iView-3500STB Tuner & DVR Owners Thread - Page 139 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 65Likes

post #4141 of 4273 Old 04-15-2015, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 515 Post(s)
Liked: 330
You can get a .zip file (with versions 1, 2a, and 3) for this box at http://www71.zippyshare.com/v/79955630/file.html. All three versions are for the Ch 3/4 switch version of the iView.

I wonder if @videobruce still follows this thread? It'd be nice to add this link to post 5 so folks could find it without asking over and over
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4142 of 4273 Old 04-15-2015, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 569 Post(s)
Liked: 370
IView's website says [when I checked a week ago] they are still working on an update on the 3500II Ch3/4 switch unit and to hang tight. What is the source of the above file?

In A/V reproduction accuracy, there is no concept of "accounting for taste". We don't "pick" the level of bass, etc., any more than we pick the ending of a play. High fidelity means an unmodified, neutral, exact copy (or "reproduction") of the original artist's tonal balance, timing, dynamics, etc..
post #4143 of 4273 Old 04-15-2015, 11:12 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by m. zillch View Post
IView's website says [when I checked a week ago] they are still working on an update on the 3500II Ch3/4 switch unit and to hang tight. What is the source of the above file?
It literally takes a year for iview to update their website about anything. Then when they do, it is usually wrong info. You can email them to get the firmware files, which have been available for a long time. That is how others got the above files. It is safest of course to get them directly yourself.
post #4144 of 4273 Old 04-15-2015, 05:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m. zillch View Post
Post 3774:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyles609 View Post
I got a same day response by emailing customer support on two different occasions because I tried that same link and it was no good.

This is what they emailed me - for the ii version with 3/4 switch ONLY. This includes V1, V2A, and V3. I hope this helps

I'm unable to add links, so add the http and www to this (http : // www71...)

71.zippyshare dot com /v/79955630/file.html
I've been reposting it periodically to save folks the trouble of trying to find it with AVSForum's search function.
post #4145 of 4273 Old 04-17-2015, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 443 Post(s)
Liked: 206
There is a revised hardware version on the horizon. Stay tuned.

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way. If you like Wi-Fi so much, OTA fits right in. After all, it is wireless.
post #4146 of 4273 Old 04-17-2015, 04:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1123 Post(s)
Liked: 849
Oh goody! The STBIII (IV? V?) will again have incompatible hardware and missing features, and if you install the wrong firmware this time, not only do you brick your unit, but you also summon a plague of locusts to devour your local food supply! Progress!
JHBrandt likes this.
post #4147 of 4273 Old 04-17-2015, 04:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 370 Post(s)
Liked: 145
At minimum it would need to have the ability to play a recorded title while recording something else, 2 tuners would be nice but I'd be happy with a mostly bugless firmware, something no current versions seem to be.
post #4148 of 4273 Old 04-17-2015, 06:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Hope springs eternal but like the above posters I'm not optimistic that the next iView will be a better iView. Aside from improving the remote, the only things we've gotten from hardware "upgrades" so far are:
  • A run of early STBIIs that don't power down the USB port in standby
  • The latest boxes that don't have "loop through" capability when on

I realize neither of these is a big deal, but the point is that so far, hardware changes have brought only annoyances, not improvements.

Oh, well; maybe if we're lucky the new boxes will at least include Closed Captions for recordings a la the latest Homeworxes. Again no big deal but at least movement in the right direction.
post #4149 of 4273 Old 04-20-2015, 03:56 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm using a 3.5 HDD. Is there a way to shut it off when it's not needed? I noticed it puts out a lot of heat. It'w power cord should be connected to the Iview box and controlled by it.
Does a 2.5 HDD shut off when not used?

