post #1771 of 1799 Old 11-15-2014, 08:19 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlah384 View Post
I've been trying to read through the many pages of this thread, but am unable to find the answer to "what is bridge mode and what's the benefit?"
Xfinity is now pushing a "gateway", a combination of cable modem and wireless router, to their customers in areas where they are supported. The new box handles phone as well as Internet, and, if I am not mistaken, implements native dual stack (IPv4 and IPv6). So the one box will handle up to two phone lines (if one has phone service through Comcast), as well as up to four Ethernet lines (10/100Mbps and 1Gbps) and a limited number of wireless devices if one has Internet services through Comcast (Xfinity).

That will be fine for Internet customers like me who have just a few Internet devices and they are near where the gateway will be located, and will use either WiFi (wireless) or Ethernet (wired) connection to the router to give those devices access to the Internet. And by doing that, we don't have to understand how Comcast had decided to implement dual native stack for IPv4 and IPv6 and yet benefit from having both of these Internet Protocols available.

Some customers, however, have more demanding needs or want to access the WiFi from a longer distance or have more walls between their devices and the gateway, so they have their own routers for better WiFi signal strength, more ports, or other features, or even wanting to remain in control of as much of the customer's LAN as possible. But attaching a router to a router can be problematic. The answer is to set the router part of the gateway into "bridge mode" so it no longer acts as a router, but instead "bridges" an Ethernet port to the modem part, so the customer's router handles DHCP services, NAT for IPv4, etc., instead of having the gateway do all this.

"Bridge mode" affects only the Internet part of the gateway; it does not affect the phone part of the gateway.

As far as I am aware, a customer can still buy a supported modem and a router and should be able to save on rental fees, but it means having to do the configuration oneself (or paying for such a setup) but should save money over the long run. In this case, "bridge mode" is meaningless since the customer would be attaching a router to a modem, not attaching a router to a "gateway" that has both modem and router circuitry in the same box.

I have been following this thread in part because I had received an upgrade notice that the modem I am renting has to be upgraded to handle newer services, the current modem being DOCSIS 2.0 (instead of DOCSIS 3.0) and my current router having no clue on what IPv6 is, so renting a box that doesn't have the limitation of my old equipment has a certain amount of appeal.

Note: none of this affects TV service. Where I am, analog (NTSC) cable service is long dead (having been removed between midnight and 6am on October 9, 2012), and the last time I checked most of the QAM (digital cable TV) channels are scrambled (encrypted). The removal of analog cable TV channels freed up bandwidth on the cable to allow either more digital TV channels or to allow increased modem bandwidth (or both) or other services (e.g., phone, home monitoring).

Technically, this thread is about Xfinity's X1 services, which is TV services and doesn't deal with the Internet services (other than both TV and Internet are coming from the same company through the same coax). And currently I am not using their X1 services, but instead just being on their "Digital Starter Package" and renting one of their HD DVRs as the set-top box (which, in my case, is in a shelf under the TV, even though it is still called a set-top box).

My very humble setup:
Man Cave:Vizio E500i-A1 "Smart TV" (50-in 1080p 120Hz LED/LCD, has Netflix app.), Blu-ray player (Sony BDP-S3100), Roku (the original model: N1000), PC (Windows 7), Comcast Internet (29Mbps/6Mbps).
Bedroom:LG 32LV3400-UA TV (32-in 768p 60Hz LED/LCD), HD DVR (Motorola RNG200N), Xfinity Comcast cable (Digital Starter Package), DVD/VHS player.

Last edited by Mark12547; 11-15-2014 at 08:23 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1772 of 1799 Old 11-15-2014, 05:20 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Thumbs up Very Happy: New X1DVR + Roku 3 (with Netflix/Pandora) + Logitech Harmony 650

It's not often people will be motivated to post on here (and the Comcast forums) unless their pissed off or have issues. Well, I'd like to post something quite the contrary...

