Originally Posted by duracell80
We gotta get this recording name sorted.
I should say my recording title workaround involves using a USB tuner on my PC for EPGCollector
to get the data. Media Portal can get EPG from IMDB without using a tuner.
More thoughts on PVR function:
0. When exiting PVR mode it should return to live TV and to exit you should be able to press PVR again (to save looking for the exit button).
1. Playback should be fullscreen by default.
2. When skipping, pressing play will pause the video instead of playing, unless you've already pressed it once. The play pause button should not pause when in skipping mode.
2.1. Agreed with all skipping comments the skip should be 30 seconds not speed based.
3. When recording it's annoying to have the "Rec 00:38:00" box in the top left corner. That should timeout and pop back up when you attempt to interupt the recording.
3.1. If a HDD is attached it should be fast enough to allow you to watch a recording while a current recording is on going. I can only think the flash drive option is what held back this functionality.
4. Pressing info should bring up meta data like show title and description rather than technical details.
5. Aspect ratio cannot be changed when in playback mode.
I'll keep playing and see what other user interface snags I can find.