S~
CaptainVideoJW, Jhon and db00 like this.

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #905 of 1693 Old 10-23-2013, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Furniss View Post

not if you email the Comcast corporate customer service email address which is (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com).
For the quickest response, please include:
Your full name;
Service address;
Phone number & an alternate number if possible;
and your Account number.
Yeap. That will give you the executive resolution team.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #906 of 1693 Old 10-23-2013, 06:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Ok, so I just got caught up on the 250+ posts since I last read and posted. Looks like things are kinda progressing with the bugs? Anyhow last night I noticed something odd. MyDVR Manager has all of a sudden started showing my now disconnected X1 boxes (complete with scheduled recordings and recorded shows). I had renamed them Downstairs and Upstairs Instead of Man Cave and Great Room last time I tried X1 since I thought that naming them the same was causing me not to be able to schedule up recordings from the web. They disappeared after I last disconnected the X1 boxes and went back to legacy. I see on my account that the equipment is still listed, but they are not charging me for them (yet). Will be interesting to see what my bill that cycles in a few days looks like, The last one was a train wreck with all the changing back and fourth.

The weird thing is that I can still turn on my X1 hub/dvr and it works, but I can't tune to any OnDemand. All my channels including premium work for live TV. Before during periods of going back and forth if they were dialed they would not boot up and show a picture? Perhaps they have messed up and reactivated them? I tried last night to schedule up some things using the web and they never went through. I did not try to schedule anything from the DVR/Remote as technically these are not activated and I had a short time to test before I had to hook back up my Moto MOCA box. I did try an update and it paused for some time and then said that it was up to date. They have allowed me to keep the X1 boxes in hope that sometime in the near future I may want to try it again, but it's prime time for fall shows and I'm having trouble keeping up as it is without having to fight X1.

I am going to continue to monitor progress through this thread. BTW - all my efforts to get some info and give input to Comcast has not panned out. During my visit to Philly about 3-4 weeks ago there was not an opportunity to discuss X1 other than with my local account team. The group we were visiting with is far and away removed from the X1 and cable operations. I however have given plenty of verbal and written feedback to local folks. What I have learned from my team is that most of them are using X1 with great success, but I think they are all scheduling and controlling through IOS and not the web or with the remote for the most part. Seems if you use all the new fangled stuff things work, but features that have been solid for a decade on legacy have been overlooked.
post #907 of 1693 Old 10-24-2013, 02:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post

Yeap. That will give you the executive resolution team.

S~
Unfortunately, they won't even e-mail or call you back. My last e-mail to her was 9/26. No reply. My last voicemail was left for her on 10/7. No Response.

I thought it was just that I'd gotten someone that didn't care the first time with "Executive Customer Relations". It was over a month before that guy got back to me. He tried to justify the poor customer service as there were only 70 of he and his co-workers and millions of complaining customers. Not. My. Problem.

And it's not like I'm calling screaming at these people. I'm very polite and courteous.

To be fair the last lady I am/was dealing with did fix some billing issues. Credits for eMTA I own and finally assigned it as customer owned.
She also reimbursed me $100 for the Gefen HDMI Detective Plus I purchased regarding the 720P reset bug.

It just seems after your initial contact with them. They can't/won't follow up. eek.gifmad.gifeek.gifrolleyes.gif

Equipment: |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
post #908 of 1693 Old 10-24-2013, 07:54 AM
Super Moderator

I've always had good luck with the resolution team following up. X1 lead never calls/e-mails back, though.

S~

post #909 of 1693 Old 10-25-2013, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainVideoJW View Post

Call and ask what your signal levels are. Specifically what you're upstream level is, and what the micro reflection level is, and is it out of range.

(877) 896-8678
Comcast X1 Support

Thanks, I'll give it go since I have to call them today but after he pulled the new "big" line from the pole to the house and installed the amp, he said my levels were "prefect & can't get any better. You shouldn't have a single issue."
Quote:
Originally Posted by pschmatz View Post

I have a similar issue as the OP, but just with Live TV: Every 1-2min with there is a glitch, and video/audio drops for about 1sec (even in the menus). It does not happen with recorded shows. As a workaround while watching TV, we skip back a few seconds so the stream comes off the DVR (no glitches here). Initially, I thought it is an HDMI sync issue, but with the DVR working just fine, it must be something else.
Signal level according to the tech is perfect.

