Official* Xfinity X1 STB Thread - Page 61 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 23Likes

post #1801 of 2038 Old 12-25-2014, 09:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce24 View Post
I few times now I have had an issue were a show I scheduled to record doesn't show up under recordings on the X1 DVR or satellites, but does show up when I look at recordings on my tablet. Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks,

-Bruce
I have experienced this also. Sometimes it is the reverse where it doesn't show on the tablet but it is on the DVR. I called Comcast a couple of times. Each time they claimed that they would research it and call back. That was a few weeks ago and I am still waiting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1802 of 2038 Old 12-26-2014, 07:41 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by spar10s93 View Post
I'm wondering if anyone has experience with activation issues specific to Comcast X1 companion boxes. I have 3 X1 boxes: 1 main and 2 companion. I have 1 companion box that I haven't been able to get working.

I've tried all the basic troubleshooting with the jokers at Comcast tech support (tier 1). All the basics are covered: no coax issues, HDMI issues, and I've had the box replaced. The other boxes work on the outlet I'm using so I know I have adequate signal. I've also tried the box in question on other working outlets in the house. No change.

When I power on the non-working box I get "XFINITY" in red letters on the TV for about 3 seconds. It goes to either a black or gray screen. The lights on the box (model RNG 150N) light up in sequence from: Remote to Data to Record. The box is then unresponsive. The only action I can take is to unplug it. When I plug it back in the same cycle continues.

I've spent 8 hours on the phone with the clowns at Comcast...nuff said.

Any insight?
We had the same issue. We had the Comcast installer come back and she replaced the slave box. Then they sent out a technician who said all the wiring in our condo complex was too old for the X1 system and had to be replaced. The wiring subcontractor was next, he said the wiring was fine it was in the connectors used 30 years ago. He changed the connectors.
Our problem, when we turned on the slave box and tv in the morning, it would not connect to Comcast. After several calls to Comcast, and them telling us to unplug the slave and reconnect, we did it automatically every morning. But, I wanted to find out the problem. Luckily, when installer and technicians came, they left a card with the supervisor's email and phone number.
When the tech support hung up on me, and I finally cooled off, I called the supervisor. He did not respond. So, three days later I wrote an angry email to him and his boss, both names are on the card. Within 10 minutes, I had a call from a senior tech. She arranged to be at the condo the next morning. She admitted that this is a common fault of the slave. She took the HDMI cables off and replaced with red, yellow and white connectors (i think they are RCA?). Slave has worked ever since.
post #1803 of 2038 Old 12-26-2014, 07:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by cambridgehank View Post
We had the same issue. We had the Comcast installer come back and she replaced the slave box. Then they sent out a technician who said all the wiring in our condo complex was too old for the X1 system and had to be replaced. The wiring subcontractor was next, he said the wiring was fine it was in the connectors used 30 years ago. He changed the connectors.
Our problem, when we turned on the slave box and tv in the morning, it would not connect to Comcast. After several calls to Comcast, and them telling us to unplug the slave and reconnect, we did it automatically every morning. But, I wanted to find out the problem. Luckily, when installer and technicians came, they left a card with the supervisor's email and phone number.
When the tech support hung up on me, and I finally cooled off, I called the supervisor. He did not respond. So, three days later I wrote an angry email to him and his boss, both names are on the card. Within 10 minutes, I had a call from a senior tech. She arranged to be at the condo the next morning. She admitted that this is a common fault of the slave. She took the HDMI cables off and replaced with red, yellow and white connectors (i think they are RCA?). Slave has worked ever since.
If you ever wanted to watch HDTV on this slave, sounds like you may be out of luck (unless you have component cables handy)
post #1804 of 2038 Old 12-27-2014, 05:45 AM

Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by billmich View Post
If you ever wanted to watch HDTV on this slave, sounds like you may be out of luck (unless you have component cables handy)
No problems yet, thanks for the heads up
post #1805 of 2038 Old 12-27-2014, 02:31 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm going to echo the HDMI slave issues. I get handshake issues and can't connect to Comcast errors all the time. Switch to component (red,green,blue) and no issues. I'm generally happy with X1 but compared to other consumer electronics releases these things seemed half baked.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
post #1806 of 2038 Old 01-02-2015, 12:24 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I just moved from DirecTV Genie to XFinity X1 because it saved us about $150 a month. Unfortunately, I lost a lot of features we relied on. I should have done more research, admittedly, but honestly thought at this point in time that these features were "no brainers." I'm hoping XFinity is working on these?
  • I can't pause live tv upstairs on the companion box. HUGE feature lost from Genie and even our old Comcast boxes.
  • Unbelievably, when you hit play after a FF, it doesn't backup like every other DVR on the planet.
  • No direct access from the remote to DVR -- multiple clicks to get there. What?
  • If service goes down, you can't play anything you recorded. What?

Are any of these things on the roadmap to get fixed? Particularly the first two -- that should just be software fixes. I wasn't told about them until AFTER we installed it (the installer felt bad about it, but it was what it was).

We are only a few weeks into using it. I'm trying to find out what I gained from this over my old comcast box other than being able to record from upstairs now. The other older boxes may have had an ugly interface, but they worked.
post #1807 of 2038 Old 01-05-2015, 06:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Hello,

When I am watching a show from the X1 DVR, it seems like the "status bar" pops up at the top of the hour. (I am talking about the main unit, not the 'slave' unit)

Is there a setting I can change so this doesn't happen? I was trying to send a program to a DVD recorder and had to re-send and edit because of this.
Please help me if you can

Thank you for your time and consideration
post #1808 of 2038 Old 01-05-2015, 01:05 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Should i stay the heck away from this X1 system?

My story:
I'm in the Chicago burbs and I currently pay about $240 a month for the triple play when all is said and done. I have a standard dvr, a HD box, a SD box (that i need to upgrade to HD hence this whole decision process because our Tivo Series 2 died, finaly, RIP.) and a TivoHD with cable card. I currently have the HD Preferred XF package at $169 a month, and they charge me 9.95 x 3 for the boxes/dual tuner card and another 8.00 for the DVR function. I also pay $10 a month for HBO.

When i called Comcast to upgrade my SD box (old large black motorola box) to HD they said if i take my SD box to the service center they will charge me $15 dollars to swap it yet if they ship me a HD box it would cost me $9.95 for the shipping but no swap fee. They could not explain why those options were so convoluted. SO the deal they offered is $199 a month that includes the DVR and 3 HD boxes plus $9.95 for the cable card + taxes/fees...roughly the same as i pay now except an install fee of $39.95 to come out and swap out all my gear for the X1. They say I'd get 220+ channels and all the pay channels like HBO, Skinimax, Showtime etc. Locked in for 2 years if i get it all done. I'm not going anywhere so that doesn't matter so much.

I get that you can only pause shows on the DVR and only watch them on the companion boxes..fine. What else can one expect? Are the menus slow? I'd like to move a TV to the other side of the room, are the boxes wireless or do i have to run a new wire?

Hoping you can help me decide what to do as I'm fearing the upgrade because it seems i won't be able to revert back.

thanks,

Pete
post #1809 of 2038 Old 01-06-2015, 04:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by billmich View Post
Hello,

When I am watching a show from the X1 DVR, it seems like the "status bar" pops up at the top of the hour. (I am talking about the main unit, not the 'slave' unit)

Is there a setting I can change so this doesn't happen? I was trying to send a program to a DVD recorder and had to re-send and edit because of this.
Please help me if you can

Thank you for your time and consideration
I've only seen this happen when you are watching a show that is in the process of recording. That is, show X (a one-hour show) started recording at 9:00 pm and you started watching it at 9:15. When the recording ends at 10:00 pm, the status bar pops up as a way of letting you know the recording has completed. I don't know of any way to turn this off.
billmich likes this.

post #1810 of 2038 Old 01-06-2015, 05:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzGuyy View Post
I've only seen this happen when you are watching a show that is in the process of recording. That is, show X (a one-hour show) started recording at 9:00 pm and you started watching it at 9:15. When the recording ends at 10:00 pm, the status bar pops up as a way of letting you know the recording has completed. I don't know of any way to turn this off.
Thank you so much for this answer. I believe I was "chasing the recording" in this football game as I has set the end time to be 1 1/2 hours later than normal (just in case of overtime). And I may have done the recording before everything was all done recording.