It's been a couple of weeks since our family upgraded to X1. Honestly, I couldn't be happier. My wife and daughter love it. Installation was painless. It was all done by a comcast tech in less than 40 minutes (including the time it took for him to upgrade our home distribution amp with a certified zero gain, two-way amp).

In a perfect world, the X1 On Demand library would have all possible old TV seasons and movies available. However, until that happens,. we supplemented the missing old TV seasons and movies using the perfect X1 DVR companion, Roku3 (with Netflix) + Harmony 650 remote control". The remote control seamlessly integrates Netflix and Pandora directly (no weird login screens or menus). Roku 3 has the best implementation of Netflix I've seen on any hardware or platform; especially when switching to "Kids" view.

I actually watch TV on my HTPC in my Mediaroom (using the X1 Web Client) ...the rest of the time on my Android phablet (phablet has VPN access, so no weird home limitations). I'd say the biggest surprise for me is the quality/stability of the X1 Web Client (extremely fast and responsive too). Video works flawlessly. In full screen, I sometimes forget that the client is running in a web browser. Also, inherently, the web client allows for true multi-tasking. So, you can do a lot more with multiple virtual TV screens on your desktop (see attached screenshots on my HTPC and remote PC).

Living Room remote control only has three main buttons:
Watch TV - Xfinity TV
Watch a Movie – Netflix
Listen to Music – Pandora

No fuss. Mission accomplished!

PS: The Roku3 has a USB input for HDDs for media file playback for special circumstances. I may add a "Youtube" button on the remote control next,,,

Can your HTPC Media Center / DVR Do this??

SageTV: Unrestricted full-quality 12 tuner HD Premium Cable recording, including "On Demand" in HD + OTA ATSC + DVB-S2 + Blu-ray/HD-DVD serving 5 clients.
post #1773 of 1799 Old 11-15-2014, 06:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark12547 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlah384 View Post
I've been trying to read through the many pages of this thread, but am unable to find the answer to "what is bridge mode and what's the benefit?"
Xfinity is now pushing a "gateway", a combination of cable modem and wireless router, to their customers in areas where they are supported. The new box handles phone as well as Internet, and, if I am not mistaken, implements native dual stack (IPv4 and IPv6). So the one box will handle up to two phone lines (if one has phone service through Comcast), as well as up to four Ethernet lines (10/100Mbps and 1Gbps) and a limited number of wireless devices if one has Internet services through Comcast (Xfinity).

That will be fine for Internet customers like me who have just a few Internet devices and they are near where the gateway will be located, and will use either WiFi (wireless) or Ethernet (wired) connection to the router to give those devices access to the Internet. And by doing that, we don't have to understand how Comcast had decided to implement dual native stack for IPv4 and IPv6 and yet benefit from having both of these Internet Protocols available.

Some customers, however, have more demanding needs or want to access the WiFi from a longer distance or have more walls between their devices and the gateway, so they have their own routers for better WiFi signal strength, more ports, or other features, or even wanting to remain in control of as much of the customer's LAN as possible. But attaching a router to a router can be problematic. The answer is to set the router part of the gateway into "bridge mode" so it no longer acts as a router, but instead "bridges" an Ethernet port to the modem part, so the customer's router handles DHCP services, NAT for IPv4, etc., instead of having the gateway do all this.

"Bridge mode" affects only the Internet part of the gateway; it does not affect the phone part of the gateway.

As far as I am aware, a customer can still buy a supported modem and a router and should be able to save on rental fees, but it means having to do the configuration oneself (or paying for such a setup) but should save money over the long run. In this case, "bridge mode" is meaningless since the customer would be attaching a router to a modem, not attaching a router to a "gateway" that has both modem and router circuitry in the same box.

I have been following this thread in part because I had received an upgrade notice that the modem I am renting has to be upgraded to handle newer services, the current modem being DOCSIS 2.0 (instead of DOCSIS 3.0) and my current router having no clue on what IPv6 is, so renting a box that doesn't have the limitation of my old equipment has a certain amount of appeal.

