Official* Xfinity X1 STB Thread - Page 80 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 64Likes
post #2371 of 2372 Unread Today, 04:22 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 23
OK, here's another one. Up until a few days ago, whenever I finished watching a saved program, a dialog box would pop up saying it looked like I had finished watching and asking whether I'd like to delete the program. Now, that pop-up never appears and I have to go back and find the program in the list in order to delete it. This is much more cumbersome to me than just having to dismiss a dialog box. I'd like that feature back.

Is this some new interface "feature" that has been applied universally? Or is there some way to turn the "delete option after watching" option back on? I've searched through the options menu and couldn't find anything like this. If this is a "feature," it seems to me that usability has taken a backwards step here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2372 of 2372 Unread Today, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1070 Post(s)
Liked: 2350
loss of remote control functions due to signal issues

Comcast had a signal issue in my area: the upload speed, which is usually 12 Mbps,dropped to .3 Mbps: to a point it could not get through a speed test. Download speed was still fairly fast

it affected internet and VOIP (modem would keep rebooting) and the remote control functions of the X1: i.e. the X1 would not respond to IR remote codes (I did not try it, but I am sure voice control would also be impacted) even though I still got a good picture and audio)

Comcast has had trucks in the area looking for the source of the issue like a damaged cable. They were able to restore some upload speed, and the X1 began to respond to remote commands again

please take the high road in every post:do not respond to or quote a problematic post: report it
HDMI.org:what a mess
HDCP = Hollywood's Draconian Copy Protection system
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Tags
x1 comcast activation problem companion