Official* Xfinity X1 STB Thread - Page 69 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 23Likes
post #2041 of 2046 Old 09-02-2015, 06:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardballpete View Post
I am seeing what i can describe as horizontal black lines on a lot of commercials on my x1 box. They look like scan lines?
Don't see them on the actual program I'm watching, but they appear when the commercials start. I've tried setting the box to 1080p and 1080i - same mystery.

What the .....??
Is this affecting all commercials or only commercials for local companies and products? If the latter, I suspect the problem is with Comcast's system that injects local commercials into programming in your area. In some areas, many local commercials can still be in SD which might have something to do with this. You might call Comcast and ask about this. For me, since this only affected commercials which I regularly skip, I wouldn't find this an issue to worry about. I am positive there is nothing wrong with either your box or your TV.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2042 of 2046 Old 09-02-2015, 03:08 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Yeah, some of the affected commercials look SD. But some don't that are affected. Not happening on all commercials. It's not a huge annoyance, but why the lines? Weird. Never saw this with directv.
post #2043 of 2046 Old Yesterday, 08:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I've been mulling over switching from my DCX3400 Anyroom system to the X1, now that most of the bugs seem to be fixed. However, I have a couple of concerns. First, in the documentation I've read, it seems the X1 can save a recorded program only for one year, not forever. It's not likely I'll ever save anything for more than a year, but my current system gives me that option, and I'm reluctant to give up that option. Has this been a problem for anyone?

Second, I can't seem to find any documentation on how large the hard drive is on the X1. Is it 500G, like my current system? Or 1T, like it should be. I thought I read that the X1 can store 60 hours of HD programming, which seems to be more than my current system can store (1 hour of HD takes up about 1% of my 500G drive, so only about 50 hours max).

And third, my current drive is about 50% full of programming I'd like to watch. Is there any way to transfer the programming from the old system to the new one?

Finally, I'd like to maintain both a 30-second skip and 5-minute skip, like I can with my current system. Anyone figure out how to do that yet?
post #2044 of 2046 Old Yesterday, 09:01 AM
Wireless member

Quoted: 366 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossbeaux View Post
I've been mulling over switching from my DCX3400 Anyroom system to the X1, now that most of the bugs seem to be fixed. However, I have a couple of concerns. First, in the documentation I've read, it seems the X1 can save a recorded program only for one year, not forever. It's not likely I'll ever save anything for more than a year, but my current system gives me that option, and I'm reluctant to give up that option. Has this been a problem for anyone?
It hasn't been a problem for me, but then I do not look to my X1 system for archiving. For that I rip BD's to my server and use a media streamer. I pretty much only watch "TV programs" on the X1, though I do have "Into The Blue" on it ...

Quote:
And third, my current drive is about 50% full of programming I'd like to watch. Is there any way to transfer the programming from the old system to the new one?
No.

Quote:
Finally, I'd like to maintain both a 30-second skip and 5-minute skip, like I can with my current system. Anyone figure out how to do that yet?
Fast fingers and good eye-hand coordination.
post #2045 of 2046 Old Yesterday, 07:51 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
30 second skip on X1

When I moved from DISH to X1 about 6 weeks ago, I was searching for the same question. I found the answer on the X1 Forum on Comcast's Support Site. http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/X5-r...05869#U2405869 . It does work on the XR11 Voice remote. It makes the Page Up button skip forward 30 seconds and the Page Down button skips back 15 seconds.
James Daniel Bishop
post #2046 of 2046 Unread Yesterday, 10:37 PM
Wireless member

Quoted: 366 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Wow, thanks! A whole lotta remotes are going to be receiving that reprogramming!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Tags
x1 comcast activation problem companion

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page