1Likes

post #1261 of 1621 Old 02-12-2014, 04:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzGuyy View Post

Unfortunately there isn't at this time with the standard remote and GUI. A major annoyance. You may be able to do it with the smartphone app. I haven't tried that.

Bring up the guide and hit FF to advance 24hrs & REW to go back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1262 of 1621 Old 02-12-2014, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muslenutz View Post

So randomly my Yamaha switches from dolby digital to pcm and sometimes just dolby pro logic. It does this only on the xfinity x1 hook up thru any hdmi port. I have to go into the x1 menu and select stereo, then select surround and it goes back to dolby digital. Is anyone else experiences this issue?

Yes
post #1263 of 1621 Old 02-13-2014, 04:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegaudiello View Post

Bring up the guide and hit FF to advance 24hrs & REW to go back.
Yes. I saw where this capability was recently added. It's about time. Next I want to be able to select a specific date. wink.gifwink.gif

post #1264 of 1621 Old 02-13-2014, 10:19 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzGuyy View Post

Yes. I saw where this capability was recently added. It's about time. Next I want to be able to select a specific date. wink.gifwink.gif

You can do this via the XFinity smartphone App, if that helps.
post #1265 of 1621 Old 02-13-2014, 12:10 PM

I changed to the new guide and I noticed on the satellite boxes, when you press the guide button twice, the menu that comes up to allow you to filter you view is displayed over the guide, making it illegible. On the main box, when you press guide twice, the guide goes black while the sub menu is available. Has anyone else noticed this?
post #1266 of 1621 Old 02-13-2014, 07:16 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by edlow View Post

I changed to the new guide and I noticed on the satellite boxes, when you press the guide button twice, the menu that comes up to allow you to filter you view is displayed over the guide, making it illegible. On the main box, when you press guide twice, the guide goes black while the sub menu is available. Has anyone else noticed this?

Yes, mine is currently doing this too. It worked correctly on the satellite boxes previously too, IIRC.
post #1267 of 1621 Old 02-14-2014, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billmich View Post

Anyone know a link so I "could" go back to the old guide if I wanted to?

I read somewhere that keying the following "exit, exit, exit, 9896" on the remote will allow you to go back to the old guide.

Just tried it on the main hub and the slave boxes - it works.

Pete
post #1268 of 1621 Old 02-15-2014, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 31
How is it determined what is recently deleted on your DVR?

Is it within a certain timeframe or does it only do a certain number?
post #1269 of 1621 Old 02-15-2014, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mula1 View Post

I had the 24 hour advance while in X1 format for about 2 days, then it went away. I had to change to X2 format to get the 24 hour advance back.

We're still stuck with X1. I'm desperately hoping X2 doesn't suck nearly as bad. But we've now lost this ability to forward 24 hours. It was always there and now it's gone. So it's officially impossible to use the browser. It's one thing to fast forward through your filtered channels (during primetime), but if you have to move hour by hour with this laggy POS, it literally would take 5 hours to go through the next week of programs to make sure you haven't missed anything.

if anything is going to make me throw all the cable boxes in the garbage and ditch this non-sense, Comcast may have finally found the ticket. I can't believe they're about to own the entire cable market in the US. I'm not even sure AT&T was this awful during their heyday. And I pity the Time Warner guys who are about to get assimilated. Cause when AT&T cable sold their cable holdings to TW and Comcast, we were involved in a trade. Time Warner traded our territory to Comcast as part of that old mega deal. So I know what it's like to have to go from TW to Comcast. It really does stink.
post #1270 of 1621 Old 02-15-2014, 02:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul33993 View Post

We're still stuck with X1. I'm desperately hoping X2 doesn't suck nearly as bad. But we've now lost this ability to forward 24 hours. It was always there and now it's gone. So it's officially impossible to use the browser. It's one thing to fast forward through your filtered channels (during primetime), but if you have to move hour by hour with this laggy POS, it literally would take 5 hours to go through the next week of programs to make sure you haven't missed anything.

if anything is going to make me throw all the cable boxes in the garbage and ditch this non-sense, Comcast may have finally found the ticket. I can't believe they're about to own the entire cable market in the US. I'm not even sure AT&T was this awful during their heyday. And I pity the Time Warner guys who are about to get assimilated. Cause when AT&T cable sold their cable holdings to TW and Comcast, we were involved in a trade. Time Warner traded our territory to Comcast as part of that old mega deal. So I know what it's like to have to go from TW to Comcast. It really does stink.