Note: none of this affects TV service. Where I am, analog (NTSC) cable service is long dead (having been removed between midnight and 6am on October 9, 2012), and the last time I checked most of the QAM (digital cable TV) channels are scrambled (encrypted). The removal of analog cable TV channels freed up bandwidth on the cable to allow either more digital TV channels or to allow increased modem bandwidth (or both) or other services (e.g., phone, home monitoring).

Technically, this thread is about Xfinity's X1 services, which is TV services and doesn't deal with the Internet services (other than both TV and Internet are coming from the same company through the same coax). And currently I am not using their X1 services, but instead just being on their "Digital Starter Package" and renting one of their HD DVRs as the set-top box (which, in my case, is in a shelf under the TV, even though it is still called a set-top box).
We just discussed setting up bridge mode earlier in this thread (recently). Look for my posts above. I have my Apple Extreme working flawlessly with their Cisco 3939 modem/router in bridge mode.
post #1774 of 1799 Old 11-15-2014, 09:18 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Since there's no general FAQ listed I'll ask here: can I have two X1 DVRs in the same house, and be able to view each others recordings, like I can right now with DirecTV's multiroom equipment.

Four tuners is too few for my needs.

A GF that bought me a PS3 and a HD-A2? I'm a lucky man!
post #1775 of 1799 Old 11-15-2014, 10:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZoid View Post
Since there's no general FAQ listed I'll ask here: can I have two X1 DVRs in the same house, and be able to view each others recordings, like I can right now with DirecTV's multiroom equipment.

When I asked Comcast this question they told me No. My understanding is that in order to play back content remotely, the X1 box must be the master and the TV doing the remote playback must be a slave. So AFAIK an X1 cannot act as a slave unit.
post #1776 of 1799 Old 11-17-2014, 07:10 AM
los

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingdvd View Post
When I asked Comcast this question they told me No. My understanding is that in order to play back content remotely, the X1 box must be the master and the TV doing the remote playback must be a slave. So AFAIK an X1 cannot act as a slave unit.
I have this in my house right now. It appears they are not supporting this everywhere, or perhaps anymore, but it does work.

Carlos
post #1777 of 1799 Old 11-17-2014, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by los View Post
I have this in my house right now. It appears they are not supporting this everywhere, or perhaps anymore, but it does work.
What works? You are able to have a full blown X1 in two rooms that can play each others stuff?
post #1778 of 1799 Old 11-17-2014, 08:39 AM
los

Quote:
What works? You are able to have a full blown X1 in two rooms that can play each others stuff?
Correct. I have 2 X1s and they can see/play each other's stuff. It does blip out every once in a while, but for the most part it works well.

Carlos
post #1779 of 1799 Old 11-17-2014, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:

I was told that you CAN have multiple "masters" in the house under 1 account. The masters do NOT talk to each other and each slave must be paired with a particular master,

you can then record 8 things at one time
or get a homerun prime unit, (HTPC) which can record 3 things at once, and X1, (4) and now you can record 7 at once and use home networking to share all over the place (beyond my scope of knowledge)
post #1780 of 1799 Old 11-18-2014, 10:30 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:

Comcast is advertising "Record & Watch up to 15 shows at once" they way they support this is with 3 of the X1 DVR's. The ad says not available in all area's, so I think your going to have to call to see if you an get the second DVR.

here is the ad
billmich likes this.
post #1781 of 1799 Old 11-18-2014, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce24 View Post
Comcast is advertising "Record & Watch up to 15 shows at once" they way they support this is with 3 of the X1 DVR's. The ad says not available in all area's, so I think your going to have to call to see if you an get the second DVR.

here is the ad https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dyg5rDALc9c
Thanks Bruce. So it sounds like the Comcast rep didn't know what she was talking about.

I'll call back and see if I can get someone in the know. A crapshoot unfortunately.