Thanks
post #4150 of 4273 Old 04-20-2015, 05:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 370 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Sounds like you must have one of the newer iViews that don't cut power to the USB socket when off. If that is the case you might want to look into a portable HDD. They generally spin down after 5 or so minutes of inactivity. Desktop HDDs(wall wart powered) can also generally be configured to spin down but may require being hooked to a PC first and run through it's setup. Note it's possible if the drive spins down that it might not wake up for a scheduled event, I think it's one of the reasons iView went from cutting USB power when off to keeping it on all the time.
post #4151 of 4273 Old 04-20-2015, 10:00 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
so i return the box with the 3500stb 3-4 on the back got the right one had ver 9 on it did not get any catv ch so update to ver 10 but only got 15ch but i know there are still over 100 open ch here in cali la area i read ver 3 or 7 gets more did try to add the link but i need 5 post to add links
post #4152 of 4273 Old 04-20-2015, 01:46 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Having Trouble with FIOS

So I bought this to replace a bad QAM tuner in my TV and received the 3/4 switch version.

I used V1 of the firmware for a while but it doesn't tune to the "friendly" channel number and Verizon seems to be switching their station frequencies every week so I'm constantly re-scanning for CBS, NBC, ABC, etc.
I then tried to use V2A and V3 and while I get "friendly" channel numbers now (2-1 for CBS, 4-1 for NBC, etc), the picture is CONSTANTLY cutting out while it is updating something (EPG perhaps) and the channel/EPG display on the bottom is re-displayed each time. I was hoping it tuning to the "friendly" station name would keep it tuned even when Verizon moves it around but the blipping picture/audio makes it unwatchable.
Do I have a bad unit? Is there another clone I should look into for use with FIOS? Any ideas would be appreciated.
post #4153 of 4273 Old 04-20-2015, 05:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilule View Post
I'm using a 3.5 HDD. Is there a way to shut it off when it's not needed? I noticed it puts out a lot of heat. It'w power cord should be connected to the Iview box and controlled by it.
Does a 2.5 HDD shut off when not used?

Thanks
My answer will be very general so keep in mind there are lots of exceptions; but most 3.5" HDDs are externally powered, while most 2.5" HDDs are powered through the USB port.

Most iViews shut off power to the USB port when in standby, which means a typical 2.5" HDD will lose power and therefore stop spinning. But a typical 3.5" HDD will still have power, so it will keep on spinning even if the iView is completely shut off.

Luckily, many HDDs (of both sizes) can also be set to stop spinning after a period of inactivity. This usually requires software that's specific to your particular HDD. If your HDD didn't come with such software preloaded (or if you lost it by reformatting the drive), you may check the manufacturer's web site to see if they have software for your HDD available for download.

You would have to hook your HDD to a PC to run its configuration software. But once an inactivity timeout is set, it should remain in effect when you hook your HDD back to the iView.
post #4154 of 4273 Old 04-20-2015, 05:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by downer11 View Post
so i return the box with the 3500stb 3-4 on the back got the right one had ver 9 on it did not get any catv ch so update to ver 10 but only got 15ch but i know there are still over 100 open ch here in cali la area i read ver 3 or 7 gets more did try to add the link but i need 5 post to add links
I'm not familiar with Los Angeles cable, so again, a very general answer: "Open" (or unscrambled) cable channels can be either analog or digital. The iView and clones can only tune digital TV channels, so if your cable system still has analog channels, you can watch them on your TV but not with your iView. It won't matter which firmware version you use.

Just as an example, TWC Dallas was broadcasting many analog channels until just last week, so it's quite possible your cable company still has them.

To get a better answer, try asking your question in the Los Angeles thread. Someone will probably know whether your cable company has analog channels.
post #4155 of 4273 Old 04-21-2015, 07:22 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsarnak View Post
So I bought this to replace a bad QAM tuner in my TV and received the 3/4 switch version.

I used V1 of the firmware for a while but it doesn't tune to the "friendly" channel number and Verizon seems to be switching their station frequencies every week so I'm constantly re-scanning for CBS, NBC, ABC, etc.
I then tried to use V2A and V3 and while I get "friendly" channel numbers now (2-1 for CBS, 4-1 for NBC, etc), the picture is CONSTANTLY cutting out while it is updating something (EPG perhaps) and the channel/EPG display on the bottom is re-displayed each time. I was hoping it tuning to the "friendly" station name would keep it tuned even when Verizon moves it around but the blipping picture/audio makes it unwatchable.
Do I have a bad unit? Is there another clone I should look into for use with FIOS? Any ideas would be appreciated.
I don't think you have a "bad " unit, I believe this is how they operate with FiOs, my unit (about a year old) does the same thing. It's most noticeable when it first turns on, then at the half hour. I believe it's downloading/updating EPG data. This is on a little used bedroom tv so I just live with it.
post #4156 of 4273 Old 04-21-2015, 07:26 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampy View Post
I don't think you have a "bad " unit, I believe this is how they operate with FiOs, my unit (about a year old) does the same thing. It's most noticeable when it first turns on, then at the half hour. I believe it's downloading/updating EPG data. This is on a little used bedroom tv so I just live with it.

