Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldsonjune View Post

hello all,

i'm going to FIOS done with X1:mad:
The price when up $30 and they wouldn't work with us.
Don't blame you, but did you try calling back and talking to a different person. I know it's ridiculous, but you have to play the game, or just leave like you are doing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1352 of 1690 Old 03-27-2014, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
thanks papaduke,

how's long did you make the switch? also how the experience?

June
"IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"
post #1353 of 1690 Old 03-27-2014, 01:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

thanks papaduke,

how's long did you make the switch? also how the experience?
I didn't make the switch, I just called back and got a different customer support person on the line. Finally got someone to agree to leave things the same. No step up, but ALS no step down. Unfortunately Fios is not in my area and a dish is a no go because of trees so I'm forced to play the game.
post #1354 of 1690 Old 03-27-2014, 09:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just got the X1 install today. It worked fine when they installed it. When I got home, the box kept freezing and it didn't fully record any of the shows tonight. It has also rebooted itself about 7 times while I've tried to do stuff. I sure hope that this is just a first day problem.
post #1355 of 1690 Old 03-28-2014, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mula1 View Post

You may not have had the need to do a manual recording, so you hadn't looked for this, but it has been on every DVR I have used since the very first TVIO series 1. Anyway, to address the OP, you can bring up the main guide, then scroll all the way to the left and get the channel logo highlighted. Click there, and it will bring up manual recording options.

I am fully aware of this feature, but I am limited to a 5 hour recording time, I am in need of being able to set an "end time" possibly 8-10 hours after the start time
post #1356 of 1690 Old 03-28-2014, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

hello all,

i'm have 7 days left with the X1 service. the audio dropouts are getting worse!

June
"IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"
post #1357 of 1690 Old 03-28-2014, 11:24 PM
Gov
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:

hello all,

i'm have 7 days left with the X1 service. the audio dropouts are getting worse!

Find an Arris STB and no more audio drop outs!

Panny TC-P65VT60 (calibrated by Chad B), Denon AVR-4311, Comcast X1 DVR, Apple TV 3, Sony BDP-S5100,  Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers (mains), Horizon (CC) and HTM-200's (Surr), Dual PSA XV15 Subwoofers!!
post #1358 of 1690 Old 03-29-2014, 10:45 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I currently subscribe to tv and internet only. I also have my own modem. I called to inquire about the X1 and they told me if I ordered their security package or phone service I could get the X1. PLlus I would need to use their modem. If I didn't no way no how. My wireless service sucks where I live and the power goes out from time to time so am dependent on Century Link for my landline home phone. I wonder if they will ever make the X1or 2 available to those who don't want their "triple play"? Doubt it. Ok I'm done venting. :-)
post #1359 of 1690 Old 03-29-2014, 11:05 AM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by nordster View Post

I currently subscribe to tv and internet only. I also have my own modem. I called to inquire about the X1 and they told me if I ordered their security package or phone service I could get the X1. PLlus I would need to use their modem. If I didn't no way no how. My wireless service sucks where I live and the power goes out from time to time so am dependent on Century Link for my landline home phone. I wonder if they will ever make the X1or 2 available to those who don't want their "triple play"? Doubt it. Ok I'm done venting. :-)

Of course they will make it available to single and double play customers at some point, but not now. Why, because demand is high for X1 and Comcast's churn rate is way down because of X1. When things level off, churn increases, the business incentive will be there for them to open this up to more subscribers. Right now there is also no incentive for them to fix the audio dropout issue on the green ring Pace boxes and the nagging remote lag issue. These however are not a good business model, but they lose no sleep over it.

My TV is powered by coal. 
post #1360 of 1690 Old 03-29-2014, 12:34 PM

Hello All,

Just joined the site looking for some answers before I contact Comcast. I had X1 delivered and installed 5 days ago, cable TV, on-demand, apps, etc. all work fine and I am happy with that portion. What I'm not at all happy about is that it seemingly has destroyed my broadband internet capabilities. Before X1, Netflix, Amazon Prime etal streamed perfectly with NO buffering whatsoever. Also, bb internet was awesome with websites loading immediately. Since X1, Netflix, AP are worthless!! Constant buffering until system warning stating not enough data stream, etc....and internet now works about as well as a dial-up from 1997. Has anyone else experienced this dropoff??? And if so, has Comcast addressed the issue?? Thank you in advance for any information!

post #1361 of 1690 Old 03-29-2014, 06:19 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
No internet problems here in Washington State. I don't think the X1 is a very intense user of internet resources, so I can't imagine why your internet is degraded. Try rebooting your cable modem and your router and see if that helps.
post #1362 of 1690 Old 03-30-2014, 05:48 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 131
No problems in CA.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #1363 of 1690 Old 03-30-2014, 05:04 PM

PTI has vanished from my DVR. Nothing from the show is listed under scheduled recordings moving forward. When I go to look for the show in the guide it has completely disappeared. It leaps from Around The Horn to SportsCenter. This is absolutely bizarre.

