Forum Jump: 
 6Likes

post #1711 of 1719 Old 10-09-2014, 07:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I switched over to X1 in March, one thing that has become more prevalent and annoying ais that my recordings seem to get chopped up, requiring a menu prompt to come up if I want to go on to the next segment.

I archive sporting events and one of the baseball games last week had this occur and to my horror, there was NO following segment, it's like the 2nd half never got recorded. I couldn't play through the glitch, I couldn't hop over the break..NOTHING.

This never happened with the older DVR's, what is causing this to happen and is there anything I can do to prevent it?

Thank you for your time and consideration
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1712 of 1719 Old 10-10-2014, 10:02 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by billmich View Post
I switched over to X1 in March, one thing that has become more prevalent and annoying ais that my recordings seem to get chopped up, requiring a menu prompt to come up if I want to go on to the next segment.

I archive sporting events and one of the baseball games last week had this occur and to my horror, there was NO following segment, it's like the 2nd half never got recorded. I couldn't play through the glitch, I couldn't hop over the break..NOTHING.

This never happened with the older DVR's, what is causing this to happen and is there anything I can do to prevent it?

I had something similar happening and Comcast finally had to replace my box.
post #1713 of 1719 Old 10-10-2014, 08:53 PM

Liked: 12
I got X1 today. Arris main box with Samsung satellite boxes. I have turned on the surround in the Arris and will watch to see if it holds. I had a problem accessing certain On Demand shows; TNT for instance. Some networks were available and others were not. Got an error message about billing. The bedroom box told me I needed a subscription to the channel to watch On Demand from it. Of course I have TNT as part of a package so subscriptions aren't the real issue. After some research online I downloaded the Comcast Account management app on my cell and followed the troubleshooting steps for On Demand. This cleared the issue and On Demand for all channels appears to be working for the time being. I will report if there are further issues. I did call Customer "Service" and got no help. They literally did not have a clue and scheduled a tech visit , which I have since cancelled. I hope this helps someone.
post #1714 of 1719 Old 10-12-2014, 02:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I was offered an upgrade from my current SA 8300HD to the X1 for no cost difference. This is the only box we'll have. I've read through a little. Is there anything I should note when they come to install the box? They're also swapping my modem out. I've already found out how to turn off the hotspot feature.
post #1715 of 1719 Old 10-16-2014, 05:47 PM

Ok had the box a couple of days now. My only question at this point is how do you turn off the guide search? I just want to type in a channel and the guide go to it. Is it even an option?
post #1716 of 1719 Old 10-17-2014, 03:50 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by billmich View Post

I also have this issue. I assume the recording is getting interrupted and causing it to break into segments.
post #1717 of 1719 Old 10-17-2014, 04:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantonburg View Post
Ok had the box a couple of days now. My only question at this point is how do you turn off the guide search? I just want to type in a channel and the guide go to it. Is it even an option?
You can't :/
post #1718 of 1719 Old 10-20-2014, 06:55 PM

Repeats Recording as New

Suddenly some of the series recordings I have are recording shows that the guide has labeled as repeats even though the series recording is set for new shows only. One show in the guide isn't labeled as new or repeat. Any suggestions?
post #1719 of 1719 Old 10-21-2014, 05:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Just delete them. This happens from time to time for unknown reasons. Most of the instances I have seen are because the Guide doesn't have the shows properly identified as repeats. In my area this happens most often with locally produced PBS shows.

Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page