A better work around until you get the 24 hour advance back is to do this... If you right arrow once to get the mini guide, then tune into the channel you want to view, you can page down and get to the next day much quicker then using the main guide to go hour by hour.
post #1271 of 1621 Old 02-15-2014, 08:05 PM

Recently had X1 box installed. Quickly realized could access On Demand but had no option to watch anything. Call tech support and they could not fix the problem. The next day a technician came to the house and determined box was at fault. Replaced with new box which solved the problem. However he left without any doing any paperwork. Thought nothing of it until I went online and noticed there were two DVR listed in DVR Manager. It showed I had two sets of the same scheduled recording since I had set up a number of them on the first box. Thinking they had made a mistake I called and they assured me that I was only down for one box. However after numerous phone calls no one seems able to remove the original X1 from showing up in the DVR manager. Not the end of the world but still a little bit of a pain. However last night when recording a couple of shows I got a message it was unable to record shows on the original X1. It did record the shows on the replacement X1. I have a nasty feeling they at some point are going to tell me I have two DVRs, considering I never received paperwork stating they had swapped the two DVRs. I am at a loss as to how to correct this situation since everyone I talk to at comcast says they can not remove it. Does anyone have any ideas? Also had there been any solution to the video resolution reset problem? Thanks
post #1272 of 1621 Old 02-16-2014, 07:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvthekeys View Post

Recently had X1 box installed. Quickly realized could access On Demand but had no option to watch anything. Call tech support and they could not fix the problem. The next day a technician came to the house and determined box was at fault. Replaced with new box which solved the problem. However he left without any doing any paperwork. Thought nothing of it until I went online and noticed there were two DVR listed in DVR Manager. It showed I had two sets of the same scheduled recording since I had set up a number of them on the first box. Thinking they had made a mistake I called and they assured me that I was only down for one box. However after numerous phone calls no one seems able to remove the original X1 from showing up in the DVR manager. Not the end of the world but still a little bit of a pain. However last night when recording a couple of shows I got a message it was unable to record shows on the original X1. It did record the shows on the replacement X1. I have a nasty feeling they at some point are going to tell me I have two DVRs, considering I never received paperwork stating they had swapped the two DVRs. I am at a loss as to how to correct this situation since everyone I talk to at comcast says they can not remove it. Does anyone have any ideas? Also had there been any solution to the video resolution reset problem? Thanks
When I've had box swaps, they usually drop out of the system
after a while. Days, weeks...
post #1273 of 1621 Old 02-16-2014, 08:31 AM

Thanks for your reply. Hope you are right. As to the video settings not holding, It appears that if I do not shut off the box the video setting sticks. Seems incredulous that shutting the box off would reset some of the settings.
post #1274 of 1621 Old 02-16-2014, 01:48 PM

Are there going to be new boxes for the x2 rollout? Just wondering if I should wait a couple months to signup or if I would be fine going ahead and getting x1 now. Don't want to sign up then find out there are new boxes two weeks later that I can't get.
post #1275 of 1621 Old 02-16-2014, 03:01 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh123 View Post

Are there going to be new boxes for the x2 rollout? Just wondering if I should wait a couple months to signup or if I would be fine going ahead and getting x1 now. Don't want to sign up then find out there are new boxes two weeks later that I can't get.

Not really for the real X2. The Xi3 IP client only boxes many have seen on the YouTube video will work with the XG5 Media Gateway Server. The XG5 server is headless so it can be mounted anywhere. It will be capable of streaming directly to a smart TV. If you do not have a smart TV then the Xi3 box will be needed to send the signal to the TV.

No word as yet that I know of when the full monty X2 and the cloud streaming features will be rolled out. Not soon I would imagine.

Cheers.

My TV is powered by coal. 
post #1276 of 1621 Old 02-16-2014, 08:42 PM

I just switched from xfinity to uverse 300 because of the whole house dvr. and wireless dvr.
You can schedule and watch a recording in any room AND also pause and replay live tv from any room. And record and or watch 4 different programs at once and also do a picture in picture. Wireless to move the tv outside in the summer. It can also keep my program watching in thebackround while I am searching on demand which xfinity did not do - I know because I accidently hit several times because of the configuration of the remote, "on demand" instead of rewind and then lost the program I was watching (reverted to current time, even though I may have been behind 20 minutes)

