Bought mine at Staples for $79.99 (ST310005N1A1ASRK) Drive has a 5 year warranty.
Just follow the instructions from post #222, it took 20 Min start to finish.
I got this from Moxi them self for uploading the software.
1. On the front panel hold down the Reset button for 4 seconds
2. At the specific moment the Moxi begins to reboot, hold down all of the 4 –directional arrows on the front of the Moxi unit simultaneously for 25 seconds
a. “MOXI” would display on the screen for first 15-18 seconds
b. Screen would flash for 1 second
c. Then “MOXI” would reappear on the screen for 2 seconds
3. Now you will receive the Welcome to Moxi screen to initiate the recovery process.
a. Press front panel “OK” button to continue - do not wait too long to do so
4. You should see “Install Initiated” indicating the Recovery App has been started – this process can take up to 20-40 minutes
5. The DVR will then reboot on its own
6. After the reboot, you will see the verification screens for account setup:
c. Channel Lineup
d. Press “OK” to continue
7. After account verification, you will be asked to reboot the DVR
8. You will now be sent to the Moxi UI. From here you just need to contact your cable provider to have them send a “validate” to receive all of the channels.
NOTE: On step 2, if you start seeing “Moxi Is Checking Your Hard Drive“ you have gone too far in the boot process, and have to start over.
*If you come across being stuck at “Install Initiated” for more than an hour please try the procedure again. And make sure that your Ethernet cable is securely connected on both end of the router and your Moxi DVR.
Lastly, if this procedure does not go through the second time around, then we would need to go through with an RMA.
Please update us with your results.
Moxi Customer Care
Hours: Mon-Fri 7:00AM - 6:00 PM