Official* Xfinity X1 STB Thread - Page 75 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 36Likes

post #2221 of 2224 Old 08-15-2016, 06:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 159
The problem appears to be with your AVR and not the X1 since it only happens when the AVR is in the mix. Does your AVR have delay adjustments for sync of sound to picture. If so, you can try working with that. There may also be something involved with settings in your AVR that cause the problem. You might want to post your problems on the thread for your AVR. My guess is that there is video processing your AVR is doing that causes the delay, such as upscaling or the like.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2222 of 2224 Old 08-18-2016, 08:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzGuyy View Post
The problem appears to be with your AVR and not the X1 since it only happens when the AVR is in the mix. Does your AVR have delay adjustments for sync of sound to picture. If so, you can try working with that. There may also be something involved with settings in your AVR that cause the problem. You might want to post your problems on the thread for your AVR. My guess is that there is video processing your AVR is doing that causes the delay, such as upscaling or the like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzGuyy View Post
You're right. I found the timing adjustment in one of the sub menus for my AVR.
post #2223 of 2224 Old Today, 07:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I upgraded to the (Arris) X1 box yesterday. Activation went smoothly enough, although I had to start over when it seemed to lock up when entering the last four digits of my phone number. The process was very slow, took maybe 20 minutes total,

My first impression (I hadn't seen an X1 box before):
I HATE the grid program guide. I never used it on the old Motorola box, I pressed the button twice to get the individual channel vertical listing, much easier to see and browse. The X1 doesn't have that option as far as I know.

There doesn't seem to be any control over adjusting recording times - start 1 minute early, etc.
I don't always trust the boxes to record the complete program.

There is no Digital Coaxial audio, something that I could use with my old receiver with only three optical inputs. I have to use a splitter for the optical audio out in order to connect to my Hauppauge 1512 and Denon receiver.

The old Motorola had two tuners and if you knew what you are doing you could use that to advantage. I usually kept the "B" tuner on Palladia (now MTV Live) so if I looked in on it and there was some music act I liked, I could press Record and save the entire buffer as a program that I could watch or record (Hauppauge) later. I don't see how you could do this with X1.

Do these units actually have a hard drive? I heard they save your recordings to "the cloud". I see forum messages about hard drives, so I guess it does, I'm not sure if I hear a hard drive spinning in there.
post #2224 of 2224 Old Today, 11:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer99 View Post
There doesn't seem to be any control over adjusting recording times - start 1 minute early, etc.
I don't always trust the boxes to record the complete program.

Do these units actually have a hard drive? I heard they save your recordings to "the cloud". I see forum messages about hard drives, so I guess it does, I'm not sure if I hear a hard drive spinning in there.
To add time to a recording, you can click on the recording once you have set it and there are options available to start 1 minute early, end 5 minutes late and other choices.

I believe saving to the cloud only exists in certain markets. The Arris box I have has a 500 G drive. I believe all these boxes have that capacity.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Tags
x1 comcast activation problem companion

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page