In the future, I will make sure everything is stopped (deleted, and then recovered from trash bin) before I start up my playback

thank you
post #1811 of 2038 Old 01-08-2015, 08:29 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Went from a Directv Genie to Comcast with a Roamio Plus. Returned the Roamio Plus with mini due to issues early in the game. Now we went to a no contract Comcast Double play with an X1 DVR and linked HD receiver. That wasn't easy, but I got it.

The X1 has a few quirks right away, but we can easily live with them. Initially the X1 looks pretty cool. I'm curious, Has anyone had any success with adding an external hard drive?

Curtis
post #1812 of 2038 Old 01-08-2015, 02:18 PM
Advanced Member

We should have a "prices paid" thread to give everyone ammo to get a great deal.
post #1813 of 2038 Old 01-08-2015, 04:03 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by corradizo View Post

My story:
I'm in the Chicago burbs and I currently pay about $240 a month for the triple play when all is said and done. I have a standard dvr, a HD box, a SD box (that i need to upgrade to HD hence this whole decision process because our Tivo Series 2 died, finaly, RIP.) and a TivoHD with cable card. I currently have the HD Preferred XF package at $169 a month, and they charge me 9.95 x 3 for the boxes/dual tuner card and another 8.00 for the DVR function. I also pay $10 a month for HBO.

When i called Comcast to upgrade my SD box (old large black motorola box) to HD they said if i take my SD box to the service center they will charge me $15 dollars to swap it yet if they ship me a HD box it would cost me $9.95 for the shipping but no swap fee. They could not explain why those options were so convoluted. SO the deal they offered is $199 a month that includes the DVR and 3 HD boxes plus $9.95 for the cable card + taxes/fees...roughly the same as i pay now except an install fee of $39.95 to come out and swap out all my gear for the X1. They say I'd get 220+ channels and all the pay channels like HBO, Skinimax, Showtime etc. Locked in for 2 years if i get it all done. I'm not going anywhere so that doesn't matter so much.

I get that you can only pause shows on the DVR and only watch them on the companion boxes..fine. What else can one expect? Are the menus slow? I'd like to move a TV to the other side of the room, are the boxes wireless or do i have to run a new wire?

Hoping you can help me decide what to do as I'm fearing the upgrade because it seems i won't be able to revert back.

