post #1531 of 1644 Old 05-29-2014, 02:02 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gov View Post

The only thing that fixes the surround sound and audio drop outs issues are an Arris STB, period! If you have a Pace STB with the blue light, it will fix the drop outs, but not the surround sound. If you have. Pace STB with a green light, you will have both issues.
Get an Arris if you can!

Hey Gov, I see you're now on line. Hope you can give me a quick answer...

When watching anything that has been DVR'd on the terminal box (green light), I have terrible voice sync. Live viewing sync is fine on the terminal (companion box), as is viewing anything (live or DVR'd) on the hub box (blue light. I've spoken with 5 level 2 techs, have had 5 techs come to the house and have had each box replaced, all with no avail. Furthermore, I've had to use component cable from terminal to TV and coax from terminal to avr (doesn't have hdmi) in order to get 5.1 DD.

So I'm wondering if the green terminal and blue hub may be causing the poor sync??? I've got CC coming to the house tomorrow to again replace the boxes (I did ask for Aris boxes, but who knows if I'll get them). Hope you can get back to me soon so that I can get to CC to tell them which boxes to bring.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1532 of 1644 Old 06-01-2014, 06:36 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
great news all,

comcast switched the green lite companion box with a blue lite dvr box. now 5.1 dolby digital sound on all recoreded shows. also the tech didn't know the 2 dvr's can talk to each other. anything recored in the master bedrrom can play on the other dvr (living room) is 5,1!! but if i record in the living room if can't be viewed in the bedroom. i have no issues with that. next is to see if the new dvr is free. the blue light boxes and green light box are not compatible.

June
"IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"
post #1533 of 1644 Old 06-01-2014, 11:40 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm scheduled to have the X1 installed this week, but I'm not big on my whole house sharing a single 500GB drive. Is there a way to swap that out for a 2-4 TB drive. (I've already read that external drives aren't supported yet and there is no ETA). So replacing the internal drive seems like the simplest solution (if it's possible).

Any ideas?
post #1534 of 1644 Old 06-01-2014, 01:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 32

When I'm watching a movie, after a while the remote often turns 'off'. None of the keys work except for the 'Xfinity' button, which brings up the menu, and once I exit it everything works. Very annoying, and not sure if this is a new feature they added or a bug.

Also does the X1 have remote codes to turn if off?

post #1535 of 1644 Old 06-02-2014, 06:27 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defcon View Post

When I'm watching a movie, after a while the remote often turns 'off'. None of the keys work except for the 'Xfinity' button, which brings up the menu, and once I exit it everything works. Very annoying, and not sure if this is a new feature they added or a bug.

Also does the X1 have remote codes to turn if off?
Is this on a DVR or satellite box?

Is it paired via RF or using IR?

Last I heard they disabled the ability to turn the box off via the remote.
post #1536 of 1644 Old 06-03-2014, 06:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 31
does this happen at the top of the hour?
I notice that things freeze up on me if it is at the top of the hour and I am in the guide or menu
post #1537 of 1644 Old 06-03-2014, 09:25 AM

Liked: 12
Does anyone know if it is possible for the XR2 remote to control the X1 STB via RF, but still have it control the TV via IR? I have it set to RF control at the moment and now it cannot control the TV or any other device.

PS Regarding the cable modem and the X1: When I moved into the new house, I signed up for a variation of the triple play, TV, internet, and home security. I later started using my own cable modem to avoid the monthly rental charge and it has been working just fine. I did have to call in someone walked me through it; they had to send some information to the modem (Motorola Surfboard). Since their new modem is also their WIFI router, they had to provide an additional wireless router for the alarm system for function via wifi instead of 3G. Their security system is only compatible with their "security" routers. The good news there is they don't charge a monthly fee for that.
post #1538 of 1644 Old 06-03-2014, 09:40 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCMusicGuy View Post

Does anyone know if it is possible for the XR2 remote to control the X1 STB via RF, but still have it control the TV via IR? I have it set to RF control at the moment and now it cannot control the TV or any other device.
The remote should use RF when paired with the X1 DVR, and IR to control a TV or receiver simultaneously.

Mine does.
post #1539 of 1644 Old 06-05-2014, 04:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 41
I'm thinking about switching to an Xfinity triple play package. I had Comcast/Xfinity cable TV a few years ago but currently have satellite. I just started reading this thread & have looked at some of first & last pages & am trying to figure out what DVR is currently supplied. The Xfinity website does not show anything about hardware, it just says how great their system is.

So far it looks like the newest DVRs do not have a HDD & your recordings are stored in the cloud. Is that what's typically being issued now or do you have a choice? I'm not a fan of cloud storage. I've had cable issues before & now once in a while have satellite rain fade issues. Neither system is perfect, but at least with recordings stored on the DVR I can watch them.

What about modems & routers? Going back a year or two, I know people that have a one piece modem/router & others have a separate modem & router.

I'd sure like to know what I'm getting before I spend my money. I do plan on reading all of this thread but that will take me some time. If anyone can give me some basic hardware info or a link to a website with specifics I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
post #1540 of 1644 Old 06-05-2014, 07:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 26
The X1 might be cloud storage, but the older DVR's have HDD's. I still have my Rng200 DVR because I have such a backlog of recordings. I really wish I knew how to transfer out my recordings so I could turn in my dvr.
post #1541 of 1644 Old 06-05-2014, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Ain't gonna happen, time to move on....

Hear me now, Listen to me later....
post #1542 of 1644 Old 06-05-2014, 11:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyad View Post

The X1 might be cloud storage, but the older DVR's have HDD's. I still have my Rng200 DVR because I have such a backlog of recordings. I really wish I knew how to transfer out my recordings so I could turn in my dvr.

get a dvd recorder with a HDD
post #1543 of 1644 Old 06-05-2014, 12:13 PM
Advanced Member

Wouldn't that entail playing my dvr recordings in real time in order for the dvd recorder to capture the shows? I don't want to archive the shows, I just haven't got around to watching them.
post #1544 of 1644 Old 06-05-2014, 12:25 PM
AVS Special Member

easy to do if you just press the record button and then while you are at work, use the smart phone app every hour to play all the shows and your recorder will capture them. that's 8-9 hours you can off load per day
post #1545 of 1644 Old 06-05-2014, 02:30 PM
Advanced Member

I guess that's doable but I don't know if I'll bother.
post #1546 of 1644 Old 06-06-2014, 06:10 AM
AVS Special Member

anything is doable if you wish to bother enough with it smile.gif
post #1547 of 1644 Old 06-07-2014, 06:53 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 125
My DVR has been losing the DD on startup again this past week: Have to go into menu, flip to stereo and back to DD to get it back. The good ol' days rolleyes.gif

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #1548 of 1644 Old 06-07-2014, 02:21 PM
Advanced Member

Lordy, Lordy, could it be? Has CC finally fixed my sound sync issue (poor sound sync on terminal box when viewing anything that has been DVR'd)? I think they might have. This afternoon when I turned on the TV, I got an alert that CC was having trouble connecting to the X1 platform. I was told to check my cable connections and to reboot the box. The reboot looked strange in that it didn't follow the expected red Xfinity and the three red balls and there were other differences as the box loaded. Over two weeks ago, a level 2 tech told me that he was expecting a firmware update and that when it happened, he would try to direct it to my terminal box. Well, maybe he did as when I spoke to the X1 level 1 help line, I was told that the newest firmware was out. So, for those who may be having the sound sync problem, here's the firmware version: PR150BN_1.3.3p2S1_PRODse. Good luck....
post #1549 of 1644 Old 06-08-2014, 07:17 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post

My DVR has been losing the DD on startup again this past week: Have to go into menu, flip to stereo and back to DD to get it back. The good ol' days rolleyes.gif

This is an issue for me also. I never had this problem before. And my satellite box won't switch to surround at all

post #1550 of 1644 Old 06-08-2014, 10:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flycaster View Post

Lordy, Lordy, could it be? Has CC finally fixed my sound sync issue (poor sound sync on terminal box when viewing anything that has been DVR'd)? I think they might have. This afternoon when I turned on the TV, I got an alert that CC was having trouble connecting to the X1 platform. I was told to check my cable connections and to reboot the box. The reboot looked strange in that it didn't follow the expected red Xfinity and the three red balls and there were other differences as the box loaded. Over two weeks ago, a level 2 tech told me that he was expecting a firmware update and that when it happened, he would try to direct it to my terminal box. Well, maybe he did as when I spoke to the X1 level 1 help line, I was told that the newest firmware was out. So, for those who may be having the sound sync problem, here's the firmware version: PR150BN_1.3.3p2S1_PRODse. Good luck....
post #1551 of 1644 Old 06-09-2014, 09:00 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by flycaster View Post

I have the new firmware and startup sequence, and my service is exhibiting more issues than ever. True story. Good to hear it is helping with the audio issues.
post #1552 of 1644 Old 06-09-2014, 10:02 AM

I currently have xfinity triple play and wanted to upgrade to X1....So I called Comcast today to get some installation pricing for X1. The lady told me it would be a $148 installation charge! eek.gif I swear about 6 to 8 months ago when I was getting ready to pull string to get X1 it was $30 - $50....I didn't do it then because of all the issues during that time. Has anyone had a recent installation done and how much did you have to pay??
post #1553 of 1644 Old 06-09-2014, 11:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
In Montgomery County, MD X1 installation it's about $50 for existing customers. We do have Verizon FiOS as a competitor.
post #1554 of 1644 Old 06-09-2014, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulGo View Post

In Montgomery County, MD X1 installation it's about $50 for existing customers. We do have Verizon FiOS as a competitor.

$50 is reasonable, but $148 is way to high...i'm hoping she made a mistake, i'm going to call back probably tomorrow to see if I get a different answer.
post #1555 of 1644 Old 06-10-2014, 07:46 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cterrell73 View Post

$50 is reasonable, but $148 is way to high...i'm hoping she made a mistake, i'm going to call back probably tomorrow to see if I get a different answer.

I paid $10 for a truck roll, that was it (Last year around this time). They replaced the wire from the street to my house as well as a new amp in the basement.
post #1556 of 1644 Old 06-10-2014, 02:15 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike99 View Post

I'm thinking about switching to an Xfinity triple play package. I had Comcast/Xfinity cable TV a few years ago but currently have satellite. I just started reading this thread & have looked at some of first & last pages & am trying to figure out what DVR is currently supplied. The Xfinity website does not show anything about hardware, it just says how great their system is.

So far it looks like the newest DVRs do not have a HDD & your recordings are stored in the cloud. Is that what's typically being issued now or do you have a choice? I'm not a fan of cloud storage. I've had cable issues before & now once in a while have satellite rain fade issues. Neither system is perfect, but at least with recordings stored on the DVR I can watch them.

What about modems & routers? Going back a year or two, I know people that have a one piece modem/router & others have a separate modem & router.

I'd sure like to know what I'm getting before I spend my money. I do plan on reading all of this thread but that will take me some time. If anyone can give me some basic hardware info or a link to a website with specifics I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

I have the PACE px001anm DVR and the ARRIS TECHNICOLOR tc8305c (modem/router one-piece). All I can tell you is that during a storm a few weeks ago as I was watching a recorded program, the cloud and internet went down. I was still able to continue to watch my program. However, the playback and remote functions were not working. Therefore, I had to let the program finish and then turn off the DVR to access any functions/features. After powering down and up again, I noticed that my program info showed my viewing progress to be at about 21 minutes into the 60-minute program when the power went out even though I finished it. So, long story short, I do believe the hard drive is still actively recording but other options are available via the cloud such as On Demand. This may change sometime in the future though as they are pushing the cloud technology.
post #1557 of 1644 Old 06-10-2014, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator

18 days left rolleyes.gif Second day in a row, turned on the TV and box and no picture and sound. yesterday I chalked it up to a new firmware. No excuse today. Last night, still needed to go in and change the audio to stereo and back to surround to get DD 5.1 to work. Pace green light boxes still don't output DD when watching DVR'd material. Sorry Comcast, your TV service is going.

S~

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself
post #1558 of 1644 Old 06-12-2014, 05:36 AM
Advanced Member

As stated in a previous post here, I thought that I had received a firmware update that had fixed the sound sync problem that existed when viewing DRV'd material through the terminal box (sync was OK when viewing DVR'd stuff on the hub box and all live viewing was OK on both boxes.) BUT, a day or two later, sync was now out with BOTH boxes!

Calling CC's X1 help line didn't do any good, of course. I have them pull up my extended history of calls, ensuing trouble-shooting, 4 visits from field techs, 5 contacts with level 2 techs, and yet they all try to go through their cookbook protocol...which is a big waste of everyone's time as there is nothing new they can do (of course, I stop them as I've already spent mucho hours with this crap).

I think the only solution at the present time is to have two DVR boxes made by Arris...without having to pay another $17/mo. CC should do this until they have solved, if they ever will after having worked on this issue for almost a year, the problem. Then they can go back from two hubs to the hub/terminal.
post #1559 of 1644 Old 06-12-2014, 11:37 AM

My current promotion is about to end, after saying I was going to Fios I was able to get an X1 deal with the Solutions Dept.

I currently have two DVR's(DCX model and a DCT) with two DTA's

The rep on the phone said I could keep the DTA's and one of the DVRs, with the X1 box replacing the other DVR. Would that work? I remember when X1 first was available here, I was told it had to be all or nothing with the X1 boxes.
post #1560 of 1644 Old 06-12-2014, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachsac View Post
18 days left Second day in a row, turned on the TV and box and no picture and sound. yesterday I chalked it up to a new firmware. No excuse today. Last night, still needed to go in and change the audio to stereo and back to surround to get DD 5.1 to work. Pace green light boxes still don't output DD when watching DVR'd material. Sorry Comcast, your TV service is going.

S~
This is now 5 days in a row where I've had to restart the box (main) when turning everything on because of no picture and sound.

S~

Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page