post #1651 of 1671 Unread 07-29-2014, 06:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyM View Post
Not sure which Motorola you have, I have had multiple boxes over the last 15 years with Comcast. The DCX changes channels and flips through the guide instantaneously. The X1 is definitely slower and when you select a new channel there is a brief channel screen before the content starts. I liked it but there is no way it remotely compares speed wise with my DCX box on speed.
I was referring to just the response time in general.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1652 of 1671 Unread 07-29-2014, 06:33 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
X1 Native Resolution

I understand the current STB that comcast provides with the X1 platform do not allow native passthrough, ie you need to select a resolution. I would rather have my TV do that work. Does anyone know if Comcast offers an X1 box, or plans to offer one with native passthrough? I only have cable in one room so I'm not in a giant hurry, as the multiroom functionality is not of much use, but I would like the new guide, cloud-dvr etc.

I'm in Center City Philadelphia BTW.

Thanks!
billmich likes this.
post #1653 of 1671 Unread 07-29-2014, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by smack518 View Post
I understand the current STB that comcast provides with the X1 platform do not allow native passthrough, ie you need to select a resolution. I would rather have my TV do that work. Does anyone know if Comcast offers an X1 box, or plans to offer one with native passthrough? I only have cable in one room so I'm not in a giant hurry, as the multiroom functionality is not of much use, but I would like the new guide, cloud-dvr etc.

I'm in Center City Philadelphia BTW.

Thanks!
+10000 for sure.

the X1 set at 1080P doesn't allow proper sizing of SD 480i channels, a "native mode" would take care of ALL of that.

On a positive note, for us people that use DVD recorders, the X1 boxes do properly keep the widescreen flag via S-video and composite outputs. This lets us view our recorded discs without having to use the ZOOM mode.
smack518 likes this.
post #1654 of 1671 Unread 07-29-2014, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billmich View Post
+10000 for sure.

the X1 set at 1080P doesn't allow proper sizing of SD 480i channels, a "native mode" would take care of ALL of that.

On a positive note, for us people that use DVD recorders, the X1 boxes do properly keep the widescreen flag via S-video and composite outputs. This lets us view our recorded discs without having to use the ZOOM mode.
I don't even care so much about SD channels as rarely if ever watch them. I'm more interested in letting my TV handle upscaling from 720p and 1080i signals, rather than having my cable box (which traditionally doesn't handle that as well as a good TV) do it. That said, I can see how it would be really annoying if you do watch SD channels.
post #1655 of 1671 Unread 07-30-2014, 09:37 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
I am having lip sync issues with the Arris X1 DVR box. I mainly get it when watching recorded shows on HGTV or Food Network. Watching HBO, Showtime, etc it seems to be fine. I have it hooked up via HDMI to a Yamaha Aventage 720 with lip sync correction set to auto. Is this a known issue or just my setup? Any help would be appreciated.
post #1656 of 1671 Unread 07-31-2014, 04:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 164
My 30 second forward and 15 second back skips turned into 5 minutes forward and back. Anyone else notice the programmed 30 second skip is gone?
post #1657 of 1671 Unread 07-31-2014, 05:37 PM

Official* Xfinity X1 STB Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Grooms View Post
My 30 second forward and 15 second back skips turned into 5 minutes forward and back. Anyone else notice the programmed 30 second skip is gone?

Happened to me yesterday. The code to switch back is in post 10 in this thread

Last edited by justindion; 07-31-2014 at 05:38 PM. Reason: correction
post #1658 of 1671 Unread 07-31-2014, 06:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by justindion View Post
Happened to me yesterday. The code to switch back is in post 10 in this thread
Got it! Exit, exit, exit, 0030.
post #1659 of 1671 Unread 08-01-2014, 06:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Grooms View Post
Got it! Exit, exit, exit, 0030.
Make sure you are pointing the remote at the X1 when you do this. With old Motorola's you were programming the remote. With the X1 you are programming the DVR, so you will need to make sure the X1 is in line to receive the signal.
post #1660 of 1671 Unread 08-02-2014, 06:12 AM
Gov
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feddie View Post
I am having lip sync issues with the Arris X1 DVR box. I mainly get it when watching recorded shows on HGTV or Food Network. Watching HBO, Showtime, etc it seems to be fine. I have it hooked up via HDMI to a Yamaha Aventage 720 with lip sync correction set to auto. Is this a known issue or just my setup? Any help would be appreciated.
I too have been getting this for a couple of months now. Seems to be a known problem according to reports on the Xfinity X1 forums.