thanks,

Pete

I have X1 , the DVR is not wireless, you need to wire it with HDMI or Component cables, I recently upgraded from previous generation box, and the X1 is much better, I can record more shows same time and it has more memory.
Menu are fast, at least I can't complain about it. The old box settings allowed me only set up 1080i with X1 I can set up 1080p.
Very easy to go trough settings for audio and picture.
I can do fast forward , pause , rewind for live shows and movies. If I switched to channel where movie or show has been on for a while, if I press record, it's somehow manage to record from beginning. I don't know what options you had with TiVo , so it's hard to compare all the things.
More or less I am happy with X1, only thing is I can't manage to do is hook up the DVR to TV with one HDMI cable directly for picture and sound. I am still in search for good 4K home theater receiver and temporarily use my new Samsung UHD TV original speakers. With optical cable for sound and HDMI for picture it's working, but I should be able to use just one HDMI cable for picture and sound directly from DVR
I found a way to get it when I use Ultra HDMI True Matrix 4X2 but still I need to run a HDMI cable out from X1 which supposed to go to TV, but then there is no sound, I plug it in to the HDMI in ARC in my TV. (The X1 box has only one HDMI out to TV ) there is 2 more HDMI inputs , but they don't do anything yet.
Few weeks ago Comcast made available 3 shows to watch in 4K quality, and more content will be available and added during this year. And also new X1 boxes will be replaced with new X1 for availability to watch 4K programs.
So I hooked HDMI out from DVR to matrix HDMI in and from Matrix one HDMI out to TV HDMI in ARC input.
For some reason it doesn't work directly , I have no sound and the picture is poor quality. Around 3AM the box switching off every night for few minutes , I guess to make some updates , but what's has been updated I have no clue. There is now a lot more options in X1 box which wasn't available in older boxes
On Xfinity On Demand it offers shows and movies based on your watching and recording preferences , you can search shows and movies by actors names, movie titles , it has wireless built in , but not for hooking up with TV ,still need a cables.
I had to get the triple play as well in order to have the X1 box, I never use the home phone and never will, just for the X1 I did it. But they charged me $50 for the swap service which I could do myself, but they didn't allowed me to do that way.
What's your internet speed with your package?
I have the triple play and one DVR , and 100 Mbs internet , but it goes well behind 100, so I get around 120 -130 down and 30-40 up. And I pay $125 with all taxes and fees and DVR rental.
So the total review for me , I would say it was worth to get the X1 and I am happy about it, and my net speed.
Now just I am working to get 4K receiver and , agh yes I forgot, they also upgraded my modem, I have the CISCO wireless modem and I bought Asus AC2400 dual band router, with 4K streaming available. Also my downstream signal is not good enough so I bought Motorola Broadband amplifier for TV and other for Internet , also the router says its MoCa ready as well , and besides all that trying how. To set up that too, I bought a MoCa filter , and brand new quad shielded CATV cables and Cat 7 Ethernet cables , and UHD 4K 36Gbs HDMI cables and Extreme broadband cable splitters with 5-3GHz capability and 1002 MHz /EMI -130dB.
So now I am trying to put everything together, but sometimes something very very deep inside me telling that I went too far, but most of the times the feeling that I have all this to play with makes me happy ))
In case someone with better experience reading this, would be so kind and tell me where did I went overboard)
If that helps I have screenshots from my TV signal strength
To return to the topic ,I would get the X1 DVR. For some reason at the beginning it was broadcasting 720p, and I wasn't able to change, but now everything went back to normal and I am able to watch in 1080p
Here are some screenshots from TV about the signal.
Hopefully someone could tell me if I was even a little bit to right way, or all this what I got wasn't needed at all.
Thank you very much!!!!Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420761750.609772.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	214.5 KB
ID:	467266Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420761764.826447.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	247.5 KB
ID:	467274Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420761807.329958.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	210.5 KB
ID:	467282

Sent from my using Tapatalk
post #1814 of 2038 Old 01-08-2015, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corradizo View Post

My story:

thanks,

Pete

I have X1 , the DVR is not wireless, you need to wire it with HDMI or Component cables, I recently upgraded from previous generation box, and the X1 is much better, I can record more shows same time and it has more memory.
Menu are fast, at least I can't complain about it. The old box settings allowed me only set up 1080i with X1 I can set up 1080p.
I can do fast forward , pause , rewind for live shows and movies. If I switched to channel where movie or show has been on for a while, if I press record, it's somehow manage to record from beginning. I don't know what options you had with TiVo , so it's hard to compare all the things.
More or less I am happy with X1, only thing is I can't manage to do is hook up the DVR to TV with one HDMI cable directly for picture and sound. I am still in search for good 4K home theater receiver and temporarily use my new Samsung UHD TV original speakers. With optical cable for sound and HDMI for picture it's working, but I should be able to use just one HDMI cable for picture and sound directly from DVR
I found a way to get it when I use Ultra HDMI True Matrix 4X2 but still I need to run a HDMI cable out from X1 which supposed to go to TV, but then there is no sound, I plug it in to the HDMI in ARC in my TV. (The X1 box has only one HDMI out to TV ) there is 2 more HDMI inputs , but they don't do anything yet.
Few weeks ago Comcast made available 3 shows to watch in 4K quality, and more content will be available and added during this year. And also new X1 boxes will be replaced with new X1 for availability to watch 4K programs.
So I hooked HDMI out from DVR to matrix HDMI in and from Matrix one HDMI out to TV HDMI in ARC input.
For some reason it doesn't work directly , I have no sound and the picture is poor quality. Around 3AM the box switching off every night for few minutes , I guess to make some updates , but what's has been updated I have no clue. There is now a lot more options in X1 box which wasn't available in older boxes
On Xfinity On Demand it offers shows and movies based on your watching and recording preferences , you can search shows and movies by actors names, movie titles , it has wireless built in , but not for hooking up with TV ,still need a cables.
I had to get the triple play as well in order to have the X1 box, I never use the home phone and never will, just for the X1 I did it. But they charged me $50 for the swap service which I could do myself, but they didn't allowed me to do that way.
I have the triple play and one DVR , and 100 Mbs internet , but it goes well behind 100, so I get around 120 -130 down and 30-40 up. And I pay $125 with all taxes and fees and DVR rental.
So the total review for me , I would say it was worth to get the X1 and I am happy about it, and my net speed.
Now just I am working to get 4K receiver and , agh yes I forgot, they also upgraded my modem, I have the CISCO wireless modem and I bought Asus AC2400 dual band router, with 4K streaming available. Also my downstream signal is not good enough so I bought Motorola Broadband amplifier for TV and other for Internet , also the router says its MoCa ready as well , and besides all that trying how. To set up that too, I bought a MoCa filter , and brand new quad shielded CATV cables and Cat 7 Ethernet cables , and UHD 4K 36Gbs HDMI cables and Extreme broadband cable splitters with 5-3GHz capability and 1002 MHz /EMI -130dB.
So now I am trying to put everything together, but sometimes something very very deep inside me telling that I went too far, but most of the times the feeling that I have all this to play with makes me happy ))
In case someone with better experience reading this, would be so kind and tell me where did I went overboard)
To return to the topic ,I would get the X1 DVR. For some reason at the beginning it was broadcasting 720p, and I wasn't able to change, but now everything went back to normal and I am able to watch in 1080p
Hopefully someone could tell me if I was even a little bit to right way, or all this what I got wasn't needed at all.
Thank you very much!!!Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420761992.043521.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	247.5 KB
ID:	467298

