Official* Xfinity X1 STB Thread - Page 34 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 6Likes

post #991 of 1671 Old 11-22-2013, 05:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
FYI from another forum. Press Exit three times and enter 9896 and the X2 preview is back. However, this did not work for me as I just received Build 5020 overnight so this may be the reason. At any rate, apparently it is working for some so I wanted to share it. smile.gif
KillerCams101 and db00 like this.

My TV is powered by coal. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 1671 Old 11-22-2013, 09:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 141
DD is finally sticking on my remote boxes hooked up to avr with optical cable

FS- Netgear 550 .ISO player - PM me
My Gear-Pioneer, JBL Pro Cinema, Fi Car Audio 4- SP4 18", Peavey IPR2 7500 x 4 -Mini-Dsp 4x10, GIK Acoustics, Seymour Screens 110" AT, Dune Smarts, uNraid Server
Theater Build and Two Sono Sub Builds Here-
post #993 of 1671 Old 11-22-2013, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 129
It still doesn't work when watching DVR'd material on the remote box, though.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #994 of 1671 Old 11-22-2013, 11:14 AM

Liked: 10

Hey donaldsonjune, do you still have the X1 service. I have a couple questions in regards to that. 

post #995 of 1671 Old 11-22-2013, 11:59 AM

Running the X2 demo. The channel guide is worse now. You can see less programs listed at one time. Requires more scrolling.

I wish we could sort saved programs by date with the oldest first. Such a PITA to scroll through the entire Breaking Bad full catalogue which I started this week.
post #996 of 1671 Old 11-22-2013, 12:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Ever since the new FW upgrade this week, I have had several shows either not record, or stay in the "scheduled" list until finished recording and then move over into the "recorded" list.
post #997 of 1671 Old 11-22-2013, 02:55 PM

Liked: 20
I got home from work today and the time on my box said 10:54 my wife said it was on that time at 8:00 this am as well. Turned it on and got snow. I pulled the plug and plugged it back in again, and more snow. But this time I got a different time. (Not the correct time) So I pulled the plug for 10 minutes and tried again. Again the wrong time. I went in the other room and I heard the voices from the tv, It came back on and now had the correct time.
Go figure.
post #998 of 1671 Old 11-22-2013, 03:10 PM

Got the X2 demo to work. Gotta push those buttons just right I guess. smile.gif I love it!! Some don't like only 5 channels on the guide but I do. Matter of taste and opinion I guess.

I really hope Comcast can figure out all the issues with X1 for those that are experiencing problems. This system rocks when it works great.
KillerCams101 likes this.

post #999 of 1671 Old 11-23-2013, 10:43 AM

Called Comcast as all stand alone boxes show exclamation marks and states that DVR may be unplugged, which it is not and seems to be functioning correctly in that room.  Phoned Comcast and spoke with tech support and told that a code that allows the stand alone boxes to play recorded programs was removed and she would connect me with billing to restore code.  Wait online for 10 minutes and agent tells me she is unfamiliar with x1 and would have to transfer me to x1 platform!  Another 15min on hold and tech tells me he understands my frustration but he will have to transfer me to someone else?  After giving my name, address and last four of my social to this 4th technician I explained how frustrating this has become.  He put me on hold for 15 minutes while checking to see if all coding to my DVR were correct and when he came back explained that he would have to escalate it to a tier 2 tech and it could be up to 8 days before it would be corrected.  What a crock of SH@T!  Anyone else have this issue and if so how was it corrected if you know.  I have unplugged and recycled the main box and the stand alone box with no results and they also sent a bullet out to the boxes, again no change.  I guess I'll have to wait and hope that they don't remove all my recorded programs with their fix...

post #1000 of 1671 Old 11-23-2013, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 129
All you have to do is unplug all boxes for about 15 seconds and plug them back in. Happened to me last week.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #1001 of 1671 Old 11-24-2013, 08:05 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by blairhh View Post

Running the X2 demo. The channel guide is worse now. You can see less programs listed at one time. Requires more scrolling.

