Official* Xfinity X1 STB Thread - Page 76 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 47Likes

post #2251 of 2265 Old 09-09-2016, 02:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1971 View Post
Yea mine's working as well so give the box a re-boot.
How do you enable a 30 second skip? My Page up button skips 5 minutes.

Kemper Holt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2252 of 2265 Old 09-09-2016, 03:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by klh007 View Post
How do you enable a 30 second skip? My Page up button skips 5 minutes.
Press exit three times then 0030
markrubin and steve1971 like this.

Robert
post #2253 of 2265 Old 09-10-2016, 08:47 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWy View Post
Press exit three times then 0030
Thanks Robert. Can I get back to 5 minutes by inserting 0500?

Kemper Holt
post #2254 of 2265 Old 09-11-2016, 03:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Yes
klh007 likes this.

Robert
post #2255 of 2265 Old 09-16-2016, 09:07 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
transfering recorded shows to DVD

So...got the new X1 a while back and the first box was DOA due to the internal HDMI connector not working...sigh...all day with several techs, no joy. then got the wild idea to try hooking it up via the RWY plugs...worked.
Took it back to comcast for new one which works fine.

skip to yesterday when I tried to transfer some of the 9\11 programs I had recorded that day to DVD...no joy.
It seems, even using the RCA plugs (SD) I can no longer get any video to my Mag recorder...do get sound either through the RW plugs or the optical line, just no vid.
However, if I run directly from the x1 to the Yamaha to a SD input I get both sound and vid...but cannot get this out to the recorder.

Old HD box was connected to my receiver via S-video and RW plugs directly to the Mag ZV427MG9 A and has always worked great. The Mag is connected via HDMI to my RXV-673.
Is this recorder perhaps too old to work with the new box? I get sound but no vid going from the x1 to the Mag then to the receiver.
I've tried hooking it to one of the SD channels on the RXV-673 but can't figure out how to then get the signal to the Mag

anyone else have this issue?
Not finding anything of use on the comcast site 'community'.

Old connection:
Comcast HD DVR box to Mag via S-video/RW input (L-1)
out from Mag to Yamaha via HDMI
Was able to record a nice SD signal.

X1 only has the 3 SD connections so used them in the same manor as before.
post #2256 of 2265 Old 09-16-2016, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco4xyota View Post
So...got the new X1 a while back and the first box was DOA due to the internal HDMI connector not working...sigh...all day with several techs, no joy. then got the wild idea to try hooking it up via the RWY plugs...worked.
Took it back to comcast for new one which works fine.

skip to yesterday when I tried to transfer some of the 9\11 programs I had recorded that day to DVD...no joy.
It seems, even using the RCA plugs (SD) I can no longer get any video to my Mag recorder...do get sound either through the RW plugs or the optical line, just no vid.
However, if I run directly from the x1 to the Yamaha to a SD input I get both sound and vid...but cannot get this out to the recorder.

Old HD box was connected to my receiver via S-video and RW plugs directly to the Mag ZV427MG9 A and has always worked great. The Mag is connected via HDMI to my RXV-673.
Is this recorder perhaps too old to work with the new box? I get sound but no vid going from the x1 to the Mag then to the receiver.
I've tried hooking it to one of the SD channels on the RXV-673 but can't figure out how to then get the signal to the Mag

anyone else have this issue?
Not finding anything of use on the comcast site 'community'.

Old connection:
Comcast HD DVR box to Mag via S-video/RW input (L-1)
out from Mag to Yamaha via HDMI
Was able to record a nice SD signal.

X1 only has the 3 SD connections so used them in the same manor as before.
has anyone tried hooking up one of the newer Mag MDR865-8 recorders to the x1 and had any success?
post #2257 of 2265 Old 09-18-2016, 05:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 63
What are the best video setting for the X1 playing trough my AVr to my 4k TV? I selected 1080P and for zoom I selected none.

I'm asking because today I had some horizontal banding during a high speed action scene during a movie on HBO. Making sure it's not an issue with my settings.
steve1971 likes this.

