Official* Xfinity X1 STB Thread - Page 74 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 35Likes

post #2191 of 2210 Old 06-27-2016, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 803 Post(s)
Liked: 1712
Quote:
Originally Posted by blb1215 View Post
Thanks,
It may very well be an handshake issue but I think the "issue" is in the dvr. I have had 3 or 4 other dvrs set up in the same chain in the last 4 year or so and none have had this issue. I guess I will try to get them out for a service call or box exchange.
I have read of the same issue as well

but...can you tell us what the X1 is connected to?

btw I just received my custom installer rack mount X1 from Comcast

please take the high road in every post
Please do not respond to or quote a problematic post: report it to Mods to handle
new forum:High Dynamic Range (HDR) & Wide Color Gamut (WCG)
MQA anyone?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2192 of 2210 Old 06-28-2016, 06:28 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I have the following in the chain:
x-1 dvr
Anthem MRX 500
Darbee darblet
Pioneer KRP 600M

BTW I did a box exchange at local xfinity last night but it did the same thing this morning.

Thanks,
Barry
post #2193 of 2210 Old 06-28-2016, 06:49 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I have the following in the chain:
x-1 dvr
Anthem MRX 500
Darbee darblet
Pioneer KRP 600M

BTW I did a box exchange at local xfinity last night but it did the same thing this morning.

Thanks,
Barry
Barry

this sheds new light on the issue
to start, my suggestion is to remove the Darbee from the chain and see if it still happens

Mark

Please do not respond to or quote a problematic post: report it to Mods to handle
MQA anyone?

post #2194 of 2210 Old 06-28-2016, 07:05 AM
Advanced Member

Thanks I will give that a try tonight.
post #2195 of 2210 Old 06-28-2016, 08:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Thanks I will give that a try tonight.
Is your firmware up to date. That was a problem well over a year ago that was fixed with a firmware update. If it is updated, maybe time for a tech to come out. I hope you get a good one if that's what is needed.
post #2196 of 2210 Old 06-28-2016, 08:47 AM
Advanced Member

How do I check firmware version? Should it update automatically? Can you force an update?
post #2197 of 2210 Old 06-28-2016, 04:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
How do I check firmware version? Should it update automatically? Can you force an update?
Unfortunately I'm out of town right now and can't remember off the top of my head. Maybe someone can chime in, or just google it.
post #2198 of 2210 Old 07-05-2016, 02:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
X1 / PX013ANM / Harmony Remote / IR HELP!!

Hello all! I just upgraded to the Comcast X1 (Box model PX013ANM / XG1-P). Love the system but cannot figure out how to get my Logitech Harmony Ultimate One to work with my IR extender and the box. All of my equipment is located down the hall in a closet. I have programmed the remote, can walk in front of the X1 box and press buttons and everything works perfectly with no lag. Confirmed this by having my wife yell if there is movement on the TV when I press buttons and the little green remote light blinks. I have taken a flashlight and found a large hole on the front of the box with what looks like an LED (a little to the right of center on the box). I placed my IR receiver there and nothing works from the other room. All other equipement (xbox one, receiver, etc) is working and receiving commands just fine. I have even had my wife make button presses while i slowly move the IR eye all across the front of the X1 box and still can't get it to work. We did get some activity by placing the eye near the top of the box on the right side but that only worked for a button press or two and nothing else. This is driving me crazy. I've searched all over and cannot figure out how to get this to work. Comcast says i've programmed my remote incorrectly but how can that be if it works flawless when standing in front of the box? Has anyone found the sweet spot on this box to place an IR eye? Thanks!
post #2199 of 2210 Old 07-05-2016, 03:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1186 Post(s)
Liked: 603
Just received the new Comcast Atmos HD box. Rack mountable but super deep!!

Jeff

It's back!! Wine of the Week! Clos Martinet Tinto, Priorat DOCa, Spain ~$60. If you've not had a good Priorat, you've not truly tried Spain's smallest, yet most unique terroir.
My Home Theater of the Month- Le Petit Trianon
post #2200 of 2210 Old 07-06-2016, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by entermymatrix View Post
Hello all! I just upgraded to the Comcast X1 (Box model PX013ANM / XG1-P). Love the system but cannot figure out how to get my Logitech Harmony Ultimate One to work with my IR extender and the box. All of my equipment is located down the hall in a closet. I have programmed the remote, can walk in front of the X1 box and press buttons and everything works perfectly with no lag. Confirmed this by having my wife yell if there is movement on the TV when I press buttons and the little green remote light blinks. I have taken a flashlight and found a large hole on the front of the box with what looks like an LED (a little to the right of center on the box). I placed my IR receiver there and nothing works from the other room. All other equipement (xbox one, receiver, etc) is working and receiving commands just fine. I have even had my wife make button presses while i slowly move the IR eye all across the front of the X1 box and still can't get it to work. We did get some activity by placing the eye near the top of the box on the right side but that only worked for a button press or two and nothing else. This is driving me crazy. I've searched all over and cannot figure out how to get this to work. Comcast says i've programmed my remote incorrectly but how can that be if it works flawless when standing in front of the box? Has anyone found the sweet spot on this box to place an IR eye? Thanks!
Here is a page which shows the locations of the IR receivers of various X-1 boxes.
post #2201 of 2210 Old 07-07-2016, 03:46 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post
Just received the new Comcast Atmos HD box. Rack mountable but super deep!!

