Live capture from Motorola DCX-3400M - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-19-2013, 10:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi All,

I was wondering if it's possible to connect a DVR (Motorola DCX 3400-M) to a PC? It's got ethernet, USB, firewire, etc.

I want to capture the video in real-time, so I can edit it immediately. I heard there are hauppage cards. How does it work? Do they create files on your PC? Or does it send the video stream to your PC, allowing you to capture it yourself?

Any insight would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-24-2013, 06:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonSmith1 View Post

Hi All,

I was wondering if it's possible to connect a DVR (Motorola DCX 3400-M) to a PC? It's got ethernet, USB, firewire, etc.

I want to capture the video in real-time, so I can edit it immediately. I heard there are hauppage cards. How does it work? Do they create files on your PC? Or does it send the video stream to your PC, allowing you to capture it yourself?

Any insight would be appreciated.

The Hauppauge HD-PVR 1212 and the Hauppauge Colossus do indeed create files on your PC. You connect your video device to the Hauppauge using either Component video or HDMI (you need the Colossus for HDMI and it must be HDMI that does not use HDCP protection on it, therefore you will find very few devices that will be able to send HDMI to the Colossus.) Both devices come with a conector and some Component cables that you hook between the video output device and the Hauppauge (the Colossus does not come with an HDMI cable.)

Arcsoft software is included with the Hauppauge and you use that on your PC to begin the capture. You can have it create .ts files (and one of two other formats if I recall, but the one that is the least problematic is .ts)
Reply HDTV Recorders