Thanks for the reply. I suppose it's good to know the unit is not bad. Have you tried the V1 firmware and experienced the channels moving constantly? Do you happen to know if the Homeworx or ViewTv units have the same issues? I reached out to iView hoping to get firmware that can disable the EPG. I honestly don't need it and it would be nice for the picture and audio to stay rock solid as a tradeoff.
post #4157 of 4273 Old 04-21-2015, 12:00 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsarnak View Post
Thanks for the reply. I suppose it's good to know the unit is not bad. Have you tried the V1 firmware and experienced the channels moving constantly? Do you happen to know if the Homeworx or ViewTv units have the same issues? I reached out to iView hoping to get firmware that can disable the EPG. I honestly don't need it and it would be nice for the picture and audio to stay rock solid as a tradeoff.
Sorry, I can't comment on Homeworx or ViewTV, I bought this on a whim last year from Amazon for under $40 to replace a seldom used cable box that I was paying $6/mo to rent. It's paid for itself. Its connected to an older Toshiba tube tv without a qam tuner.
post #4158 of 4273 Old 04-21-2015, 08:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Homeworx is about the same price; I have one but unfortunately I don't live where I could get FiOS even if I wanted it, so I can't tell if the Homeworx would be any better. (I'm in an "AT&T" area, but can't get U-Verse either; none of these boxes are compatible with U-Verse anyhow.) The firmware is nearly identical, though, so I doubt it.

Unfortunately all the other QAM DVRs I know of cost much more: TiVo of course; ePVision's PHD-VRX and VRX2; along with some out-of-production DVRs you might still find on eBay: the Channel Master 7400 or Entone 458, and DVICO's TViX 6620. Of those, I'd probably pick the TViX 6620 myself, but it's also the most expensive (except possibly TiVo with a lifetime subscription).

The market seems to have a ready niche for a $100-ish QAM DVR (like the iView but without its firmware issues), but no one AFAIK has tried to fill it yet. The only cheaper alternative I can think of would be something like an Android TV box coupled with an HDHR QAM tuner and open-source PVR software, but what you'd save in $$ would probably be spent in time and frustration figuring out how to make it all work. (There are boards on this forum to help, though.)
post #4159 of 4273 Old 04-24-2015, 09:21 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Possible add on to your list

Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post
Instead of editing the older post on the 1st page, here is the revised list. Entries with a * preceding the number, are simple menu text changes.I only included the first 22 items;