I have more movie channels for the same price as the regular xfinity (starz, showtime, showtime unlimited, move channel. encore movie package, FLix, )
HBO is extra and Hallmark channel is not contracted with them.(boo)

Just found out after the fact about X1 How does it compare to uverse

Also important to me and my dad is the ability to record to a DVD/VCR recorder. I could do this with xfinity non X! but so far not with uverse- still working on if there is a block or I have it set up wrong. Can you record to a dvd recorder with X1- It is useful when traveling , in hosp etc to throw the disc into a portable dvd player or outside in the summer

I am in my first trial month with uverse so I can swich back and hopefully get a better deal with xfinity then I had, went up another $20 so more then uverse now with less recording options- at least the traditional xfinity If X1 would be better

PS Thanks to Joshua for his 6-27-13 screen shot post, It was helpful
post #1277 of 1621 Old 02-17-2014, 05:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

How is it determined what is recently deleted on your DVR?

Is it within a certain timeframe or does it only do a certain number?

If I understand your question correctly, I think once you delete a show, it stays in the "recently deleted" folder until you clear it.
post #1278 of 1621 Old 02-17-2014, 11:57 AM

The more I get with my X1 the more I can't stand it.

Running the X2 preview. I set a series recording for 2 shows via the iPad app. Made sure to record the HD channel only. Nope. Every time it records, even if the DVR says it will record the HD channel, it records the SD channel.

I don't see an option to cancel a series recording in the X2 preview. So I do so via the iPad app. I attempt to record the series via the X1 itself. I do so, it records the SD channel yet again. I've shut off the power and repowered. Makes no difference. Thankfully both shows have limited runs.

I've also been getting stuck on screens with no solution in sight. I'll look into more info on a program and I can't exit out no matter how long I wait. Buggy as hell. Just awful.

Remote might be the worst I've ever used. No exaggeration. The buttons are so poorly laid out. Sometimes I hit exit instead of RW and vice versa. Drives me nuts.

Hitting last means I have to hit ok confirm before it goes back. This drives me nuts.

I enjoy my HD STB's in my other rooms more. Sure, their blue UI is dated but at least those things run relatively smoothly. X1 is a joke in comparison.

I'm basically banking everything on the X2 IP-only Xi3 set-top box. If that doesn't solve my issues then I don't know what I will do. Perhaps look into a TIVO. I don't know.
post #1279 of 1621 Old 02-18-2014, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:

If I understand your question correctly, I think once you delete a show, it stays in the "recently deleted" folder until you clear it.

It appears on my box that items are being deleted from my recently deleted folder without me taking any action on it

That is just my observation
post #1280 of 1621 Old 02-18-2014, 11:30 AM

Liked: 18
Quote:

It appears on my box that items are being deleted from my recently deleted folder without me taking any action on it

That is just my observation

Our recordings don't even make it into the deleted folder, they just magically disappear. The only rhyme or reason I can see is the shows that get deleted are available onDemand. I did once have them come back as others have after a reboot, but no luck lately. I've been procrastinating calling support because all I can see them doing is a box hit or a truck roll to replace it and I don't have time right now.

If this would stop happening, I think I would finally find the X1 service acceptable but for now it's still a fail......
post #1281 of 1621 Old 02-18-2014, 02:57 PM

I was scheduled for the installation of the X1 platform yesterday but I found this thread early enough to cancel the appointment.

Right now,  my system and current DVR is working fine so if I "upgraded" to X1 and ended up with the bugs mentioned above,  I'd kick myself in the rear.

As with some others,  I think I'll wait awhile until the platform is not so buggy and everyone is raving about it.  Considering the price of Comcast, the last thing I need is to fix something that ain't broke.

Thank you all for you comments in this thread.   I believe it saved me some huge headaches!

post #1282 of 1621 Old 02-18-2014, 03:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAT1 View Post

I was scheduled for the installation of the X1 platform yesterday but I found this thread early enough to cancel the appointment.

Right now,  my system and current DVR is working fine so if I "upgraded" to X1 and ended up with the bugs mentioned above,  I'd kick myself in the rear.

As with some others,  I think I'll wait awhile until the platform is not so buggy and everyone is raving about it.  Considering the price of Comcast, the last thing I need is to fix something that ain't broke.

Thank you all for you comments in this thread.   I believe it saved me some huge headaches!

A majority of the bugs mention throughout this thread have been fixed. Mine is working just as good as the old Motorola box I had. Actually better because of the added cool stuff the X1 does.
post #1283 of 1621 Old 02-18-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:

A majority of the bugs mention throughout this thread have been fixed. Mine is working just as good as the old Motorola box I had. Actually better because of the added cool stuff the X1 does.