Samsung 65KS-8000 VAA02, Xfinity X1 DVR, Harmony Ultimate One
Xbox One, Samsung UBD-K8500
Onkyo TX-NR747
Klipsch R-15 (L/R), Klipsch R25 (C), Paradigm PDR-10 (SW), Polk Rc80i (SS), Polk Rc80i (FH)
Set up: 5.1.2
post #2258 of 2265 Old 09-19-2016, 05:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 453 Post(s)
Liked: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by leedesert View Post
What are the best video setting for the X1 playing trough my AVr to my 4k TV? I selected 1080P and for zoom I selected none.

I'm asking because today I had some horizontal banding during a high speed action scene during a movie on HBO. Making sure it's not an issue with my settings.

If you have a Full 1080p tv or 4K set set it to 1080p and leave Zoom off. This is how I have my X1 DVR set up this way and I see no banding at all. If you see banding it's not your box.
RobertWy likes this.
post #2259 of 2265 Old 09-20-2016, 03:24 PM

Has anyone here been able to record shows off the X1 to SD DVD yet?
post #2260 of 2265 Old 09-20-2016, 05:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 762 Post(s)
Liked: 769
I see that that this Fall the X1 system will gain access to Netflix, complete with voice search. I use an Amazon Fire TV box but its' voice search does not work with the Netflix app.
steve1971 likes this.

Last edited by Garrett Adams; Yesterday at 04:50 PM.
post #2261 of 2265 Old Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post
I see that that this Fall the X1 system will gain access to Netflix, complwte with voice search. I use an Amazon Fire TV box but its' voice search does not work with the Netflix app.
Received that email as well. They're also supposed to be releasing an app for Roku that will remove the necessity for extra boxes. Looks like Comcast is making some good moves.
steve1971 likes this.
post #2262 of 2265 Old Yesterday, 07:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadett View Post
Received that email as well. They're also supposed to be releasing an app for Roku that will remove the necessity for extra boxes. Looks like Comcast is making some good moves.
I suspect all of this is at least partially motivated by Comcast fighting the FCC opening up the cable set-top box market to other suppliers besides the cable companies. They want to be able to say they offer everything you need in their boxes and don't have to go elsewhere so the FCC proposals are unnecessary.

post #2263 of 2265 Old Yesterday, 09:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Quote:
Sounds good but I'm willing to bet that my Roku 4 box will still give me better picture and audio quality than Comcast will with its compressed signals. I doubt that Comcast will be sending out Netflix content with Dolby Digital Plus audio. It will likely be the standard DD 5.1. I've always found DD+ to be better. Voice search works very well on the X1 system and the Rokus. The Rokus will search through all of its streaming channels and X1 will search through its own network which will now include Netflix so each has something to offer. It could come down to a question of convenience. I have my Roku running through my Denon AVR using either HDMI pass through when it isn't on turning the AVR on when I want full surround sound. It's not any kind of inconvenience doing it that way but we'll see how X1 handles Netflix. For most X1 subscribers, watching Netflix via Xfinity will probably be the way to go.

Last edited by Cal1981; Yesterday at 09:38 AM.
post #2264 of 2265 Old Yesterday, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco4xyota View Post
Has anyone here been able to record shows off the X1 to SD DVD yet?
nevermind...figured it out.
had to change the video input setting on the Mag from S-video to video..duh...
works now
but, thanks for all the help.
post #2265 of 2265 Old Today, 06:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 453 Post(s)
Liked: 412
Quote:

Not only are they adding Netflix but Hulu down the road as well. Also they are working on integrating Dolby Atmos as well which they already have some trailers and a full length episode of Black Sail's in Atmos. So Comcast IS headed in the right direction in my opinion. They are playing the wait and see game now on 4K but I'm sure they will come out with some dedicated 4K channels down the line to satisfy the 4K people. Just give me Netflix, Hulu and Atmos and I'll be one happy as hell camper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Tags
x1 comcast activation problem companion