1. Display the actual channel numbers on the display and in the favorites list as it is elsewhere! No need for the letter “C” preceding the number. This is very confusing and not user friendly,
2. Add ability to initiate a record entry directly in the Guide instead of entering it in separately. This defeats the purpose of the Guide. This is a huge disadvantage,
3. When you switch back and forth between channels in the guide, the listings appear for the previous channel. If you enter the guide from a channel, the full listings appear. Switch to another station, the same problem, listing from that previous channel show, or limited entries for the new station will show.,
4. Add a manual method to enter the correct time. Relying on stations time isn't always accurate. There is also a problem using the GMT offset which can be off by one hour.
5. Add a resume function for playback to remember where you left off if you have to stop playback,
6. Switch to 12 hour clock format. Or provide a choice of both,
7. Only 11 program listings per station show, no matter how many the station is actually providing. Is this a hardware issue?
8. On CATV systems., all the channels are labeled "0-0". Also, 1/3 of the encrypted channels are not 'skipped',
9. Recordings that span midnight will not allow any additional scheduled events to be added. Also, the recording will not stop when it should,
10. Display is too bright. You could never use this in a bedroom or any dark room. Fast fix, add a sheet of gray film or some color to reduce brightness and/or change the color to something other than red,
11. Add a record indicator on the display. You can't tell if it is recording or not if the TV is not on.
12. Add the ability to enter a 'dash' for sub channels,
13. The info banner stays on screen to long. It's also too large. Reduce 10 sec. down to 4 sec or add adjustable timeout options.
14. When scrolling through the recorded programs, eliminate the need to press “Ok” each time to activate playback in the preview window. Use 'Play' or "Ok" to play the recording in full screen,
*15. Rename "Program" to "Channel" in the menu. You are editing channels, not programs,
*16. Rename “Hold” to “Schedule” and “Recall” to "Return” on the remote.
17. There is no 'space' entry when editing the program names to separate words,
18. Remove “Radio” channels. This doesn't always see audio channels as “Radio”, placing many under the normal video. This just makes things more complicated and confusing,
19. Add a conformation step when using the 'Auto search' since it's easy to hit it by mistake and wipe out all your channels when you wanted to do a manual search,
20. Add a confirmation when using 'Manual search' to save new channels. Return back to the manual search screen after entry is saved instead of exiting. It's a real annoyance to re-enter the screen again to add additional channels.
21. Remove those four choices for sorting the channels. They do not have any affect on channel order. Also, their labels are mostly unknown here. The ability to move individual channels is already there,
*22. Rename “Book” in the manual record screen to 'Schedule' and remove the “Book Info” since both do the same thing.
23. Volume & mute have no effect on the HDMI output when in Raw mode (for 5.1 audio),
24. The GoTo button duplicates what is already in the menu that needs a password. Remove the need for a password and use the button for something else..
25. When in the menu, do not use the term “boot” on the display.
26. Change the default HDMI audio to “Raw HDMI On”,
*27. Rename “Movie” in USB mode to “Recordings”. These aren't always movies that are recorded.
28. There is no slow motion function,
*29. Change time zone names of cities to 'standard time” designations: EST, CST etc.
30. Remove the “TV Format” entry in the menu since there is no “PAL” format in N. America
31. During recording, when you click on 'Info', there are two entries that should be removed; “Max record size” which seems to be a duplicate of “Disk free space” and “Cur play size” which always shoes “0KB”,
32. Is that above pop up suppose to display during playback? If so, it doesn't.
33. Where are these “colored keys” that are mentioned on page 14 on the remote?
34. What is this “service mode” that is mentioned in the manual?
35. There is no mention of the term “ATSC” in any of your literature or in the on line manual. References to “DVB-T” should be removed,
36. Revise the features on page 3; change DVB-T FTA to ATSC OTA, remove that incorrect “400 channel capacity”, change 570i & p to 480i & p.
37. Revise the specs on page 18; change frequency range to 57-803 MHz, bandwidth to 6 MHz, add "ATSC" to demodulation and remove “DVB-T”.
38. Remove all of those distracting, unnecessary digital wipe patterns. Add a simple 'dissolve' in their place,
39. Unable to return to Photo configure from Multimedia to change settings,
40. Use the lower two of the forward and back buttons to advance or go back in photo mode.

revised order, clarified #15

The OTA scanned channel list for my area includes several scrambled channels. I do not know how one subscribes to them with an Iview box and am not interested myself. I delete them from my list. I do notice that some movie channels I watch have a dollar sign in their identity. The box is apparently identifying them as pay channels.

I note this as the glitch the box exhibits occurs on one of these channels when the input antenna signal gets a momentary distortion. The digital artifacts occur and the channel breaks up and then an on-screen box pops up and says scrambled channel, and never leaves despite a clear unscrambled channel being displayed underneath. Intervention is required by bringing up another display to replace it and it and the scrambled message will not return until another event.

I think the box should not be identifying OTA pay channels or have some facility to automatically remove the erroneously popped up box when the channel is displaying properly.

