IGuide frustrations with Motorola dcx 3510-m remote ur4umdvrchd2 Charter Cable St. Louis - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 03-24-2013, 09:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone programed their ur4umdvrchd2 remote to turn off the 2 second info bar at least when hitting the last channel button?
The lowest setting in the Motorola dcx 3510-m is to have a 2 second flash. If I'm hitting the last button I know what the channel is, like now during March Madness, and that bar is so big. Really miss the old Moxi that I never had an issue and loved that machine. I also enjoyed being able to edit which channels would appear on the channel guide on the Moxi versus every channel on the IGuide.

I'm just trying to get by with the Scientific remote and IGuide until I get time and money for the Media Center I really want. Should I in the meantime replace the remote with a Harmony or Logitech? should that solve some issues, or is that just putting lipstick on the pig?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2013, 11:41 AM

I recently had the Motorola 3510m dvr installed and I really miss my Moxi. There IS NO COMPARISON. The Moxi is soo much more smartly engineered. I hate this 3510m. The iguide is a piece of crap. Also it takes more button pushing for certain functions than the Moxi. Charter will not give me back my Moxi as they are phasing them out. What a shame and a big mistake I feel.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

The Iguide is used by charter and comcast, which I also dislike. The only thing I have heard is to buy a Logitech remote that allows macros programmed.

I also miss the Moxi I had

Old 04-23-2013, 05:54 PM

A co. called Arris just bought Motorola's home video systems ( dvr's and other systems) from Google a week ago...Google had just bought that division of Motorola only last Dec '12. So its musical chairs for now. Arris has developed a media player the MP 2000 media player with the Moxi interface. It looks very interesting to me...I would love someone to post about any experiences they have had with this MP2000 although I believe it is a new line of product development by this Arris co. Here is a link: http://www.arrisi.com/products/product.asp?id=37
and its Gateway Family http://www.arrisi.com/products/product.asp?id=678
Let me know your thoughts on this....thanks