iView-3500STB Tuner & DVR Owners Thread - Page 147 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #4381 of 4382 Old Yesterday, 08:48 PM
AVS Special Member
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 599 Post(s)
Liked: 389
Yes, that's a tap.

That one's -9dB on the weaker output, which is fine if your signals are strong enough. I usually prefer a -6dB tap, which gives you a little more margin. They're harder to find but I've always had good luck with Summit Source (they call it a "directional coupler" but it's the same thing): http://www.summitsource.com/aska-dcm...6-p-12078.html
Sponsored Links
post #4382 of 4382 Old Today, 12:41 PM
AVS Special Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 690 Post(s)
Liked: 418
My reception is so-so and I was thinking rather than changing antennas, www.antennaweb.org [great site, check it out] suggests based on my whereabouts that I should be using an antenna RF amp (or is it called preamp? I forget.). Anyway, the built in "On/Off power to RF amp" feature of the iView 3500 (w/ rear panel 3/4ch switch, not that I think that matters in this instance) which gives the flexibility of turning it on an off at will from remote, seems nifty.

Can anyone here suggest an amp they use with this handy feature? I only seem to easily see packages (for example, at monoprice) which come with new antennas too. I want just the amp to add to my existing Silver Sensor style Yagi ant..

In A/V reproduction accuracy, there is no concept of "accounting for taste". We don't "pick" the level of bass, etc., any more than we pick the ending of a play. High fidelity means an unmodified, neutral, exact copy (or "reproduction") of the original artist's tonal balance, timing, dynamics, etc..
Sponsored Links
Reply HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page