I wish we could sort saved programs by date with the oldest first. Such a PITA to scroll through the entire Breaking Bad full catalogue which I started this week.

I also tried it and I Don't Like It At All!!!! Once in the guide, mine doesn't not show the small box to watch the channel your on while scrolling!
post #1002 of 1671 Old 11-25-2013, 05:11 AM

Towatch the current channel and scroll through the guide - hi the blue "B" button
post #1003 of 1671 Old 11-25-2013, 06:38 AM
MKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredgto View Post

Called Comcast as all stand alone boxes show exclamation marks and states that DVR may be unplugged, which it is not and seems to be functioning correctly in that room.  Phoned Comcast and spoke with tech support and told that a code that allows the stand alone boxes to play recorded programs was removed and she would connect me with billing to restore code.  Wait online for 10 minutes and agent tells me she is unfamiliar with x1 and would have to transfer me to x1 platform!  Another 15min on hold and tech tells me he understands my frustration but he will have to transfer me to someone else?  After giving my name, address and last four of my social to this 4th technician I explained how frustrating this has become.  He put me on hold for 15 minutes while checking to see if all coding to my DVR were correct and when he came back explained that he would have to escalate it to a tier 2 tech and it could be up to 8 days before it would be corrected.  What a crock of [URL=mailto:SH@T]SH@T[/URL]!  Anyone else have this issue and if so how was it corrected if you know.  I have unplugged and recycled the main box and the stand alone box with no results and they also sent a bullet out to the boxes, again no change.  I guess I'll have to wait and hope that they don't remove all my recorded programs with their fix...

Go to your "manage cable boxes & DVR's" page on your profile. Be sure your "default DVR" is set correctly and that there are not more boxes on this screen than you actually have. If this correct, then change the name of your default DVR and then be sure the old name disappears from your profile. If this does not happen get support to roll a truck and get the onsite guy to get to level 2 support while in your home to get this corrected. In my experience this kind of change can ONLY be made by level 2 support and the only way I have found to get to level 2 is through the onsite techs calling (and even they have to wait on the phone an interminable amount of time) on your behalf. But the issue gets resolved as it is costing Comcast a lot of money to have this guy onsite and tying up level 2 resources. There is an issue with "the boot record" on the server and no amount of recycling on your end will work. Changing the name of default DVR forces the server to re-appropriate the services for your home. Changing out boxes or recycling the power on the current box will not work (been there done that)

Be sure to request a comcast employee be sent to your home and not a contractor.
post #1004 of 1671 Old 11-25-2013, 01:30 PM

Spoke to a csr last night regarding a billing inquiry. I asked about the X2 STB. I did not ask about the X2 software update. He said they recently had a meeting and that it should begin appearing in homes by late February or early March.
post #1005 of 1671 Old 11-25-2013, 02:24 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdfatboy2003 View Post

Towatch the current channel and scroll through the guide - hi the blue "B" button

Thank you!!
post #1006 of 1671 Old 11-27-2013, 06:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Anyone else notice that with the 5025 update, the scheduled items that are currently recording show up in the recordings list AND stay in the scheduled list until finished recording. Just like the old days. I like it.
post #1007 of 1671 Old 11-27-2013, 07:27 AM

I have a bunch of shows scheduled to record on a weekly basis. In the guide, 95% of them don't show up with red markers any more. The ones that do show up red in the guide are the last two or three that I scheduled to record. When I look under the schedule for that day all the shows are listed to record and they do record. Any idea on how to get the red marks back in the guide?
Thanks
post #1008 of 1671 Old 11-27-2013, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhon View Post

I have a bunch of shows scheduled to record on a weekly basis. In the guide, 95% of them don't show up with red markers any more. The ones that do show up red in the guide are the last two or three that I scheduled to record. When I look under the schedule for that day all the shows are listed to record and they do record. Any idea on how to get the red marks back in the guide?
Thanks

Have you tried removing the series recordings and setting them up again? Maybe try it with a few of them first and see if anything changes.
post #1009 of 1671 Old 11-27-2013, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mula1 View Post

Have you tried removing the series recordings and setting them up again? Maybe try it with a few of them first and see if anything changes.

