Official* Xfinity X1 STB Thread - Page 69 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old Today, 06:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardballpete View Post
I am seeing what i can describe as horizontal black lines on a lot of commercials on my x1 box. They look like scan lines?
Don't see them on the actual program I'm watching, but they appear when the commercials start. I've tried setting the box to 1080p and 1080i - same mystery.

What the .....??
Is this affecting all commercials or only commercials for local companies and products? If the latter, I suspect the problem is with Comcast's system that injects local commercials into programming in your area. In some areas, many local commercials can still be in SD which might have something to do with this. You might call Comcast and ask about this. For me, since this only affected commercials which I regularly skip, I wouldn't find this an issue to worry about. I am positive there is nothing wrong with either your box or your TV.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
x1 comcast activation problem companion