Here is the 3rd revised 'fixes' list taking into account the fixes in the recent non-finalized firmware (* indicates simple menu text changes);
1a. When switching channels in the Guide, program names appear in a timely manner, but the associated text (right pane) does not. When and if it does, whatever the initial text was gets carried across to every other channel, getting added to the end of the text for that program.
1b. When the right pane gets populated with details of the program, this causes lockups, or unresponsiveness. It takes up to a minute to regain control if it can at all. This appears due to lack of memory, chip selection and/or a firmware conflict not being able to handle the process.
1c. Add the ability to save program listings without returning to that channel to populate the data,
2. Recordings that span midnight will not allow any additional scheduled events to be added. Also, the recording will not stop when it should,
3. Daily and weekly recordings do not record properly. (Not clear on exact problems),
4a. Display the actual channel numbers on the display. If this isn't possible, don't display that irrelevant number since it is meaningless.
4b. Add a record indicator on the display. You can't tell if it is recording or not if the TV is not on
4c. Add a sheet of colored film behind the display window to reduce the brightness and change the color to something other than red.
5. Add a manual method to enter the correct time. Relying on stations time isn't always accurate. There is also a problem using the GMT offset which can be off by one hour.
6. Switch to 12 hour clock format.,
7. Add an adjustable skip function for playback,
8. On CATV systems., all the channels are labeled "0-0", 1/3 of the encrypted channels are not 'skipped' and some 'in the clear' channels to not show,
9. Only 11 program listings per station show, no matter how many the station is actually providing.
*10. Rename "Program" to "Channel" in the menu. You are editing channels, not programs. Remove the need for a password and move this to the Channel tab,
11. Enhance the contrast of the menus making them easier to read. Darken the darker grays and brighten the text.
12. When scrolling through the recorded programs, use 'Play' to play the recording in full screen instead of that “Hold” key which is misnamed,
13. Rename “Hold” to “Schedule” and “Recall” to "Return” on the remote. Swap the number pad and transport keys around. Add channel up/down keys and remove duplicate volume & channel up/down from the navigation keys,
14. Add the ability to enter a 'dash' for sub channels,
15. Remove “Radio” channels. This doesn't always see audio channels as “Radio”, placing many under the normal video. This just makes things more complicated and confusing,
16. Add a conformation step when using the 'Auto search' since it's easy to hit it by mistake and wipe out all your channels when you wanted to do a manual search,
17. Move the “Resume/Exit” pop up box from the top of the playback list screen to the center and change the background color or emphasize it somehow to make it easier to see.
18. The time offset is off by one hour forcing a manual entry,
*19. Remove those four choices for sorting the channels. They do not have any affect on channel order. Also, their labels are mostly unknown here. The ability to move individual channels is already there,
*20. Rename “Book” in the manual record screen to 'Schedule'. These aren't airline flights you are scheduling,
21. When using 'Manual search' to save new channels, return back to the manual search screen after entry is saved instead of exiting. It's a real annoyance to re-enter the screen again to add additional channels.
22. When in the menu, do not use the term “boot” on the display.
23. Change the default HDMI audio to “Raw HDMI On”,
*24. Rename “Movie” in USB mode to “Recordings”. These aren't always movies that are recorded.
25. There is no 'space' entry when editing the program names to separate words,
26. Volume & mute have no effect on the HDMI output when in Raw mode (for 5.1 audio),
27. There is no slow motion function,
*28. Remove the “TV Format” entry in the menu since there is no “PAL” format in N. America
29. During recording, when you click on 'Info', there are two entries that should be removed; “Max record size” which seems to be a duplicate of “Disk free space” and “Cur play size” which always shoes “0KB”,
30. Is that above pop up suppose to display during playback? If so, it doesn't.
31. Where are these “colored keys” that are mentioned on page 14 on the remote?
32. What is this “service mode” that is mentioned in the manual?
33. There is no mention of the term “ATSC” in any of your literature or in the on line manual. References to “DVB-T” should be removed,
34. Revise the features on page 3; change DVB-T FTA to ATSC OTA, remove that incorrect “400 channel capacity”, change 570i & p to 480i & p.
35. Revise the specs on page 18; change frequency range to 57-803 MHz, bandwidth to 6 MHz, add "ATSC" to demodulation and remove “DVB-T”.
36. Remove all of those distracting, unnecessary digital wipe patterns when in the photos section. Add a simple 'dissolve' in their place,
37. Unable to return to Photo configure from Multimedia to change settings,
38. Use the l > l > and < l < l buttons to advance or go back in photo mode.
1. The remote is way too small. Buttons are too close together. Text is hard to read,
2. Move the number pad to the bottom and the keypad layout to the conventional telephone layout,
3. Rename “Hold” to “Schedule” and “Recall” to "Return”,
4. Add dedicated channel up/dn buttons and leave the up/dn navigation keys for a single purpose,
5. Remove the duplicated volume up/dn from the left/right navigation buttons,
6. Add a separate button for timeshifting. Leave pause by itself.
revised order and grouped similar items together
Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way. If you like Wi-Fi so much, OTA fits right in. After all, it is wireless.