No, I am lazy and I am hoping that the tags will just magically appear again. I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem?
post #1010 of 1671 Old 11-28-2013, 05:26 PM

Liked: 25
I was optimistic about X2 but not sure since I checked it out a couple days ago. If you want a sneak peak try the following sequence : exit, exit,exit 9896. It will update you to X2. Once you are done playing hit the same sequence again and it will go back to X1.
CaptainVideoJW likes this.

Marantz AV 8801 Processor
Sunfire Signature Amp 400x7
Oppo DV971H DVD Player
PS3
PS4
Klipsch RF-7
Klispch RS-7
Klipsch RC-7
Sharp Aquos 80; 3D Quattron
Power Sound Audio Triax Subwoofer
post #1011 of 1671 Old 11-28-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcuron View Post

I was optimistic about X2 but not sure since I checked it out a couple days ago. If you want a sneak peak try the following sequence : exit, exit,exit 9698. It will update you to X2. Once you are done playing hit the same sequence again and it will go back to X1.

Once you do the exit>exit sequence to go back to X1 go to Settings>preferences>guide version and you can toggle between the two guides from now on. Easier for me as my fingers had a had time getting the sequence right. smile.gif

post #1012 of 1671 Old 11-28-2013, 05:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcuron View Post

I was optimistic about X2 but not sure since I checked it out a couple days ago. If you want a sneak peak try the following sequence : exit, exit,exit 9698. It will update you to X2. Once you are done playing hit the same sequence again and it will go back to X1.

post #1013 of 1671 Old 11-30-2013, 09:17 AM

What we are really sampling in X2 is part of the new user interface. .I watched the you tube presentation by the CEO of Comcast and there was more to it than we are playing with. I think the problems that we are experiencing, and they are less frequent these days, will be mostly ironed out by the full X2 release. Just my 2 cents! My bill will increase about $6.00 bucks about 3% if I deciphered the new prices correctly.

ED
post #1014 of 1671 Old 11-30-2013, 10:42 AM

Could anyone tell me the height, width and depth of the X1 box? Can't seem to find it on the Web or in this forum, using the search feature.....
post #1015 of 1671 Old 12-01-2013, 08:55 AM
Gov
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkdawg View Post

Could anyone tell me the height, width and depth of the X1 box? Can't seem to find it on the Web or in this forum, using the search feature.....

Roughly 2.25H X 9.75D X 13.75W

Panny TC-P65VT60 (calibrated by Chad B), Denon AVR-4311, Comcast X1 DVR, Apple TV 3, Sony BDP-S5100,  Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers (mains), Horizon (CC) and HTM-200's (Surr), Dual PSA XV15 Subwoofers!!
post #1016 of 1671 Old 12-01-2013, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citico View Post

What we are really sampling in X2 is part of the new user interface. .I watched the you tube presentation by the CEO of Comcast and there was more to it than we are playing with. I think the problems that we are experiencing, and they are less frequent these days, will be mostly ironed out by the full X2 release. Just my 2 cents! My bill will increase about $6.00 bucks about 3% if I deciphered the new prices correctly.

Correct. It is my understanding that the full monty version will have a customizable home dashboard which we are not seeing right now with the preview either. Of course, the remote server extra 500GB storage is another major omission as well.

post #1017 of 1671 Old 12-01-2013, 03:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 141
I am having, and have had since day one of install, a problem where the HDMI handshake is initialized every 20-25 seconds after an audio source change.

The audio source change could be because I switched to a channel outputting stereo from a channel that was outputting 5.1 DD, or vice versa.

The audio does not dropout during the re-initialization of the HDMI handshake, but the picture does.... of course.

The tech swapped out the box on the day of install, not knowing what the problem was at the time. Comcast tech support is of no help.

