Official* Xfinity X1 STB Thread - Page 63 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 13Likes

post #1861 of 1878 Old 02-16-2015, 09:20 PM
Gov
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by billmich View Post
Just record the show you are currently watching, then while you are "chasing the recording", you can pause and rewind on a companion box

Just did that tonight with Gotham
billmich likes this.

Main HT Room: Panny TC-P65VT60 (calibrated by Chad B), Denon AVR-4311, Comcast X1 DVR, Apple TV3, Sony BDP-S5100, Speakers: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers, Sierra Horizon and HTM-200SE, Dual Power Sound Audio XV15 Subwoofers
Basement HT Room: Panny TC-P58V10 (Black Level Restored!), Denon AVR-E300, Comcast X1 STB, Sony BDP-S590, Speakers: Wave Crest Audio HVL-1 (L/C/R), Pioneer SP-BS 22 (Surr) and Power Sound Audio XV15 Subwoofer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1862 of 1878 Old 02-17-2015, 08:05 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Had the X1 installed yesterday and all is going well for the most part. I have a Yamaha RX-V471 audio receiver and the techs programmed it to the remote. The volume buttons on the remote work fine, however I cannot get the all ON power button to turn the unit on or off. Anyone experience this and able to provide me a solution?
post #1863 of 1878 Old 02-17-2015, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 39
comcast/X1 remotes have never been able to power on and off Yamaha AVR's
post #1864 of 1878 Old 02-17-2015, 10:28 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Just record the show you are currently watching, then while you are "chasing the recording", you can pause and rewind on a companion box
Right...that's what you had to do in the early days of U-Verse before that was added as a standard feature.
post #1865 of 1878 Old 02-17-2015, 10:31 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dak60 View Post
Had the X1 installed yesterday and all is going well for the most part. I have a Yamaha RX-V471 audio receiver and the techs programmed it to the remote. The volume buttons on the remote work fine, however I cannot get the all ON power button to turn the unit on or off. Anyone experience this and able to provide me a solution?
Did the tech leave behind the remote control instructions? There might be multiple codes for you AVR. You might try to do a google search for Remote Codes for your model receiver. That's what I had to do with my Seiki 4K TV in order for the X1 remote to control it.
post #1866 of 1878 Old 02-17-2015, 11:52 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have the instructions and will attempt to use other codes. Tried it yesterday without success but will try again. First response to my post indicated yamaha AV have never been able to power on/off with comcast remotes. Don't completely understand why that would be, but it certainly seems to be a true statement. My older Onkyo works fine with my other HD box.
post #1867 of 1878 Old 02-18-2015, 09:08 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So a new issue which is going to have a tech coming out and probably replacing our box. We've had this thing since December, and in the past few weeks we have noticed that a bunch of recorded shows are pixilated and freeze. Given that is what drove us from DirecTV (as well as price), we are disappointed. I've missed a bunch of shows because of this issue. So it's either a faulty DVR or a crap signal, but now everyone is scrambling to try to watch their shows before the box gets swapped out.

Anyone else have this kind of issue with the X1?
post #1868 of 1878 Old 02-18-2015, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dak60 View Post
I have the instructions and will attempt to use other codes. Tried it yesterday without success but will try again. First response to my post indicated yamaha AV have never been able to power on/off with comcast remotes. Don't completely understand why that would be, but it certainly seems to be a true statement. My older Onkyo works fine with my other HD box.
never worked for my 2001 era RX-V3000, doesn't work for my RX-A3010 now
post #1869 of 1878 Old 02-20-2015, 07:56 AM

Can the X1 hard drive be cloned?

When I upgraded to X1, I went from 2 DVRs with 1TB and 500Gb drives to a single 500Gb drive, which is filling up fast. I read in a review of an external doc that the owner had cloned his DVR drive to a 4TB drive using this: ORICO 6629US3-C USB 3.0 Dual Bay 2.5-inch and 3.5-inch SATA Hard Drive Docking Station with Stand Alone Clone Function. Apparently this does a sector by sector copy so it might work even on encrypted drives.

I have been thinking about getting something like that anyway as a dock, but the non-connected cloning for a few extra bucks sounds worth it if it can clone the DVR drive. I do wonder what it does to make the partition larger if anything, or if you have to use software to do that, and if so, if that will then work in the DVR.

Anyone out there tried this yet?
post #1870 of 1878 Old 02-20-2015, 08:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbharriso View Post
When I upgraded to X1, I went from 2 DVRs with 1TB and 500Gb drives to a single 500Gb drive, which is filling up fast. I read in a review of an external doc that the owner had cloned his DVR drive to a 4TB drive using this: ORICO 6629US3-C USB 3.0 Dual Bay 2.5-inch and 3.5-inch SATA Hard Drive Docking Station with Stand Alone Clone Function. Apparently this does a sector by sector copy so it might work even on encrypted drives.

I have been thinking about getting something like that anyway as a dock, but the non-connected cloning for a few extra bucks sounds worth it if it can clone the DVR drive. I do wonder what it does to make the partition larger if anything, or if you have to use software to do that, and if so, if that will then work in the DVR.

Anyone out there tried this yet?
What did you have before that was a 1TB drive? were you HTPC? what cable company were u using?
post #1871 of 1878 Old 02-20-2015, 11:14 AM

Quote:
What did you have before that was a 1TB drive? were you HTPC? what cable company were u using?
I had a Comcast DVR, that I _think_ was a version that they had prior to X1 that allowed you to have satellite boxes and play from the main box. This quickly proved unacceptable because it only had 2 tuners. But it did have a 1TB hard drive so I kept when I upgraded the satellite box to a DVR. Sorry I do not remember the model but I think it was a Motorola.
post #1872 of 1878 Old 02-23-2015, 07:00 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 18
hello all,

anyone using high speed hdmi cables with x1? yesterday's tech stated since i go from cable box to receiver then receiver to tv, i should use high speed hdmi cables. after doing some high speed cable research i order 2 amazon brand cables. they should arrive today. i'll keep everyone posted.