Jeff
That's cool, does it cost more than the x1 box. any advantage if I don't have the atmos speakers?
post #2202 of 2210 Old 07-08-2016, 03:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhamp View Post
That's cool, does it cost more than the x1 box. any advantage if I don't have the atmos speakers?
I have no idea. I'll have to wait until my bill comes.
I've been out of town but will set up this weekend. I know it has IP control.

I'll keep you posted.

It's back!! Wine of the Week! Clos Martinet Tinto, Priorat DOCa, Spain ~$60. If you've not had a good Priorat, you've not truly tried Spain's smallest, yet most unique terroir.
post #2203 of 2210 Old 07-20-2016, 06:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post
I have no idea. I'll have to wait until my bill comes.
I've been out of town but will set up this weekend. I know it has IP control.

I'll keep you posted.
That looks very much like the commercial X1 box I heard about. How did you manage to aquire that box?
post #2204 of 2210 Old Yesterday, 07:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickGr44 View Post
That looks very much like the commercial X1 box I heard about. How did you manage to aquire that box?
Through an AVS poster who works for Comcast. Very slick but as far as I can tell, the menu system is identical to the standard Comcast box?!

It has 2 HDMI 'inputs' but I see know way to access them via the menu system. It has a fan that is pretty loud - the box should be in a rack out of the room or you will hear it. BUt as such, it generates no heat and the box is cool to the touch.

Stay tuned////

post #2205 of 2210 Old Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Super Moderator

^^^

according to Comcast the rack mount unit is identical in function to the regular box: and both are capable of IP control

I returned mine due to fan noise: and the fact the rack mount box is so big (over 16 inches deep) it blocks cooling air flow for other electronics in the rack

MQA anyone?

post #2206 of 2210 Old Yesterday, 08:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markrubin View Post
^^^

according to Comcast the rack mount unit is identical in function to the regular box: and both are capable of IP control

I returned mine due to fan noise: and the fact the rack mount box is so big (over 16 inches deep) it blocks cooling air flow for other electronics in the rack

Hi Mark

What I don't get (and I'm going to call) is there are no menus for the extra HDMI inputs (set up, etc) and I don't see any audio set up options for ATMOS.

So far, I don't see what this box does differently than what I already had (unless it will be updated)?

In my rack, the fan and the draw of the air is ideal, so no issues.. But yes, it is somewhat loud and large.

Any IP protocol info yet?

Also, does this box have a DVR inside? I added it and it just synced with all my boxes on my network

Thanks

post #2207 of 2210 Old Yesterday, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator

^^^

Jeff

I think the ATMOS and IP control will need a firmware update to the box:
I understand the IP control is close but not released yet ( Control 4 will likely have it first)
not sure about the HDMI inputs: never used them
the firmware will be identical for both the regular X1 and the rack mount version according to what I was told

MQA anyone?

post #2208 of 2210 Old Yesterday, 04:15 PM

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 64
There are only 2 options for audio on the X1 box: Stereo or Surround. My question is what is Surround? Does this just mean it'll pass 5.1 when present?

Vizio M75-C1 Go Big or Go Home
post #2209 of 2210 Old Yesterday, 04:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjthenovice View Post
There are only 2 options for audio on the X1 box: Stereo or Surround. My question is what is Surround? Does this just mean it'll pass 5.1 when present?

It's been my experience that when DD 5.1 is present that's what you'll receive also the Atmos clips passed as well. IMO that's why it states surround vs DD like the previous boxes. Btw I'm on the regular vanilla x1.

"well you know what doctor I'm going to go home take two aspirins and call you a b****"
post #2210 of 2210 Old Today, 11:40 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjthenovice View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomo657 View Post
It's been my experience that when DD 5.1 is present that's what you'll receive also the Atmos clips passed as well. IMO that's why it states surround vs DD like the previous boxes. Btw I'm on the regular vanilla x1.
With the new X1 DVR boxes, setting audio to "Surround" will result in DD+/Atmos signal being passed to AVR for Atmos source material - of which there was very, very little when last I checked.

Samsung UN75HU8500 TS01 w/SEK-3500U, K8500 UHD Blu-ray Player; Xbox One; Xfinity X1
Dolby Atmos and DTS:X 7w.1.4; Denon X6200W; Audiosource AMP102; GoldenEar SuperSat 60/60C, SuperSat 50, SuperSat 3/3C, Invisa 525; SVS PB-2000
Harmony Ultimate One; Insteon; Acoustimac
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Tags
x1 comcast activation problem companion