Mr Zoid

post #1782 of 1799 Old 12-01-2014, 07:24 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Bridge Mode

Quote:
We just discussed setting up bridge mode earlier in this thread (recently). Look for my posts above. I have my Apple Extreme working flawlessly with their Cisco 3939 modem/router in bridge mode.
I am considering X1. With my existing Xfinity 25 mbps service, sometime ago I bought the newest Airport Extreme which solved all my wireless problems, the signal is very strong and does well except for the far corners of my house. Before I bought the Extreme, I had been "extending" my network with an Airport Express's and using a thread on these forums and my own testing I confirmed that the Airport "extended network" halves the bandwidth for the entire wireless network. Which leads to my question..

In your bridge mode setup is your Extreme hardwired to the router or bridged to the wireless and if it's bridged to the wireless does it halve the bandwidth?

Thanks
post #1783 of 1799 Old 12-01-2014, 11:09 PM

Liked: 12
Official* Xfinity X1 STB Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.j.muller View Post
I am considering X1. With my existing Xfinity 25 mbps service, sometime ago I bought the newest Airport Extreme which solved all my wireless problems, the signal is very strong and does well except for the far corners of my house. Before I bought the Extreme, I had been "extending" my network with an Airport Express's and using a thread on these forums and my own testing I confirmed that the Airport "extended network" halves the bandwidth for the entire wireless network. Which leads to my question..

In your bridge mode setup is your Extreme hardwired to the router or bridged to the wireless and if it's bridged to the wireless does it halve the bandwidth?

Thanks

Hardwire it to the Comcast router. Don't bridge via wireless (for full bandwidth and speed). Also, have Comcast put their cable modem in bridge mode assuming it has wifi built in (aka Wireless Gateway), so that the Extreme does all the NATing. I love my Extreme too...cleared up all my networking issues.

You can then bridge the Airport Express to Extreme if you need to expand your wireless network. If the signal/speed still isn't strong enough for the AE, try powerline network adapters and plug AE into that (uses your electric wires as Ethernet...works like a charm in most homes). The other powerline adapter would plug into Extreme.

One other note...use the same SSID name for both Extreme and AE. I wouldn't expect bandwidth to be cut in half everywhere when you are just expanding your wireless network (unless your AE is a G device instead of N?). Your devices will just choose the strongest connection on their own as you roam about the house.

(Hope I understood your questions correctly...)

Last edited by timmo; 12-01-2014 at 11:23 PM.
post #1784 of 1799 Old 12-01-2014, 11:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.j.muller View Post

Thanks
The Comcast provided modem is in bridge mode and connects to the Extreme. I then have two Express units. One is hard wired via Ethernet to the extreme (this is the best way). The other is wifi connected back to the Extreme. I get max speed from any connection to the Extreme and hardwired Express, and about half-speed from the Express connected via Wifi. HTH.
post #1785 of 1799 Old 12-03-2014, 05:14 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Does anyone know what model box Comcast is currently deploying in Philadelphia (Center City) for their X1 Anywhere box? Curious to know if it supports native passthrough of video signals. Would much rather have my TV do the scaling than a STB.

Thanks!
post #1786 of 1799 Old 12-04-2014, 12:15 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by los View Post
Correct. I have 2 X1s and they can see/play each others stuff. It does blip out every once in a while, but for the most part it works well.
I just had X1 installed this past sunday (switched from DTV) and I have two X1's and one slave. I can view the recording on all 3 units regardless of which DVR it was recorded with. I'm in Florida, so I am not sure if it's limited by area. I knew it work beforehand becuase it was one of the requirements for me to switch. I wanted to replicate what I had with DirecTV. An interesting side-note, I was actually shocked to discover that for the most part Comcast has better picture quality on HD than DirecTV. You do get more HD with DTV though.
post #1787 of 1799 Old 12-06-2014, 10:14 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smack518 View Post
Does anyone know what model box Comcast is currently deploying in Philadelphia (Center City) for their X1 Anywhere box? Curious to know if it supports native passthrough of video signals. Would much rather have my TV do the scaling than a STB.