I can search for the show manually, and it does show it still set as one of my series recordings. But nothing is listed. I went ahead and deleted the series recording and re-added it and nothing has changed. Still gone from anywhere to be found.

I'm running the latest update and I unplug my X1 and plug it back in every morning. WTF???????
post #1364 of 1690 Old 03-30-2014, 08:07 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I had such high hopes for the X1 platform and my current HD DVR is starting to get long in the tooth and I was going to go with X1. After seeing all the issues here and on Comcast's own forum I think I will just swap out this box out for another non- X1.

Guess it's still not ready for prime time even a year later! mad.gif

Quick Reference of Forum Rules
1) Do Not post pricing you found on-line or at a local dealer UNLESS IN A DEALS THREAD.
2) Do Not ask for, or offer, a receipt so people can price match.
3) Do Not say to "Call John Smith at ..." (you know what I mean)
4) Do Not put down someone else's choice in...

post #1365 of 1690 Old 03-31-2014, 06:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Compared to where it was even a few months ago, it is vastly improved. Is it perfect yet? No, but I wouldn't go back to the old Motorola DVRs they had in my market. They still need to fix some problems but I find the X1 pretty usable and satisfactory most of the time. Part of the problem seems to be that its performance isn't the same in every market.

post #1366 of 1690 Old 03-31-2014, 06:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:

All dependent on location. In the Philadelphia area, no triple play required.
post #1367 of 1690 Old 03-31-2014, 06:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrybud View Post

I had such high hopes for the X1 platform and my current HD DVR is starting to get long in the tooth and I was going to go with X1. After seeing all the issues here and on Comcast's own forum I think I will just swap out this box out for another non- X1.

Guess it's still not ready for prime time even a year later! mad.gif
If you're looking for an issue free platform, stay away from X1. But as Jazzyguyy just stated, X1 has been fixed for the most part. I do get the occasional audio dropout (they need to fix this), but after a couple of month of problems after my installation I am almost totally happy and I wouldn't go back to the old boxes.
Gabatta likes this.
post #1368 of 1690 Old 03-31-2014, 09:11 AM

My newest issue is the previous channel pop up menu gets stuck on the screen and will not go away until the box is restarted.
post #1369 of 1690 Old 03-31-2014, 10:06 AM

PTI has now returned however it is set to record on every channel. (HD, SD, ESPN 2, ESPN News.) There is no way to change this on my X1. No option to select 'this channel only'. I had to use my iOS Xfinity app to find this setting and change it. And for now it's not reflected on my X1.

Any news on the Xi3???
post #1370 of 1690 Old 03-31-2014, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
If I want to see what is on the particular channel 3 days from now I know how to get there

However if I enter a different channel on the guide to investigate, it actually returns me to the current day and then I have to move forward three days again

This is very annoying and was not a problem on the previous DVR box
post #1371 of 1690 Old 03-31-2014, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billmich View Post

If I want to see what is on the particular channel 3 days from now I know how to get there

However if I enter a different channel on the guide to investigate, it actually returns me to the current day and then I have to move forward three days again

This is very annoying and was not a problem on the previous DVR box

This was not an issue when the 24 hour advance first came to be on the X1 platform. Some recent software change must have messed this up.
post #1372 of 1690 Old 03-31-2014, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blairhh View Post

PTI has now returned however it is set to record on every channel. (HD, SD, ESPN 2, ESPN News.) There is no way to change this on my X1. No option to select 'this channel only'. I had to use my iOS Xfinity app to find this setting and change it. And for now it's not reflected on my X1.

Any news on the Xi3???

How are you setting the recording on the X1? I believe if you set it from the guide instead of mini-guide or search, it will give you the "this channel only" option. If not, then one of those methods will give you the option while the other 2 will not.
post #1373 of 1690 Old 03-31-2014, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mula1 View Post

How are you setting the recording on the X1? I believe if you set it from the guide instead of mini-guide or search, it will give you the "this channel only" option. If not, then one of those methods will give you the option while the other 2 will not.

What exactly do you mean by mini-guide?

The option for 'this channel only' has now appeared when I try to record PTI in my guide. I was trying with the guide originally and for some reason said option was not available to me.

Has anybody here ditched their X1 for a Tivo?
post #1374 of 1690 Old 03-31-2014, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman80 View Post

Just got the x1 dvr and 2 non dvr boxes. I can't get my boxes in the bedrooms to bring up my dvr programs that are on the dvr in my living room. It still has the old guide on it and when I press dvr on the remote it says service not available and call comcast. How does the whole house dvr work then???