Current setup is x1 main brain box > Pioneer receiver > BenQ projector.

Anyone else experience this or have info of others who have? I'm about ready to get the old equipment back, but I'd rather not if at all avoidable.

FS- Netgear 550 .ISO player - PM me
My Gear-Pioneer, JBL Pro Cinema, Fi Car Audio 4- SP4 18", Peavey IPR2 7500 x 4 -Mini-Dsp 4x10, GIK Acoustics, Seymour Screens 110" AT, Dune Smarts, uNraid Server
Theater Build and Two Sono Sub Builds Here-
post #1018 of 1671 Old 12-01-2013, 06:24 PM

Today I had the following:
  • numerous failed attempts to set a recording for noon CST to record the football game from my iPhone app
  • numerous failed attempts to set the same recording from the X1 on screen menu
  • just before gametime, the on screen DVR menu showed the program as ready to record - and it did, but the red recording light did not go on until about 5 minutes after the recording started
post #1019 of 1671 Old 12-02-2013, 03:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredgto View Post

Called Comcast as all stand alone boxes show exclamation marks and states that DVR may be unplugged, which it is not and seems to be functioning correctly in that room.  Phoned Comcast and spoke with tech support and told that a code that allows the stand alone boxes to play recorded programs was removed and she would connect me with billing to restore code.  Wait online for 10 minutes and agent tells me she is unfamiliar with x1 and would have to transfer me to x1 platform!  Another 15min on hold and tech tells me he understands my frustration but he will have to transfer me to someone else?  After giving my name, address and last four of my social to this 4th technician I explained how frustrating this has become.  He put me on hold for 15 minutes while checking to see if all coding to my DVR were correct and when he came back explained that he would have to escalate it to a tier 2 tech and it could be up to 8 days before it would be corrected.  What a crock of [URL=mailto:SH@T]SH@T[/URL]!  Anyone else have this issue and if so how was it corrected if you know.  I have unplugged and recycled the main box and the stand alone box with no results and they also sent a bullet out to the boxes, again no change.  I guess I'll have to wait and hope that they don't remove all my recorded programs with their fix...

I had an issue with my moms terminal/remote/satellite box not getting anything but basic cable. The main box was fine. I called and spoke to 3 techs. and at least 2 billing folks. Got bounced around like you did. Finally I got frustrated and demanded a tech. come out since they were getting nowhere. I even spoke to the X1 techs and nobody could figure it out. I had rebooted the box twice and they had me do it again twice also. They were supposed to come Sunday (I was there and called on a Friday). My mom got a call that a tech. could come Saturday. He did not even come in the house or as far as I know go near her house. Once he heard what the problem was he just had her reboot the box and it worked. I think the tech. that installed did not complete for that box and also did not check it for those channels. It was a contractor so that explains all. I still haven't gone back to X1 (can't say I was ever on it for any length of time). I have played with my mom's and scheduled up some various recordings remotely but haven't got much time in front of it. Odd thing is that she had just digital starter cable and when she upgraded she now has everything (Provo Utah and they are trying to shut Google Fiber down with deals). When I get into her account online it does not show she has Internet, but she has it and also their new wireless service). I still have my X1 equip and they are charging me $2.50 a month extra for the inactive equipment, but that is cheeper than paying the install and upgrade costs if and when I get brave enough to try it again.
post #1020 of 1671 Old 12-02-2013, 06:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnk1 View Post

Today I had the following:
  • numerous failed attempts to set a recording for noon CST to record the football game from my iPhone app
  • numerous failed attempts to set the same recording from the X1 on screen menu
  • just before gametime, the on screen DVR menu showed the program as ready to record - and it did, but the red recording light did not go on until about 5 minutes after the recording started
Recording with X1 can be a real pain. One thing I've learned is to ignore the recording light. That light seems to have a mind of its own. Ive set recordings and the que doesn't show it but it still records with or without the light. So I just set it and forget it. Now I don't like having to do it this way but it has been working. I'm in the Philly area.
Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page