Originally Posted by justindion
Been having issues with my dvr box lately. This was posted on the comcast forum:
There is a national outage for the following error:
The following error may appear on your screen. You may also have a picture with no sound or vice versa.
We are currently working on the issue. We do have a few workarounds that may resolve the issue.
1. Place the box in standby mode. To do this, press the power button on the front of the box (do not hold the power button). Wait 10 seconds and then press the power button again.
2. Disconnect the power from the box. You can unplug the power cord from the back of the box or from the wall. Wait about 10 seconds and then reconnect the power cord.
If these methods do not correct the issue, you can send me a private message. I will do some advanced troubleshooting to attempt to correct the issue. If I cannot resolve the issue, I will link the issue to the outage and escalate the issue...
Hey Justin, you sound like you might be a level 2 Comcast tech. Hope so as we can use all the help and insight we can get.
I've had the X1 system for about 9 months (Boynton Beach, FL) and just about regret every bit of it. I'm no super tech, but am somewhat literate when it comes to handling this stuff. Overall, with all the problems I've (other have) had, I have come to the conclusion that Comcast is not a tech company but a marketing company. Also, the infra-structure for the X1 system certainly isn't up to par in many, many parts of the conunty (my area for one). This comes from many of the techs who point out that the X1 technology is too new for the present CC transmission/wiring capabilities.
Just to rant a little, let me provide some of my pet peeves with CC's handling, or really lack thereof, X1 problems:
1. If you have a surround sound system, but your receiver doesn't have HDMI, the only way to get correct 5.1 SS is to use optical cable from hub to receiver. Of course, this was never told to me by the installing tech; had to find out about this via the forums. And, of course, when I first told CC about this, their response was to send out a tech...of course, the tech knew nothing!
2. Definite lack of sound sync with the terminal boxes when viewing DVR'd material...have to use hub box. Once again CC always sends out techs who tell you there is nothing they can do about it. Keep calling CC, and they keep sending uninformed techs...endless big waste of money and time
3. A myriad of dropped recordings, failure to record, recordings stop too early...
4. In all honesty, I can not count the number of times that I have had to hard reboot because of all kinds of failures to show picture, freezing picture, no sound, etc.
5. CC doesn't tell its front line reps about existing problems. This leads their reps to go by cookbook and eventually send a tech because the rep has no idea what the problem is. With several of my issues, reps and techs knew nothing, but the answers came from the forums...why doesn't CC inform their reps about the ongoing problems the X1 system is having???
Enough for now, gotta eat lunch...