post #1815 of 2038 Old 01-08-2015, 04:09 PM

Sorry about the double post, I don't know how to delete one.

post #1816 of 2038 Old 01-09-2015, 06:04 AM
AVS Special Member

click edit on the post, then there will be a delete button
post #1817 of 2038 Old 01-09-2015, 07:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roikins View Post
Thank you very much!!!Attachment 467298

Thanks for the feedback. I'm waiting for the cable guy to get here. I accepted the xfinity complete package for the 199 special for 24mo. 1dvr, 3 boxes, modem, 100 internet speed and the cable card for trusty tivohd. Hope I don't have to post back a horror story!!
post #1818 of 2038 Old 01-14-2015, 02:20 PM
Advanced Member

Slight horror show. All worked for a day then I could see shows that were recorded on my DVR. I figured it out on the Comcast forum. Need to disable the MOCA setting on the Cisco router. Bam, been solid for two days.
post #1819 of 2038 Old 01-14-2015, 02:58 PM
Advanced Member

Any of you use a programmable remote with X1?

What manufacturer and model number are you guys using for your codes?

I've noticed that there two different model numbers for each box. One is from comcast and one is from Arris. On the companion box is comcast or Samsung. Each have there own model number.

Another thing I've noticed is there isn't a STOP button on the X1 remote! Why not? Or am I missing something.
post #1820 of 2038 Old 01-14-2015, 02:59 PM
Advanced Member

I've noticed that there two different model numbers for each box. One is from comcast and one is from Arris. On the companion box is comcast or Samsung. Each have there own model number.

Another thing I've noticed is there isn't a STOP button on the X1 remote! Why not? Or am I missing something.

And there isn't a direct button to go to my DVR recordings? Why not? Or am I missing something here also.
post #1821 of 2038 Old 01-15-2015, 06:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd1010 View Post

And there isn't a direct button to go to my DVR recordings? Why not? Or am I missing something here also.
Hitting "exit" will act the same as "stop"
corradizo likes this.
post #1822 of 2038 Old 01-15-2015, 05:20 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd1010 View Post

I'm using a Harmony One and the settings for the XfinityX1 if that helps.
post #1823 of 2038 Old 01-22-2015, 05:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
+1000 on making sure to get a blue PPC signal booster/splitter if you have X1

I did a self install of 4x boxes (1 dvr 3 regs) and a new router last week and assumed our cable setup would have been fine as a comcast contractor that used to live next door home ran our whole house way back when we moved in years ago so we had a singal booster as well already, the DVR worked ok but the other boxes did not and were very slow, after researching here and on comcasts forums i bought a PPC EVO 5 (blue one) off ebay just got done installing it and now everything is working great!

it was always just uplink that was bad because of the 8 way splitter we had previously that was splitting everything at the drop. the small boxes all would be pegged at their max of 51 dbmv and the DVR at 54 now all the boxes are sitting nicely at 43-44 dbmv uplink and downlink is 0-4 dbmv depending on box due to length of line runs from the drop. SNR is unchanged at 42-43 db!! so lesson is as others have said many times if you have slow and poor performing X1 boxes check your signals these things are very sensitive to it and the small boxes esp don't seem to have the power built into them to overcome heavy splitting and signal loss.