Panny TC-P65VT60 (calibrated by Chad B), Denon AVR-4311, Comcast X1 DVR, Apple TV 3, Sony BDP-S5100,  Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers (mains), Horizon (CC) and HTM-200's (Surr), Dual PSA XV15 Subwoofers!!
post #1661 of 1671 Unread 08-08-2014, 01:24 PM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by turban23 View Post
Does anybody know how to go a day ahead on the guide? I liked that feature on the old box.
I don't know if anyone else answered this question on a later page, but the way you do this is:
(1) Press guide
(2) Go left to the channel you want to see the programs of
(3) Press ok, & go to channel info

Now it will show the schedule for the 3 days or so.
post #1662 of 1671 Unread 08-08-2014, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feddie View Post
I am having the same issue with my X1 (Non DVR) box. It is only happening on certain channels. My other sources do not have this issue. Any help would be appreciated.
post #1663 of 1671 Unread 08-11-2014, 05:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmntdmnky View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by turban23
Does anybody know how to go a day ahead on the guide? I liked that feature on the old box.

I don't know if anyone else answered this question on a later page, but the way you do this is:
(1) Press guide

Or, if I understand the question.... once in the guide, hit the FF button to skip ahead a day, and RW to go back a day.
post #1664 of 1671 Unread 08-12-2014, 06:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmntdmnky View Post
(1) Press guide

What you have described above can also be done much easier by clicking the right arrow once while on live TV. If you are not tuned to the channel you want to see the guide for, then you can tune or scroll to it once you have right arrowed to get the mini guide.
post #1665 of 1671 Unread 08-17-2014, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gov View Post
I too have been getting this for a couple of months now. Seems to be a known problem according to reports on the Xfinity X1 forums.
The lip sync is really bugging me on this box. Is everyone else just ignoring it or is there a workaround?
post #1666 of 1671 Unread 08-18-2014, 08:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsiler View Post
The lip sync is really bugging me on this box. Is everyone else just ignoring it or is there a workaround?
I have had the Pace (Green Light DVR) for almost a year, and no lip sync issues at all.
post #1667 of 1671 Unread 08-18-2014, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 78
I only see lip sync problems on certain programs on certain channels. Mostly PBS stuff.

post #1668 of 1671 Unread 08-18-2014, 12:13 PM

Liked: 0
Just came over to Comcast from Fios. The X1 interface is nice, though not as fast as I thought it would be. Still faster than Fios. However, like many others, I'm having annoying lip sync issues on all the boxes. Did not have this issue with any boxes or HT setups with Verizon so I'm really disappointed. I've spent about a day now trying to figure it out and here's what I've got:

Most of the live channels have the issue. There are a few exceptions, including the premium channels (HBO and Showtime).
DVR recordings of the premium channels are also fine.
On-Demand recordings all have the issue, even HBO/Showtime.

Went through a bunch of troubleshooting, but even HDMI direct to TV, bypassing the receiver still has the issue.

Really wanted to stick with Xfinity, but even my wife is like "What is wrong with the audio." And if she's seeing it, it's bad.

Tech came out and told me that is normal. Of course. So may be going back to Verizon. I can live with archaic menus if the video and audio content is high quality.

Anyone know of a fix? Different hardware? Not sure what box I have, it says XC1A on the front.

Louis
post #1669 of 1671 Unread 08-19-2014, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lda1 View Post
Just came over to Comcast from Fios. The X1 interface is nice, though not as fast as I thought it would be. Still faster than Fios. However, like many others, I'm having annoying lip sync issues on all the boxes. Did not have this issue with any boxes or HT setups with Verizon so I'm really disappointed. I've spent about a day now trying to figure it out and here's what I've got:

Most of the live channels have the issue. There are a few exceptions, including the premium channels (HBO and Showtime).
DVR recordings of the premium channels are also fine.
On-Demand recordings all have the issue, even HBO/Showtime.

Went through a bunch of troubleshooting, but even HDMI direct to TV, bypassing the receiver still has the issue.

Really wanted to stick with Xfinity, but even my wife is like "What is wrong with the audio." And if she's seeing it, it's bad.

Tech came out and told me that is normal. Of course. So may be going back to Verizon. I can live with archaic menus if the video and audio content is high quality.

Anyone know of a fix? Different hardware? Not sure what box I have, it says XC1A on the front.

Louis
There are 2 different manufacturers of the DVR boxes. Pace (Green power button) and Arris (Blue power button). No lip sync issues with my Pace.
post #1670 of 1671 Unread 08-21-2014, 07:54 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just finished catching up on reading the whole thread -- I have had X1 for a couple of months now and am extremely annoyed by my box constantly defaulting back to 720p. I know some folks mentioned that the bug seems to have been fixed, but I can report that is definitely still happening for me. I got tired of rebooting the box every day, so for a while there I just decided to live with 720p in hopes that Comcast would eventually fix the bug. After reading this thread, I am now trying the option of setting the X1 box to 1080i to see if it will stick. I will report back on my results - just made the switch last night. This may be a temporary workaround, but it is still not ideal. It's so frustrating that we have to put up with this sort of thing.

Thanks all for the good info, suggestions, etc.
post #1671 of 1671 Unread 08-23-2014, 04:58 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mula1 View Post
There are 2 different manufacturers of the DVR boxes. Pace (Green power button) and Arris (Blue power button). No lip sync issues with my Pace.
Nor with the Arris box
Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List