iView-3500STB Tuner & DVR Owners Thread - Page 119 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 21Likes

post #3541 of 3545 Old Yesterday, 10:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
well im just gunna tape the sensor on my tv and just turn it on manually least until i get my new tv and hope i can get it to work with that cause i really would like a dvr.. but can anyone at lease direct me to the latest firmware update for the model with the 3/4 switch so i can get my channels scanned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3542 of 3545 Old Today, 05:12 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHBrandt View Post
Yes. The firmware will display the box model it was written for, but it's compatible with the older boxes as well. Only the latest boxes (with the channel 3/4 switch) are incompatible with V13.

If you still have the remote that came with your 3500STB, you'll find some of the buttons don't function as labeled with V13. The 3500STBII's shipped with the new remotes, a few of the buttons are different, and the V13 firmware was written for the new button layout. If this bugs you, you can buy one of the new remotes from iView for $10 (free shipping). You'll probably like it better anyway.
So I can use the firm ware for ether 3500 or 3500II as long as it doesn't have the 3/4 switch?
post #3543 of 3545 Old Today, 03:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Yes, just don't freak out that the Information display says 3500STBII. It'll even say that if you load V13 on a Homeworx!
post #3544 of 3545 Old Today, 03:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garret Stillions View Post
well im just gunna tape the sensor on my tv and just turn it on manually least until i get my new tv and hope i can get it to work with that cause i really would like a dvr.. but can anyone at lease direct me to the latest firmware update for the model with the 3/4 switch so i can get my channels scanned.
This post has a link to the new firmware for the boxes with the channel 3/4 switch: iView-3500STB Tuner & DVR Owners Thread

If you need QAM (digital cable) you'll probably have the best luck with V1; aside from QAM I'm not sure if there are any differences between the four versions in the .zip file.

I hope videobruce puts a link to this firmware in post 5 soon. My links keep getting lost as more folks post.
post #3545 of 3545 Old Today, 08:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Johnson View Post
Thanks to the FCC, the era of Clear QAM is likely drawing to a close for almost everyone.
The current head of the National Cable and Telecommunications Association (big cable) is a former FCC chairman. And, let's see here, no more cable theft, and you no longer need to send a tech out to connect or disconnect the cable!

It's 2014 and you're still paying for television?

Last edited by dkreichen1968; Today at 08:33 PM.
Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page