Whole Home DVR Issue! Please help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 03-02-2013, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
OK, so I had Cox come and install the Whole Home DVR today. I have three client boxes so I can record up to 6 shows. But anyways, the issue. Two of the boxes keep flashing "noCP" and I, the tech guy, and their wonderful tech support, can't figure out what it is. Its weird because one of the boxes doesn't do it?! Does anyone know what this is and how to fix it? I have tried unplugging the DVR and plugging in, I have also tried unplugging all the cables including HDMI and plugging in, but nothing. The DVR is a Cisco Explorer 8642HDC. Any advice would be great! Also the boxes work, the picture shows, the channels play, everything works expect its flashing that "noCP".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2013, 05:22 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Here's something that may help: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100212074110AAzuP55

for noCP, there's also:
New Orleans College Prep
Nasdaq Official Closing Price
NATIONAL OCCUPATIONAL COMPETENCY PROFILE
North Orange County Pediatrics
National Officials Certification Program
etc.

so the first link may be the best. I'm surprised Cox's techs don't know what to do. They have all the STB manuals.

Good luck with your cables.

p.s. someone else suggested the boxes displaying noCP need head end authorization before moving on, but since you said everything is working... maybe Cox only authorized the DVR box and not your clients.

Arvy