I agree. It gets better as we go along. Mine is very stable at this point. The new interface is much better than the old one. I wish Comcast would give us a PDF file on all the inter workings and short cuts of the new interface.

ED
post #1284 of 1621 Old 02-18-2014, 05:42 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by citico View Post

I agree. It gets better as we go along. Mine is very stable at this point. The new interface is much better than the old one. I wish Comcast would give us a PDF file on all the inter workings and short cuts of the new interface.
Being an early adopter of X1 I went through most of the bugs. At this point, I would say it is working quite well in the Philly area. A decent PDF manual would be a huge help though. If this thread didn't exist, I would have struggled quite a bit more. In the beginning I wondered why I signed on so early, now I'm glad I did. I no longer wish to go back to the old platform. Now if comcast an I can lower my monthly payment. I don't want to pay for their new building and merger.
post #1285 of 1621 Old 02-18-2014, 09:28 PM

New to this site. But just got the X1 installed on Saturday. And I have a major pain of an issue. On my terminal in the master bedroom we have an issue where the remote will no longer function. After an hour or so of no use, coming back to use it the buttons on the remote such as the xfinity button or guide button will not work. While the green remote light will light up as if it sees it. But nothing shows up on the screen. I had a tech come by and he said he never seen it before. But didn't have a replacement. So I took it into the "comcast center" and they said they don't have any on hand. So now I'm stuck with this POS! The only way to get the buttons to work is pull the power plug and then wait for it to boot back up after plugging it back in. Then it happens again when we stop watching for longer than 30 mins. What makes it even odder is while the tech was here. He could punch in the key combo to get to the DVR by memory and it would switch to that program. It's like the buttons are working but since the xfinity menu nor guide come up. You can't see what you are selecting. Any one seen this? I fear it's not very common. So will be hard to fix.
post #1286 of 1621 Old 02-20-2014, 10:51 AM

Hi All,
I'm confused about one thing with this DVR. Under äspect ratio" there is an option for 1080P 30 & 1080P 60.
I assume the P means progressive scan. If that's the case, the reason I'm confused is I thought cable wasn't capable of receiving the 1080 P signal and that can only be obtaned by blu-ray or steaming online.
Can anyone explain what the 1080 P 30 & 1080 P 60 options mean and if they are useful on a cable box that can't carry 1080 P signals?
Thanks in advance.
Gary
post #1287 of 1621 Old 02-20-2014, 11:01 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary50 View Post

Hi All,
I'm confused about one thing with this DVR. Under äspect ratio" there is an option for 1080P 30 & 1080P 60.
I assume the P means progressive scan. If that's the case, the reason I'm confused is I thought cable wasn't capable of receiving the 1080 P signal and that can only be obtaned by blu-ray or steaming online.
Can anyone explain what the 1080 P 30 & 1080 P 60 options mean and if they are useful on a cable box that can't carry 1080 P signals?
Thanks in advance.
Gary

This is the signal that is feed to the TV not what the cable box is capable of receiving. So if your TV is capable of 1080P 60 for (P is for progressive) then set it for that value. The cable box with de interlace the 1080i or up convert 720P to the resolution that you selected.
post #1288 of 1621 Old 02-20-2014, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rare-air View Post

This is the signal that is feed to the TV not what the cable box is capable of receiving. So if your TV is capable of 1080P 60 for progressive then set it for that value. The cable box with de interlace the 1080i or up convert 720P to the resolution that you selected.

Thank you. That makes sense.

The only question I have then is whether I should set it to P30 or P60. I assume 60 is better than 30? I know my TV is cable of 60 frames as it shows on the display as 1080 X 60.
Shoud I be setting it to 1080 P60?

Thanks again.
post #1289 of 1621 Old 02-20-2014, 11:19 AM

Liked: 14
Yes set it to 1080P60 for most modern 1080P TV's. I believe that is from the older ATSC standard.
post #1290 of 1621 Old 02-20-2014, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvthekeys View Post

I have the same problem. I just had the box installed and everything seemed to be working fine. But I found I could only record or favorite OnDemand shows. I'm not able to actually watch an episode. Comcast is sending on tech to my house this weekend to fix it. I guess ths problem is somewhat common.

I'll make sure to get the paperwork so I don't have your problem as well.
Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page