Peter

Thanks, Peter, I was just trying to make sure I wasn't alone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnk1 View Post

I have the same problems with audio drops. Reading that it might be HDMI related, I took that out of the equation by connecting the X1 to my Denon 2000 receiver with component video and optical digital audio. Still had some, though the frequency seems to vary from one day to another.

Then I went into my receiver settings and disabled the "Dynamic EQ" and "Dynamic Volume" settings (shown as defined below in the Denon Owners Manual). Someone posted that the audio drops might be coming from the Denon adjusting volume in response to something the X1 box was doing. I then reconnected the X1 to the receiver using HDMI. I have only had it this way for a couple of days, and it is much improved over last week, which was quite bad. I will continue to monitor it and see if this is actually a fix, or if I am crawling around on the floor for nothing....

Definitions of the features I disabled from the Denon manual.
Dynamic EQ
Solves the problem of deteriorating sound quality as volume is decreased by taking into account human perception and room acoustics. Works with MultEQ® XT.

Dynamic Volume
Solves the problem of large variations in volume level between TV, movies and other content (between quiet passages and loud passages, etc.) by automatically adjusting to the user’s preferred volume setting.
Heavy : Most adjustment to softest and loudest sounds.
Medium : Medium adjustment to loudest and softest sound.
Light : Least adjustment to loudest and softest sounds.
Off (Default) : Do not use “Dynamic Volume”.

I have my X1 going through a Yamaha (RX-A720) receiver so I'm going to try this. I thought at one point it may have been the receiver but I doubt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldsonjune View Post

hello all,

audio dropouts is a Comcast thing. I get them on both boxes.

Thank you.
post #910 of 1693 Old 10-25-2013, 01:38 PM
los

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have 2 X1s... Lately, the one in the family room has issues showing shows recorded on the one in the bedroom. It will either get stuck on the 'DVR' gray screen, or they will show video but no sound.

Any thoughts on what might be going on? Anything I can check or fix on my own?

Thanks,

Carlos

Carlos
post #911 of 1693 Old 10-25-2013, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator

About all you can do is a restart.

S~

post #912 of 1693 Old 10-30-2013, 05:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Even though I was beat up here by a hall monitor for asking a simple question, I have learned why I didn't go with the X1. I was offered free install but stuck with my 3416. No freeze ups just works.

These are just my opinions.
post #913 of 1693 Old 10-30-2013, 06:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Just an FYI. I found out that a fix was sent out to restore any recordings that had simply disappeared. I unplugged/plugged in my X1 yesterday and when it came back up, everything that had disappeared was back. A total of about 8 shows dating back to June.
post #914 of 1693 Old 10-30-2013, 09:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 50
This thread has been fairly quiet lately. Seems like some of the problems have been dealt with. I hope this is a sign that Comcast is finally getting it together.
post #915 of 1693 Old 10-30-2013, 09:39 AM
Super Moderator

Not really. Audio is still not correct when watching dvr'd material on the satellite Bo . The reappearing deleted programs issue started again.

S~

post #916 of 1693 Old 10-30-2013, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappaduke View Post

This thread has been fairly quiet lately. Seems like some of the problems have been dealt with. I hope this is a sign that Comcast is finally getting it together.

That was my impression as well. Either it's getting better or people are bailing. As there are still shortages my bet is the former.

Don't flame me, not saying anything is `good' yet, but as a guy with 2 Moto boxes right now (and guide circa 2002) tonight would have been a great night to have 8 tuners...6 scheduled recordings and a 2.5-3 hour Wolves game that overlaps most of the other stuff.
post #917 of 1693 Old 10-30-2013, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post

Not really. Audio is still not correct when watching dvr'd material on the satellite Bo . The reappearing deleted programs issue started again.

S~

Comcast found out what the issue was with shows disappearing on their own, fixed it, and they are now showing back up.
post #918 of 1693 Old 10-30-2013, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator

This is different. This is shows reappearing after you watch and delete.