I would add to my wish list an external extension socket for a photo receptor outside the box so I can multiplex something for multiple boxes. Would be nice if Iview did this and sold a small add on box feeding multiple STBs photoreceptor inputs and capable of being toggled using one of the remote's option keys. A 2 or 4 tuner box would make this unnecessary.

This all of course from my personal myopic application.
post #4160 of 4273 Old 04-25-2015, 04:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Are those scrambled channels subchannels of your local Ion station by any chance? If so, here's what they are:
Air TV, As Found On Select ION Stations

Adding scrambled channels that you can't watch is a longstanding iView/Homeworx/etc. bug. It occurs on both OTA and QAM channels. I agree: if the channel can't be watched, it shouldn't be scanned in the first place. And if it can be watched, it shouldn't announce "scrambled channel" just because the data stream breaks up momentarily - or at least the announcement should go away once the data stream comes back to normal.

Your idea to mount the remote photo-receptor externally sounds like an interesting DIY project. It doesn't seem like it would be hard: just replace the photo-receptor with a jack of some sort, then mount the original photo-receptor in a tiny box with a cable and matching plug. Then you could put the iView out of sight.

On the very similar Homeworx, I might also move the red/green LED so I could still see if it was on or in standby without turning on the TV. That would be a lot tougher with the iView's 4-digit display though.
post #4161 of 4273 Old 04-25-2015, 09:57 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHBrandt View Post
Are those scrambled channels subchannels of your local Ion station by any chance? If so, here's what they are:

Adding scrambled channels that you can't watch is a longstanding iView/Homeworx/etc. bug. It occurs on both OTA and QAM channels. I agree: if the channel can't be watched, it shouldn't be scanned in the first place. And if it can be watched, it shouldn't announce "scrambled channel" just because the data stream breaks up momentarily - or at least the announcement should go away once the data stream comes back to normal.

Your idea to mount the remote photo-receptor externally sounds like an interesting DIY project. It doesn't seem like it would be hard: just replace the photo-receptor with a jack of some sort, then mount the original photo-receptor in a tiny box with a cable and matching plug. Then you could put the iView out of sight.

On the very similar Homeworx, I might also move the red/green LED so I could still see if it was on or in standby without turning on the TV. That would be a lot tougher with the iView's 4-digit display though.
I think one of the real pay channels that was scrambled was labeled Airbox. There is not a problem with them as they are easily deleted.

In the unscrambled roster are Grit and Bounce, 41-3 and 41-4 that have dollar signs in their places on the list of channels. These when distorting from multipath cause a "scramble channel" window to pop up and remain until another window is popped up to replace it. Those channels are not scrambled but the combination of messy signal and $ sign are identified by the box as scrambled.

Just put my 4 boxes into use. Multipath is a real pain here, no direct signal path.. I built a nice 4 bay 9 1-2 element antenna (some vhf) and it is still not enough. May need 2 antenna and a combiner to align to the 2 best signal paths. Lots of positional experimenting ahead.

Odd display quirks on the boxes. One box is on. The power lamp is off. 3 boxes are off and one has a lit power lamp. Noticed that one channel display was off earlier when all 4 boxes were on.

Some time and daylight ought to make things a bit clearer.

Had my Time Warner service Disconnected today!!
post #4162 of 4273 Old 04-26-2015, 03:16 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello everyone- I apologize if this has been asked before, but you've got A LOT of posts!!

I just bought an iView 3500sbii (with the ch 3/4 switch) a few weeks ago and I'm having an issue.

If I set up a recording to happen when I'm not physically watching the tv, I can't get it to actually record. I've noticed that a dialog usually comes up and asks if I want to record, and asks me to press the OK button. I guess if I'm not there to press it, it just skips the recording? How can I get my scheduled recordings to actually record? It doesn't work even if I leave it on the channel of the recording coming up.

Secondly, I've found that while recording, my quality goes out the window, but goes back to normal when I stop recording. It even makes the recorded file itself scrambled. I've got a 3.5" HDD (Freeagent 500GB) attached.

You all seem so smart, anyone have any help for me?
post #4163 of 4273 Old 04-27-2015, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

I don't think the OK prompt is the problem. If you aren't there it should just OK itself. That's what mine does.