Having the same issue, although i don't have old guide in BR. Mine was installed 2 days ago. Can't get the recorded shows from living room to play in BR. Anyone have a fix? Waiting for a callback from "Level 2" support tomorrow night after work.
post #1375 of 1690 Old 03-31-2014, 08:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blairhh View Post

What exactly do you mean by mini-guide?

The option for 'this channel only' has now appeared when I try to record PTI in my guide. I was trying with the guide originally and for some reason said option was not available to me.

Has anybody here ditched their X1 for a Tivo?

Pressing the right arrow once, brings up the mini-guide on the right hand side.
post #1376 of 1690 Old 04-01-2014, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Quote:

you do not have to use their modem. you can buy your own and use it (after you get it activated). I'll note that if you search online for "comcast personal own modem", you'll find LOTS of issues. common ones are: monthly rental fee reappearing on your bill month after month, deletion of your modem's MAC info frequently, etc... so if you go that route, be prepared for a battle/issues?

To buy a gateway (that includes internet and digitial phone) check out this site, http://stores.ownyourcablemodem.com/

to see what modems comcast will support: http://mydeviceinfo.comcast.net/

note that the ownyourcablemodem site does sell the technicolor modems comcast deploys in my area for internet+phone, so you can buy the same equipment comcast deploys... I bought an arris tg862g for my friends to replace the comcast leased technicolor 8305c, and the arris was very fussy about signal levels and wouldn't stay connected reliably. they ultimately went back to the comcast leased technicolor. I would have bought them the technicolor, but it wasn't available when I bought the arris. they are older retired folks and couldn't handle the connection instability...

Best,
jeff
post #1377 of 1690 Old 04-01-2014, 06:51 PM

Liked: 14
Looking for a little info from the X1 experienced:

I currently have a 2 DVR setup and have a scheduled appt. this Saturday to upgrade to X1 with four tv setup.

Q1: If recording 4 shows, I know that I can watch 1 other show. But can I watch 1 other different show on each of the receivers? Ex. If recording channels 2, 3, 4, 5 - can receiver A watch channel 6 while receiver B watches channel 7, and 8 on C, etc?

Q2: I currently have a slingbox connected to 1 of my DVRs. Can I have the slingbox connected to one of the "sub" receivers in an X1 setup?

Thanks for the help!
post #1378 of 1690 Old 04-01-2014, 07:28 PM

Thank you for the response. I purchased a Motorola last year. No glitches so far but I must say when I contacted Comcast to activate it they were pretty standoffish. But that's ok. Customer service is not #1 on their list. Thanks again.
Andy
post #1379 of 1690 Old 04-02-2014, 11:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:

Thank you for the response. I purchased a Motorola last year. No glitches so far but I must say when I contacted Comcast to activate it they were pretty standoffish. But that's ok. Customer service is not #1 on their list. Thanks again.
Andy
My son called for internet connection help. Went over and saw modem wasn't syncing. It was an old Motorola modem of 10 years age. He has been paying for the High Speed Internet. All his neighbors are getting high speed but my son has very small footprint on the network. We had to drive 10 miles because Comcast has closed several offices locally. We get there and have to pull a number (20 in front of us). Wait till our turn (45 minutes) and the lady yelled out "Marty look at this! We haven't seen one of these in a long time." She gives us DOCSIS 3 modem. Drive back, doesn't sync. Call Comcast and get India (you can tell) and nice young man gives me another number to call. This number is a robot that asks is this the number on the account? Yes, I reply. Do you want me to set up modem at this account? Again yes, then right away you are all set. Internet worked.
Why didn't they mail him new modem when they switched network? They can see what modems are on the network so there is no excuse for outdated equipment. Why didn't the box with new modem have phone number in the box? Our time means nothing to them.
There was a guy at the center with a large box of stuff to return. I can't imagine losing my temper, firing Comcast and then having to drive and take a number for them to wait on me at their whim.
post #1380 of 1690 Old 04-04-2014, 07:34 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJay1952 View Post

Why didn't they mail him new modem when they switched network? They can see what modems are on the network so there is no excuse for outdated equipment. Why didn't the box with new modem have phone number in the box? Our time means nothing to them.
There was a guy at the center with a large box of stuff to return. I can't imagine losing my temper, firing Comcast and then having to drive and take a number for them to wait on me at their whim.

I received both mail and a voice message notifying me that I was eligible for a free modem upgrade as my old ARRIS (7 yrs old at the time) would not deliver the speeds I was paying for. I was skeptical by the voice message but once I received the mail (or maybe it was the other way around), I took them up on the offer. In less than a week, I received my new modem and have been pleased as punch since. Perhaps your son was also skeptical thinking the notification he may or may not have received was a phishing scam and didn't follow through. I still had to return my old ARRIS modem to my local Comcast office. Be sure to get a receipt, people!
Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page