Thanks!
There are currently a few boxes being used. For a DVR there are two boxes, both called XG1. One is made by Pace and the other by Arris. For "companion" boxes that can access the DVR content on a MoCA network, currently Comcast is using the RNG-150. This box can be made by Pace, Arris, or Samsung. Coming soon are the Xi3 companion box (IP only using MoCA) and the Pace XG1v3 DVR. None of the listed boxes support native video passthrough but DO support 1080p up-conversion (and they do a pretty good job of it too).
post #1788 of 1799 Old 12-06-2014, 10:17 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Thanks Bruce. So it sounds like the Comcast rep didn't know what she was talking about.

I'll call back and see if I can get someone in the know. A crapshoot unfortunately.

Mr Zoid
This 15 shows at once is not available in all markets across the US.
post #1789 of 1799 Old 12-06-2014, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enroberts View Post
This 15 shows at once is not available in all markets across the US.
I decided to go with CableCards/Windows Media Center.

Mr Zoid

post #1790 of 1799 Old 12-06-2014, 06:45 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by enroberts View Post
None of the listed boxes support native video passthrough but DO support 1080p up-conversion (and they do a pretty good job of it too).
That's good to hear because my prior dct and dcx Dvr boxes don't do scaling well, but the dcx did native pass through.

So it would be your recommendation to set output at 1080p and let the box do all up conversion rather than setting it to 720p or 1080i and letting my tv convert to 1080p?

Thanks!
post #1791 of 1799 Old 12-09-2014, 03:47 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 70
I noticed the sound volume on xfinity x1 is low. I thought it may be the Pace box i had so i replaced it with the Arris box (blue light) but the volume is still low. Apple TV, PC, bluray, etc, are all twice as loud... Whats up with that? I dont see many options for audio in the menu other than the Stereo/Surround option... My xfinity x1 is going to my Denon 4520, is there an issue with the x1 box and the denon?
post #1792 of 1799 Old 12-09-2014, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by smack518 View Post
That's good to hear because my prior dct and dcx Dvr boxes don't do scaling well, but the dcx did native pass through.

So it would be your recommendation to set output at 1080p and let the box do all up conversion rather than setting it to 720p or 1080i and letting my tv convert to 1080p?

Thanks!
I don't understand why this is this way.
X1 and old DVR boxes don't support native pass-through, but old fashioned, normal "Pace" boxes do.

This is a real issue with SD channels because the zoom capabilities of my set are different (and limited) when its a 1080P signal being fed over a 480i signal.

In fact, If I know I am going to watch something that is only available to me in SD, I will actually manually change the output to 480i and zoom accordingly for the best picture.

Native pass-through would solve all of this nonsense
post #1793 of 1799 Old 12-09-2014, 09:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Question How to change XR2 remote from RF to IR

I just had an X1 system installed and my Roomie Remote no longer works. I think it is because the tech configured RF control. I don't know why since I asked him where the IR sensor was so I could stick the IR sensor on.

Does anyone know how or if the XR2 remote or Arris set top box can be changed by the user or does Comcast need to change it in a service Menu we don't have access to?

I have an Arris Model:MX011ANM for the main unit and PACE Model No: PR150BNM for the slaves. (Comcast just hung up on me after over 30 minutes of waiting for a tech who couldn't find an answer)

ARRIS-Motorola is the second announced provider of XG1 hardware. It has a model designation of "XG1-A"("A" for ARRIS-Motorola) in small text on the bottom right of the front of the device. It is also identified as "MX011ANM" or "MX011BNM" and "ACQ-XG1" on the FCC label. It is a customized variant of the DCX3600 series. Announced in June 2013, it has finally started to become available to customers in February 2014. Press Release.

Remotes

All currently deployed X1 set-top boxes come with the XR2 remote control (Version R2 or newer). The XR2 can utilize RF communication with compatible cable boxes, this is a more dependable way to communicate which does not require line-of-sight. It also supports standard IR remote communication for the controlling of your TV and audio equipment.
The online user guide for the remote is available here:
http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/xr2-xfinity-tv-remote/
post #1794 of 1799 Old 12-09-2014, 10:40 PM

It seems the Arris can support both IR and RF simultaneously. Hopefully Comcast will let their support team know.