Your second problem is probably also your first problem. If the signal gets so bad you can't receive it, the iView will eventually just drop the recording. It may record an unwatchable minute or two first.

These problems are often caused by interference from the HDD. Try:
  • Moving the HDD farther from the iView
  • A different USB cable (some have better shielding)

Also see if you can improve your iView's reception. If your station is right on the cliff, a little interference can push it over the edge easily. But it may work better if there's some signal-to-noise ratio to spare.

Ironically, doing this may require making the input signal weaker, not stronger. The iView's tuner is notoriously prone to overload even when other tuners handle the same signal just fine.
post #4164 of 4273 Old 04-27-2015, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktrex View Post
.... Secondly, I've found that while recording, my quality goes out the window, but goes back to normal when I stop recording. It even makes the recorded file itself scrambled. ....
I have this issue from time to time as well. For some reason the recording process impairs the tuner's reception capability. My only solution is to provide the best possible signal from the antenna for the channel(s) of interest. In my experience, reception can vary significantly from day to day...
post #4165 of 4273 Old 04-27-2015, 02:00 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 115
ktrex, in addition to what the others have said, if you happen to be using an indoor antenna, move it as far away as you physically can get it from the iview. That may not apply to your situation, but if it does, that could solve the whole problem.

Some indoor antenna's have short fixed cables so don't give a lot of leeway for moving, but others have replaceable cables. So for anyone looking to purchase an antenna to use for this who can't have an outdoor one, make sure to get one that allows you to use your own cable or that at least has an extra long fixed cable.
JHBrandt likes this.
post #4166 of 4273 Old 04-28-2015, 08:01 AM
QAM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
While I agree with the solutions previously stated (move antenna away from DVR, move HDD away from DVR, etc.), I have a similar situation which I found annoying when my DVR was still working. Ktrex didn't state it, but I assume he was using an HDMI connection to the TV receiver. I noticed that the picture was broken up terribly while recording (and even when the DVR was just on) certain channels while the TV set was ALSO on. Specifically when watching PHYSICAL channels 27 thru 34 (not the virtual channel numbers). Apparently this was causing the DVR & TV signal to break up if they were both tuned to any station in that range simultaneously. If the TV was OFF, the DVR recorded those station fine. If the DVR was OFF the TV signal would not break up in that range. If the TV and DVR were BOTH on and I UNPLUGGED the HDMI cable, both the TV and DVR would be OK. Granted, my antenna was possibly too close, so I suspect there could have been different results if they were separated a bit more. Take it for what it is, just one more quirk in this DVRs operation. Just sayin'.
post #4167 of 4273 Old 04-28-2015, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Could have been a poorly shielded HDMI cable. For anyone having interference issues, that's another thing to try: a different HDMI cable, or component cables instead of HDMI. I suppose using cables with ferrite cores at each end might help too.
post #4168 of 4273 Old 05-02-2015, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post
There is a revised hardware version on the horizon. Stay tuned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post
At minimum it would need to have the ability to play a recorded title while recording something else, 2 tuners would be nice but I'd be happy with a mostly bugless firmware, something no current versions seem to be.
Any word yet on the new, "improved" iView? We've stayed tuned for some time now....
post #4169 of 4273 Old 05-02-2015, 06:23 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
still not able to join files

My 1T external hd is formatted to NTFS so not understanding why this is not working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by plplplpl View Post
Try renaming all the files extensions to just *.mts. and renaming with the sequential numbering in the file name before the dot instead, e.g., file1.mts, file2.mts, file3.mts, etc.

But as jprc says, for the future just reformat your drive to NTFS.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=vlc
post #4170 of 4273 Old 05-03-2015, 11:58 AM
QAM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHBrandt View Post
Any word yet on the new, "improved" iView? We've stayed tuned for some time now....

FWIW, looks like TiVo just upped the ante with "lifetime service" (i.e. no monthly fees) for their TiVo Roamio OTA DVR (which can record 4 channels, and comes with a HDD). Granted it's $299.99 for this "limited offer", it now competes directly with the "cheap" DVRs. Just sayin'.

TiVo Roamio OTA DVR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page