If you're a gamer or interested in using an LCD TV as a primary monitor take a look at my thread on Input Lag
post #1824 of 2038 Old 01-28-2015, 05:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
IR Control of the X1 DVR/Box

I control my theater system with a Elan Via Tools equipment and programming. I have the Elan IR Leaner and have copied remote codes for quite a few devices with no issue. I copied the Xfinity codes from a X4 and a X2 remote. All codes showed a good capture, however, they will not control the X1 with the exception of the Xfinity Menu button. The Elan system can interpret codes from a Pronto .ccf file or a Niles Audio file. However, I cannot find any files for this model or any Comcast box.
Is there anything special about these codes that cannot be interpreted by another learning unit? Any direction would be appreciated. I have not called Comcast as I have no doubt that it would be a waste of time.

John
post #1825 of 2038 Old 01-29-2015, 06:11 AM

Does anyone know what the hard drive size is in the most current X1 DVR is? Thanks in advance :-)
post #1826 of 2038 Old 01-29-2015, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked: 306
My 7 month old X1 has a 500GB HD. Cloud storage is supposedly coming, but when is the big question.
post #1827 of 2038 Old 01-30-2015, 09:47 AM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Every time I consider moving to the X1 I start reading the threads and I reconsider. This thing has been out over a year now and it still seems like there are a lot of bugs. Maybe it depands where the user is located. Some areas seem to have advanced services and features as well as hardware.

Can anyone answer if the X1 box will "pass though" the native signal of the source? As in ABC, Fox in 720P and others in 1080I.

I am still on the fence about the X1 and I am an early adopter of most technology, but I am glad I did jump on his right away.
post #1828 of 2038 Old 01-30-2015, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrybud View Post
Every time I consider moving to the X1 I start reading the threads and I reconsider. This thing has been out over a year now and it still seems like there are a lot of bugs. Maybe it depands where the user is located. Some areas seem to have advanced services and features as well as hardware.

Can anyone answer if the X1 box will "pass though" the native signal of the source? As in ABC, Fox in 720P and others in 1080I.

I am still on the fence about the X1 and I am an early adopter of most technology, but I am glad I did jump on his right away.
NO native
I know ATT u-verse doesn't do this either

weirdly enough, Comcast regular non-dvr HD boxes do have a native mode
post #1829 of 2038 Old 02-01-2015, 04:47 AM

X1...Screen goes black or blue several times when thru receiver

Hi All -

I have a Pioneer Elite Receiver, 70 inch Sony W850B TV and the Comcast X1 DVR box. I have everything hooked up via hdmi...my X1 box doesn't have component as an option to try. Every so often...sometime multiple times throughout the day, the screen will just go completely black or blue. The only way I can figure out to get the picture back is to actually unplug the hdmi from the X1 box, plug a different hdmi in then switch back. It doesn't help to change the input settings back and forth, unplug the box etc. It is a weird problem, but very annoying.

Any thoughts or ideas would be very helpful. Thank you in advance.
post #1830 of 2038 Old 02-01-2015, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 125
It sounds like an HDMI handshake issue. I have seen this on my TV when the HDMI connection from the X1 box to my Pioneer Elite receiver is even the slightest bit loose. I can usually correct it by resetting the connection. In my case, this happens when I have been fiddling around with other connections and accidentally loosen the box to receiver connection ever so slightly. Other causes for this can be a too stiff or too heavy HDMI cable that can loosen slightly due to weight or tension.

I would recommend trying a different HDMI cable and being absolutely sure you have the tightest fit possible. Many HDMI cables are notorious for not fitting well.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Tags
x1 comcast activation problem companion

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page