iView-3500STB Tuner & DVR Owners Thread - Page 141 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 61Likes

post #4201 of 4204 Old Yesterday, 03:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello everyone- I apologize if this has been asked before, but you've got A LOT of posts!!

I just bought an iView 3500sbii (with the ch 3/4 switch) a few weeks ago and I'm having an issue.

If I set up a recording to happen when I'm not physically watching the tv, I can't get it to actually record. I've noticed that a dialog usually comes up and asks if I want to record, and asks me to press the OK button. I guess if I'm not there to press it, it just skips the recording? How can I get my scheduled recordings to actually record? It doesn't work even if I leave it on the channel of the recording coming up.

Secondly, I've found that while recording, my quality goes out the window, but goes back to normal when I stop recording. It even makes the recorded file itself scrambled. I've got a 3.5" HDD (Freeagent 500GB) attached.

You all seem so smart, anyone have any help for me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4202 of 4204 Old Today, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked: 268
I don't think the OK prompt is the problem. If you aren't there it should just OK itself. That's what mine does.

Your second problem is probably also your first problem. If the signal gets so bad you can't receive it, the iView will eventually just drop the recording. It may record an unwatchable minute or two first.

These problems are often caused by interference from the HDD. Try:
  • Moving the HDD farther from the iView
  • A different USB cable (some have better shielding)

Also see if you can improve your iView's reception. If your station is right on the cliff, a little interference can push it over the edge easily. But it may work better if there's some signal-to-noise ratio to spare.

Ironically, doing this may require making the input signal weaker, not stronger. The iView's tuner is notoriously prone to overload even when other tuners handle the same signal just fine.
post #4203 of 4204 Old Today, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktrex View Post
.... Secondly, I've found that while recording, my quality goes out the window, but goes back to normal when I stop recording. It even makes the recorded file itself scrambled. ....
I have this issue from time to time as well. For some reason the recording process impairs the tuner's reception capability. My only solution is to provide the best possible signal from the antenna for the channel(s) of interest. In my experience, reception can vary significantly from day to day...
post #4204 of 4204 Old Today, 02:00 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 115
ktrex, in addition to what the others have said, if you happen to be using an indoor antenna, move it as far away as you physically can get it from the iview. That may not apply to your situation, but if it does, that could solve the whole problem.

Some indoor antenna's have short fixed cables so don't give a lot of leeway for moving, but others have replaceable cables. So for anyone looking to purchase an antenna to use for this who can't have an outdoor one, make sure to get one that allows you to use your own cable or that at least has an extra long fixed cable.
JHBrandt likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders