post #1651 of 1654 Old Yesterday, 06:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyM View Post
Not sure which Motorola you have, I have had multiple boxes over the last 15 years with Comcast. The DCX changes channels and flips through the guide instantaneously. The X1 is definitely slower and when you select a new channel there is a brief channel screen before the content starts. I liked it but there is no way it remotely compares speed wise with my DCX box on speed.
I was referring to just the response time in general.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1652 of 1654 Old Yesterday, 06:33 AM

Liked: 11
X1 Native Resolution

I understand the current STB that comcast provides with the X1 platform do not allow native passthrough, ie you need to select a resolution. I would rather have my TV do that work. Does anyone know if Comcast offers an X1 box, or plans to offer one with native passthrough? I only have cable in one room so I'm not in a giant hurry, as the multiroom functionality is not of much use, but I would like the new guide, cloud-dvr etc.

I'm in Center City Philadelphia BTW.

Thanks!
billmich likes this.

Last edited by smack518; Yesterday at 06:38 AM.
post #1653 of 1654 Old Yesterday, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by smack518 View Post
I understand the current STB that comcast provides with the X1 platform do not allow native passthrough, ie you need to select a resolution. I would rather have my TV do that work. Does anyone know if Comcast offers an X1 box, or plans to offer one with native passthrough? I only have cable in one room so I'm not in a giant hurry, as the multiroom functionality is not of much use, but I would like the new guide, cloud-dvr etc.

I'm in Center City Philadelphia BTW.

Thanks!
+10000 for sure.

the X1 set at 1080P doesn't allow proper sizing of SD 480i channels, a "native mode" would take care of ALL of that.

On a positive note, for us people that use DVD recorders, the X1 boxes do properly keep the widescreen flag via S-video and composite outputs. This lets us view our recorded discs without having to use the ZOOM mode.
smack518 likes this.
post #1654 of 1654 Old Yesterday, 08:50 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by billmich View Post
+10000 for sure.

the X1 set at 1080P doesn't allow proper sizing of SD 480i channels, a "native mode" would take care of ALL of that.

On a positive note, for us people that use DVD recorders, the X1 boxes do properly keep the widescreen flag via S-video and composite outputs. This lets us view our recorded discs without having to use the ZOOM mode.
I don't even care so much about SD channels as rarely if ever watch them. I'm more interested in letting my TV handle upscaling from 720p and 1080i signals, rather than having my cable box (which traditionally doesn't handle that as well as a good TV) do it. That said, I can see how it would be really annoying if you do watch SD channels.
Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page