iView-3500STB Tuner & DVR Owners Thread - Page 139 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 50Likes
post #4141 of 4142 Unread Today, 06:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHBrandt View Post
From your symptoms, it sounds like you somehow installed V3 on your iView, since that's what it says in System Info. As you discovered, V3 won't work with the 3500STB at all: you won't find any channels. Not sure how that happened, but go back and get the firmware from one of the above links. The V6 filename actually ends in V6 and also displays V6 in System Info; the V10/13 filename ends in "AA" but displays aV13 in System Info.
Thank you very much for your reply. So if I am understanding this right, both links you provided to the firmwares for the STB and STBII should work with my original STB. That is where I got the firmware versions I tried.

My steps:

1. Flashed the "IVIEW-3500STB-upgrade" dated 10/14/2013. This firmware says V6 when you DL it, but when you flash (just confirmed this again), it shows as "20130806 V3" in system info. So I tried the "remote upgrade" one dated the same 10/14/2013 (what upgrade to the remote does this really do?). Same thing, but compile date of "20130829 V6", though it was older than my V7 compilation date as well that I started out with. What's funny is the "remote upgrade" file in the SBT firmware section, once flashed, says "iVIEW-3500STBII." The regular bin file says just iVIEW-3500STB." Damn you iview!

2. After reading more peoples' troubles with the crappy labeling that iview has, I tried both the firmware files for the STBII, both didn't work either. I've also tried factory resetting and also not doing a reset. No difference. Which leads me to this...which one is recommended? V13, aka AA? (really, a second grader could name these better to avoid confusion!), or the V6 one (which is the remote-upgrade file). I've read others have tried many with difference results and it's almost a preference? Which just points to half-baked firmware in my opinion. Apologies for flaming iview a bit in my post, but really, come on.

Thank you for helping!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4142 of 4142 Unread Today, 08:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked: 260
Man, that's even worse than I thought.

OK; at one time there was a "V3" for the old 3500STB. From the date, it sounds like that's the one (mis)labeled V6 on their website. It's not the same as the V3 for the new boxes, but avoid it anyway. It had a ton of bugs.

All the other versions are for the new remote. I think the one on the 3500STB page (file name ending in VR) was the very first for this remote. The latest versions are on the 3500STBII page. I recommend the V10/13 firmware (file name ending in AA; the full version is 20131213 aV13) for users of the 3500STB and the "original" 3500STBII, unless you have a specific need (e.g., certain cable TV systems); in that case go with V9.

But all of those should be compatible with your box. If you're not getting channels with any of them, the problem must be something else. Try connecting the antenna cable directly to a TV to make sure you're getting a signal. If that's OK, double-check that it's hooked to the RF input on your iView. (The input and output look identical and it's easy to hook it to the wrong one.) Also make sure your country is correct - if you did a factory reset it may have changed - and that the signal type is set to "Air" instead of "Cable" (vice versa if you're a cable subscriber, of course) so it will scan the correct frequencies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page