Last edited by GeorgeHolland; 12-17-2014 at 05:29 PM.
post #1795 of 1799 Unread Today, 08:25 AM

Liked: 0
Comcast X1 Companion Box won't activate

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with activation issues specific to Comcast X1 companion boxes. I have 3 X1 boxes: 1 main and 2 companion. I have 1 companion box that I haven't been able to get working.

I've tried all the basic troubleshooting with the jokers at Comcast tech support (tier 1). All the basics are covered: no coax issues, HDMI issues, and I've had the box replaced. The other boxes work on the outlet I'm using so I know I have adequate signal. I've also tried the box in question on other working outlets in the house. No change.

When I power on the non-working box I get "XFINITY" in red letters on the TV for about 3 seconds. It goes to either a black or gray screen. The lights on the box (model RNG 150N) light up in sequence from: Remote to Data to Record. The box is then unresponsive. The only action I can take is to unplug it. When I plug it back in the same cycle continues.

I've spent 8 hours on the phone with the clowns at Comcast...nuff said.

Any insight?
post #1796 of 1799 Unread Today, 08:42 AM

X1 Companion Box - No connectivity

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with activation issues with X1 companion boxes. I have 3 X1 boxes: 1 main and 2 companion. I have 1 companion box that I haven't been able to get working.

I've tried all the basic troubleshooting with the jokers at Comcast tech support (tier 1). All the basics are covered: no coax issues, HDMI issues. The other boxes work on the outlet so I know I have adequate signal.

When I power on the box I get "XFINITY" in red letters on the TV for about 3 seconds. It goes to either a black or gray screen. The lights on the box (model RNG 150N) light up in sequence from: Remote to Data to Record. The box is unresponsive and I have to unplug it. If I power it back up the same cycle continues.

I've spent 8 hours with the clowns at Comcast...nuff said.

Any insight?
post #1797 of 1799 Unread Today, 09:10 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 17
You should swap out the box giving you trouble. That's really the only way to know for certain it's a malfunctioning box or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spar10s93 View Post
I'm wondering if anyone has experience with activation issues with X1 companion boxes. I have 3 X1 boxes: 1 main and 2 companion. I have 1 companion box that I haven't been able to get working.

I've tried all the basic troubleshooting with the jokers at Comcast tech support (tier 1). All the basics are covered: no coax issues, HDMI issues. The other boxes work on the outlet so I know I have adequate signal.

When I power on the box I get "XFINITY" in red letters on the TV for about 3 seconds. It goes to either a black or gray screen. The lights on the box (model RNG 150N) light up in sequence from: Remote to Data to Record. The box is unresponsive and I have to unplug it. If I power it back up the same cycle continues.

I've spent 8 hours with the clowns at Comcast...nuff said.

Any insight?

Can your HTPC Media Center / DVR Do this??

SageTV: Unrestricted full-quality 12 tuner HD Premium Cable recording, including "On Demand" in HD + OTA ATSC + DVB-S2 + Blu-ray/HD-DVD serving 5 clients.
post #1798 of 1799 Unread Today, 01:06 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question: Can the Xfinity X1 system components be connected via CAT5 cabling instead of RG6? I'm considering switching from Uverse to Comcast but I would like to keep my network cabling intact. Currently my NID is connected to the AT&T gateway via RG6 and then all my AT&T Uverse boxes are connected to a 8 port switch with CAT5 and the switch is connected to one of the gateway's ethernet ports. None of the other RG6 coax currently run in my home has been homerun to gateway location so going back to the RG6 cable distribution.

Thanks in advance for your comments.
post #1799 of 1799 Unread Today, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKANET View Post
You should swap out the box giving you trouble. That's really the only way to know for certain it's a malfunctioning box or not.
I've already replaced the box and the 2nd box replicated the issue. This is the reason I think it is an issue with the main box recognizing the companion box OR Comcast has not activated the companion box correctly.

I think I've ruled out connectivity issues and hardware issues with the box in question.
Reply HDTV Recorders

Tags
x1 comcast activation problem companion

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page