June
"IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"
post #1873 of 1878 Old 02-23-2015, 04:12 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldsonjune View Post
hello all,

anyone using high speed hdmi cables with x1? yesterday's tech stated since i go from cable box to receiver then receiver to tv, i should use high speed hdmi cables. after doing some high speed cable research i order 2 amazon brand cables. they should arrive today. i'll keep everyone posted.

I just installed high speed HDMI 2.0 cables from X1 to TV. I only did this because I have a 4K UHD TV and thought that I should get the high speed cables. I haven't noticed any difference so it probably was not necessary. But at $17.98 for two 6 ft HDMI cables, it is worth upgraded IMO.
post #1874 of 1878 Old 02-23-2015, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 18
yes murffe1,

I just got 2 amazon brand for $8.29. not picture difference but I hope this stops the freezes & jitters.

June
"IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"
post #1875 of 1878 Old 02-27-2015, 02:07 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
hello all,

I go x1 companion to receiver to projector. I spent some $ on a high speed from receiver to projector since its in-wall but now wondering if my issue could be the standard cable it came with from x1 to receiver. I posted a thread on my issue but my setup has worked for over a year but this is the second time it's happened where I lost sound and picture freezes and remote becomes useless. Basically the x1 box craps out. Blu-ray and xbox both pass thru the receiver and use the same HDMI to projector and work great. IMO I'm getting a firmware update or something on the x1 box that causes this b/c the first time the tier 2 xfinity support had me reset to factory settings and it worked again but this time nobody can seem to tell me how to do this. I'm trying to track down how to do that again since I didn't write down the code but it involved holding the power button plus entering a code. Now I'm wondering if it's not something with needing a higher quality HDMI from x1 to receiver. HOwever, i tested the setup and went to a small LCD instead of to projector and that worked. So frustrated with this. Going to try DVR down there as well since I'm hearing that might work. Btw, it works if I bail on the HDMI from x1 to receiver and use component and optical but i want HDMI back.
post #1876 of 1878 Old 02-28-2015, 02:06 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Hello all,

I'm not sure what's going on, but I noticed today that my guide was different. There is channel information at the bottom so I checked firmware.

2.0 firmware with 1.49.09 server.

My issue is everything is REALLY slow. It's been slow, but never like this. The remote hardly responds to any input and now it's randomly cutting off. If I press up a few times when the guides up the number 2 starts popping up like it's trying to change the channel to 2. It's never done that before. I've rebooted several times and it doesn't help. I believe I got the update last night as I've never noticed the information for each channel before at the bottom of the guide. The guide went all the way to the bottom of the screen before. I prefer that anway.

So has anyone experienced the random cutting off? It'll cut off pressing the guide button too at times.

edit: I called Comcast and they put me through the basic tests I've tried all day. They seem to think it's my remote. I find it hard to believe, but I'll give it a whirl when it comes.

Last edited by kantonburg; 02-28-2015 at 03:14 PM.
post #1877 of 1878 Old 02-28-2015, 08:44 PM

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Forgive me if this has been posted prior but I don't want to go through 64 pages of the thread.
I am curious if anyone is aware of a bug or if it has been fixed. Below is the issue.

Box version is current and updated. Comcast X1 Anyroom Main DVR Box XG1-P (Pace) As listed on front panel top right side - 5.1 Surround Sound optical cannot output with the HDMI out simultaneously? So I had to use my 2nd choice the HD component out instead which then activates the optical out for sound to my amp. I called Comcast they were aware of this issue but still no fix after like 1-2 years?

I was told the Arris box XG1-A's firmware is a non issue on this, but of course I have the Pace one. Comcast said they had the Arris boxes still in the system but were unclear how to get one. Later this year I am planning on upgrading my old HD to a 4k and some have audio pass through, even so they differ in DD or DTS 5.1 or only 2 channel brand dependant. Since I have an older Yamaha RX-Z7 so I will prefer to run the HDMI high speed out from the X1 box direct to the new 4k TV. And hopefully sound if they fixed the bug from its optical out to my amps optical in. Otherwise it may be a crap shoot if the 4k will do proper pass through since the models I am considering are not yet out for 2015.

I wished I would of known Direct TV has a 4k "Genie" box since I am now locked into a 2 year contract with Comcast now. AFAIK Comcast has no current 4k capable box, but possibly one in the future. Last satellite company I lost picture every time it rained which was a bummer.

Below is a short thread I seen online where others have the similar issue. I just wish to know if anyone has any newer info & if its been fixed? Also has anyone heard news of when Comcast will release 4k capable newer boxes? Seems like the newest tech always comes to Satellite 1st then later Comcast, remember when HD 1080p arrived it was not Comcast that had their boxes ready 1st it was the Satellite companies.

Link: http://forums.comcast.com/t5/forums/...e/false/page/1

Thanks!

What we will be is not what we are, what we are is not what we were...therefore hoping in all things becomes possible.

Last edited by timc1475; 02-28-2015 at 11:08 PM.
post #1878 of 1878 Old Today, 10:12 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
yes murffe1,

I just got 2 amazon brand for $8.29. not picture difference but I hope this stops the freezes & jitters.
Have you noticed any difference? I'm thinking about swapping out the HDMI cables on my X1 remote boxes too...one in particular keeps losing signal to the TV intermittently.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Tags
x1 comcast activation problem companion