S~

post #919 of 1693 Old 10-30-2013, 07:08 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappaduke View Post

Ours is working better lately. Scheduled recordings have been happening. The video resolution stays at 1080p like I want it to. The satellite box stays on "surround" sound like I want. The DVR said "error" this morning "call Comcast," but I unplugged it and it was fine after plugging back in. So it is working as reliably as my last DVR was, more or less....until the next thing happens.
post #920 of 1693 Old 10-30-2013, 07:27 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mula1 View Post

Comcast found out what the issue was with shows disappearing on their own, fixed it, and they are now showing back up.

Omg...thanks for telling me! My lost Honey Boo Boo episodes are back! smile.gif I couldn't understand why they slowly started disappearing one by one without me watching them. That and another unmentioned series... smile.gif
post #921 of 1693 Old 10-31-2013, 07:06 AM

Liked: 25
I have to reset my dummy boxes all the time. I have a hub and two dummy boxes. The dummies lock up in a regular basis when trying to forward 30 seconds. It also will restart the dvr recording from beginning sometimes when fast forwarding or skipping ahead 30 seconds.

Marantz AV 8801 Processor
Sunfire Signature Amp 400x7
Oppo DV971H DVD Player
PS3
PS4
Klipsch RF-7
Klispch RS-7
Klipsch RC-7
Sharp Aquos 80; 3D Quattron
Power Sound Audio Triax Subwoofer
post #922 of 1693 Old 10-31-2013, 07:16 AM

And I'm still getting freezing issues, and it's getting worse. It appears people are just sick of complaining for a fix(es) that aren't going to come? And I'm tired of having to wait around 2-4 hours for someone to come out and tell me they fixed it and didn't.
post #923 of 1693 Old 10-31-2013, 07:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcuron View Post

I have to reset my dummy boxes all the time. I have a hub and two dummy boxes. The dummies lock up in a regular basis when trying to forward 30 seconds. It also will restart the dvr recording from beginning sometimes when fast forwarding or skipping ahead 30 seconds.

ABC is known for FF/RW instantly to the end/beginning. Even with old DVRs. Are the channels you are experiencing this on ABC or one of its affiliates?
post #924 of 1693 Old 10-31-2013, 09:36 AM

Liked: 15
Received build 4928 over night. Day before yesterday I received the patch that fixed the issue of the dissapearing recordings. All four came back. X1 is working better than ever now. Very satisfied.

My TV is powered by coal. 
post #925 of 1693 Old 10-31-2013, 10:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJitters View Post

Received build 4928 over night. Day before yesterday I received the patch that fixed the issue of the dissapearing recordings. All four came back. X1 is working better than ever now. Very satisfied.

Do you notice any changes with 4928?
post #926 of 1693 Old 10-31-2013, 12:26 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:

Do you notice any changes with 4928?

No, not really.

My TV is powered by coal. 
post #927 of 1693 Old 10-31-2013, 02:28 PM

Liked: 25
Quote:

ABC is known for FF/RW instantly to the end/beginning. Even with old DVRs. Are the channels you are experiencing this on ABC or one of its affiliates?

This last time was FX Sons of Anarchy. Seems to hep pen on various channels.

Marantz AV 8801 Processor
Sunfire Signature Amp 400x7
Oppo DV971H DVD Player
PS3
PS4
Klipsch RF-7
Klispch RS-7
Klipsch RC-7
Sharp Aquos 80; 3D Quattron
Power Sound Audio Triax Subwoofer
post #928 of 1693 Old 11-01-2013, 06:56 AM
Super Moderator

Well, My X1 box updated to 4928 some time yesterday afternoon. I forced it on the remote box this morning.

1. The Dolby Digital issue when whas not been fixed.watching DVR'd material still has not been fixed.

2. When I exited a DVR'd program on the remote box, the video started flashing. I had to reset the box.

S~

post #929 of 1693 Old 11-02-2013, 05:49 AM
Super Moderator

Well, the bug where shows you have deleted reappear is still there.

S~

post #930 of 1693 Old 11-02-2013, 12:32 PM

My box reverted back to 4915 last night from ver 4928 which I had for a day!

ED
Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page